Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

what's your favorite book so far?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 208 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 3, 2012, 6:28:27 AM PDT
Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand is definitely a favorite of mine. Another one that I thoroughly enjoyed is Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Both are excellent books and are full of history. I never was a lover of history when I was younger, but am loving it now.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012, 7:26:10 AM PDT
Jim says:
So far my favorite book of the year is a toss up between Reamde by Neal Stephenson and Existence by David Brin. Biggest disappointment clearly has to be Flashback by Dan Simmons. Best debut novel is God's War by Kameron Hurley.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 2:47:43 PM PDT
"The Known World." period

Posted on Jul 4, 2012, 2:49:20 PM PDT
"The Known World."

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 11:30:22 AM PDT
Nrhaller says:
My favorite book so far this year is the fantasy trilogy, The Marenon Chronicles. In The Deliverer, the amazing other world setting becomes so real, it seems you have lived there before. All the characters become either friends or vile enemies. The Gatekeeper, is next and picks up right where The Deliverer, left off. The suspense is great in all the books, but the last one, The Reckoning, was wonderful. I hated to see this trilogy end. Check out Jason D. morrow's fantasy trilogy for yourself, especially if you are anywhere from young adult to 110. You won't be sorry.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 1:42:57 PM PDT
Opinionated says:
Casket of Souls by Lynn Flewelling

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 3:10:31 PM PDT
L. Lopez says:
Fifty Shades Of Grey
Fifty Shades Of Darker
Fifty Shade Of Freed

NEVER READ ANYTHING AS INTRESTING AS THEM AND STILL LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SIMILIAR AND NOTHING BEATS IT!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 3:17:54 PM PDT
Mitzi says:
"Planet Earth Gets Well" www.planetearthgetswell.com. Great primer for eco-friendly kids.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012, 6:16:36 AM PDT
Laura says:
50 shades triology and slammed/point of retreat series are great

Posted on Jul 7, 2012, 8:08:15 AM PDT
Readalot says:
Defending Jacob, by W. Landay, a book with a twist. All Jo Nesbo's books from any year.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012, 8:34:52 AM PDT
Gaga11 says:
My very favorite books are by Karen Harper who writes about the Amish. I love her books...reasons...they are clean, I never have to apologize for what I'm reading, they don't offend or curse my Lord. She is an amazing author.
Gaga

Posted on Jul 7, 2012, 9:20:14 PM PDT
L. deLoney says:
hands down it was the trilogy of 50 shades of grey, a mature read......the sexual portions are interesting ,however the back story was simply entertaining...and it all takes place w.ithin 5 months

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 4:54:03 AM PDT
Gold Coast by Nelson DeMille is a wonderful, can't put down book. It is Long Island aristocracy meets the mafia. It is not a new book but it is an excellent 5 star book worth every minute.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 5:57:27 AM PDT
I read a lot of good books. The best I've read in 2012 is "The Secrets of Mary Bowser" by Lois Leveen. Historical fiction based on fascinating truth. It takes "The Help" up several notches.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012, 7:01:56 AM PDT
Norma says:
Yes Fifty Shades of Grey is a page turner and I do agree with Ross when it was stated that you really get involved with the main characters......I am on the second in that series of 3, Fifty Shades Darker and it is just as good!! The 3rd book is titled, Fifty Shades Freed...

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 7:25:27 AM PDT
sann says:
All of the John Rain series by Barry Eisler. Lots of action.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 7:37:50 AM PDT
Soccermom says:
Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed are great!! These were books that I couldn't put down and kept wanting more. Once you finished a book, you had to have the next. After Fifty Shades Freed, I still want more. The story totally brings you in and you feel like you know the characters. It's a great story beyond the sex. First books in a long time that have kept my attention and left me wanting to read more.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 8:17:41 AM PDT
"The Lead Dog" retains your interests throughout. Fictional leaders sorely needed in today's societal failures.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 8:19:00 AM PDT
"The Lead Dog" retains your interests throughout. Fictional leaders sorely needed in today's societal failures.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012, 8:53:09 AM PDT
Nibaur says:
Didn't like Gone Girl. Is this the modern marriage?

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 9:58:32 AM PDT
Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 4:57:03 PM PDT
L. Smith says:
Perfect Peace by Daniel Black! I couldn't put it down. It doesn't look like much from the beginning but oh when the plot is established.It's a page-turner.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012, 4:49:19 PM PDT
Navarre, FL says:
Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly. Great page turner. I was never a history buff, but if I could have read history written in this way, I would have longed to know more. Should be required reading for all high school students. You also find out there is nothing new in politics. It has always been nasty business.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012, 7:57:47 AM PDT
I agree, Lee Childs is a great writer and look forward to more

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012, 12:44:20 PM PDT
J. Carlson says:
after reading the grey series I thought I'm never going to find something to engross me...but Gabriels inferno and the follow up Gabriels Rapture were very very good...better writing...beautiful storyline...I couldn't put them down either. You might like those.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (74 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  172
Total posts:  208
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers