Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Biography forum

A biography that is a true page turner.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 103 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 8:52:45 AM PST
Louise says:
Hiding Behind the Cloth - Memoirs of an Innocent Child

Newly published book now available on Amazon.

Recent reader's review on FB page: "...The book, which Im almost done with..is OUTSTANDING to say the least!!!!!"

This book is an eye-opener that everyone should read. It is a book of courage and determination, written on behalf of all the children in this world that have been and still are being abused.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012, 11:15:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 23, 2012, 11:24:02 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 23, 2012, 11:18:17 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 23, 2012, 11:24:20 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 23, 2012, 4:30:40 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 23, 2012, 4:51:24 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012, 1:34:18 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 10, 2012, 1:42:00 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 11, 2012, 4:40:41 AM PST
SLT says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012, 5:20:02 AM PST
noray says:
I make it a point to NOT read what self-promoters come to this forum to do....there is a special place for you guys- peddle your wares elsewhere.I wish you the best but look upon you as a telephone solicitor. it is so annoying to have a forum going & then have people self promote.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012, 2:26:20 PM PST
thepear27 says:
The Highest Peak by Kathy Lee Pair

The Highest Peak

Posted on Feb 18, 2012, 7:39:35 PM PST
TWashington says:
I really enjoyed reading The glass castle

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012, 4:18:03 PM PST
This is an interesting discussion group. I would like to know who started it and if it has accomplished the objective? How many in this group have read the books recommended?
Cassie's is a must. But how many others have you all out there actually paid any attention to?

Posted on Feb 20, 2012, 5:32:33 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 11, 2012, 1:55:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 4:14:01 AM PST
Joanna says:
Butterfly Tears: Stories of Entrapment to Empowerment by Wil Drouin and Jennifer Thomas

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 11:35:34 AM PST
Shawly says:
The moon is a baloon.

This is the Bio of David Niven, Brit upper lip type actor who conned his way into Hollywood.
David was also a special forces officer during the war.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012, 7:40:18 AM PST
ProfStan says:
"Nicklas and Alexandria" or "Cathrine the Great"

Posted on Feb 28, 2012, 8:04:47 AM PST
Maxie's Mom says:
I've been told my book, The Issues of Life, is a page-turner. One person said she started it one afternoon and finished at 4:00 o'clock the following morning. Another got so involved she got mad at one character and threw the book down, then had to go pick it up and finish it to make sure he got what was coming to him! The Issues of Life is the fictionalized story of the life of my grandmother whose mother died in 1903. "Corrie," nine years old, was pushed aside by her father's new wife, sent away to school, made to leave her father's house to earn a living at a very young age, then manipulated into a marriage that her stepmother thought would be a lucrative connection for the 'family.' Corrie endured a tumultuous marriage and suffered sorrows, shame and poverty after her husband was incarcerated, forcing her to place two children in an orphanage, while barely able to keep the other four children fed and clothed. Sheer determination drove her to find work and go to nursing school to bring her family out of their dismal situation. I still shake my head at the misery she suffered and still triumphed. Much of the background was taken from stories heard from my own mother and aunts and uncles.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012, 3:46:26 PM PST
noray says:
I consider your post the same way I consider unwanted sales calls. go to your own forum. Good luck with your book but this is not the place to "sell" it.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012, 5:53:28 PM PST
H. Massa says:
A biography that is a true page turner:
Placer City Underground: OG Casanova's Crime Saga ("OG" Casanova's Crime Saga Book 1)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012, 7:09:29 PM PST
well, heck, EVERYONE loses everything and everyone around em. That's just life. God or no.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012, 1:51:02 PM PST
SAMMY AND ME: A G.I. AND HIS DOG IN VIETNAMis a great and heart-warming story with 50 pictures; some of which are awesome. This is my husband's book and I did help him get it set up and put the pictures in, but it's all his story about Vietnam and the dog that kept him sane.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 3:25:25 PM PST
Henry Darrow: Lightning in the Bottle
Try this one for how a Hispanic kid from New York City overcame his own fears and professional barriers to achieve world-wide fame as a TV cowboy and break ground for others.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012, 8:19:37 PM PST
The Invisible Thread: A Journey Home

Posted on Mar 14, 2012, 9:59:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2012, 9:59:33 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
One Trip Too Many. It is written by an Air Force Academy graduate who went through pilot training in Selma Alabama in the 60s, spent nearly four years in Vietnam flying three different aircraft, including the 105 over North Vietnam, and finally a life-changing, career-ending accident. It is funny, sad, exhilarating, and all around entertaining.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012, 8:44:38 PM PDT
Rachel Afe says:
Muddy Jungle Rivers - it is my father's story of his time in Vietnam. I'm just over half way through the book and I am amazed at his writing ability, especially given the difficulty he must have had putting those memories on paper. It is definitely a page turner!

Posted on Mar 17, 2012, 10:15:01 AM PDT
"Death Watch Diary" is firsthand account of life on death watch. It is a 40 page powerful read for $.99 on amazon Kindle. Robert Towery was executed by the State of Arizona on March 8, 2012. For the last 35 days of his life, Robert was placed on "Death Watch" where his every move was recorded and chronicled by prison officials. Robert also kept a diary which he gave or mailed to his attorneys as installments. He detailed the ironies and absurdities of life in prison. Read this book and share it with your friends - it will make you think!

Posted on Mar 29, 2012, 11:18:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 29, 2012, 11:21:00 AM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (161 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers