Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

The Dinner by Herman Koch Discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 7, 2013, 2:41:11 PM PST
Welcome to The Dinner discussion. Feel free to post your comments and opinions here. Please be aware that the ending of this book may be discussed so if you don't want to know how this story ends, please finish the book before reading on. I also ask that we be kind to each other regardless of your opinion of this book. Not everyone will agree but that's what makes a discussion worthwhile.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013, 8:55:43 AM PDT
I felt this book was written well for the most part. However, I felt cheated when the main character was describing symptoms and situations of things I felt important. He was vague at times and it felt like he got lost and wandered around in the past while giving no explanation as to what was happening. This caused the story to be somewhat abrupt at times and without a point to be made at other times. At storys end I felt there was missing information left out that could have enhanced the story. I felt the ending left you hanging. More specifics to come as more join the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013, 1:51:31 PM PDT
gypsyartist says:
I just started it and it is moving along fast. I am enjoying it very much. I like the idea of a story being told from soup to nuts. More later. No spoilers, please.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 10:57:04 AM PDT
Hi Lola and gypsyartist. Somehow I must have accidentally touch ignore this customer Lola. It certainly was not my intention. (Didn't even realize there was such a button.....) I'm starting The Dinner later today and looking forward to our discussion.

Posted on May 22, 2013, 5:30:44 AM PDT
apeacefulife says:
I just finished reading. I am anxious to hear opinions of what neurological condition is being referred to. Ideas or opinions ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (74 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2013
Latest post:  May 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers