Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

bring back the blu-ray upcoming releases section..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2013, 1:44:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 16, 2013, 1:47:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 16, 2013, 7:38:05 PM PDT
DJD says:
I agree. I don't care what's coming out in April, I want to know what's coming out this Tuesday.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013, 8:43:33 PM PDT
EdM says:
You could look at upcoming Blu-ray release dates here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/releasedates.php

The next bunch comes Mar 19. [Search within the page for 19, e.g.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 10:14:57 AM PDT
Needlessly complex. Give me something easy on the Amazon Blu-ray page where I can just click on the upcoming date. You know, just like it has been the last few years.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 12:39:49 PM PDT
ALH says:
Is this an Amazon computer problem or a permanent removal of upcoming releases by date? Horrible idea to remove if that is the case!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 2:24:37 PM PDT
Mark Johnson says:
Agreed! I used to visit that one link, and from there I could preorder several blu-rays and know I've seen all (or most) of the releases for that week. I did this week after week after week. I guess if I've got to jump through a bunch of hoops to do this, I will have to look elsewhere. I hate to do it, but my time is very important to me.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 2:53:35 AM PDT
Ivan Volent says:
I miss the columns of releases by dates which made it so much easier to find what I wanted and also things I didn't know I wanted. The less popular releases seem to have been relegated to my having to know the title and enter it in the search. I used to find movies I would be interested in but didn't know of. These are not easy to find now.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 5:27:14 AM PDT
ALH says:
Amazon, hope someone is watching these posts. Now, if this is a permanent change, now I have to use a combination 5 different sites to find out ALL the new releases by date...Digital Bits, DVDEmpire, BluRay.com, Best Buy, and Diabolik. I have to toggle them against the Amazon pages in order to get an overall look (like MJ just remarked) I buy a lot. But, what leads me to buying more than just the Hot Releases is the dated list. So, Amazon, smarten up, if the prices are close to yours for that week, I might just take the easier road and buy from the site that makes it a one easy stop shop. Seriously, Amazon what were your site developers thinking regarding this change?

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 5:30:51 AM PDT
Jack N. says:
Someone messed this up, bad idea removing this section! thumbs down!

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 5:48:13 AM PDT
Jack N. says:
This really sucks!

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 6:02:06 AM PDT
Amazon isn't being very smart now. They better not have gotten rid of it. I liked the upcoming blu ray releases link. If you get rid of it then everything will be useless. Nobody will know when a bluray is being released.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 6:46:45 AM PDT
pete_clarf says:
From the main Blu-Ray page, click on the "New Releases" header on the top... going horizontally. Then scroll down not quite halfway. There are the releases week-to-week.

If you click on "New Releases" on the left-hand column, you get a different page, so it has to be on the header at the top of the page. Glad it's still hiding somewhere, but who knows how long it will be there. They keep moving it around in the 'Video Games' department as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013, 11:00:52 AM PDT
DigitalDude says:
Thank you Pete Clarf. I followed your instructions and found the section hiding away. I'm going to create a bookmark for that page since that's what I check the most. Thank you so much!

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 12:02:38 PM PDT
ALH says:
Yes. Thank you for the hint. But, it really doesn't work well..at least not at the moment. You have to surf two pages in as Amazon keeps wanting to hit you with only the Hot Releases and top 100 lists. When you get to the This week and next week parts, guess what, it only goes into the top hits for that week (next week only Lincoln is showing). Further down, you can get what was the old link for all upcoming releases which is just one of the two tools Amazon had for showing buyers all the upcoming releases. But, you have to navigate again to get to the week you want. Artists and small independent film makers and distributors should be up in arms about these changes as well. The Amazon weekly dates...easily seen and obtained (in complete glory of all titles) was one of the ways a smaller/mid-production production company could get its product potentially sold to collector addits and regular movie goers alike. Again, come on Amazon stand up..get your programmer web site folks to change it back...even make it better than before by adding an advance list BY WEEK front and center to your first page under Movies! Good grief..how many messages before a decent answer from Amazon.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 3:31:16 PM PDT
J. Lee says:
In the meantime, while we figure out if this was an intentional mistake by Amazon or not, here is a more straightforward way of pulling up the upcoming Blu-Ray releases by date:

1. Go to the Movies & TV section main page (instead of the Blu-Ray page)
2. Scroll about half way down the page. You'll see that the old format releases by week links are still there (at least until Amazon decides to remove these too)
3. Select a week you want to browse
4. In the upper left, under Format, select Blu-Ray to filter only the BR titles to display

Compared to the old format that we all love and want back, this only adds one extra click (selecting the Blu-Ray filter). Still, it would be nice if Amazon restored the release by week links on the main Blu-Ray page.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 6:48:28 PM PDT
Taskmaster65 says:
That's why I came here. To find out what was coming out tomorrow. I guess Amazon doesn't want my business!

Posted on Mar 19, 2013, 5:17:31 AM PDT
Kevin says:
Amazon please return it back the way it was,

Posted on Mar 19, 2013, 6:09:27 AM PDT
ALH says:
Today, can't find anyway to surf into any date links. Guess Amazon will learn when the collectors stop purchasing as much. Product not easily in your face..therefore buyer does not even consider purchasing. New releases and top 100 only easily seen without effort, maybe that is the only customer base that Amazon cares about in the long run. So Sad!

Posted on Mar 19, 2013, 9:53:59 AM PDT
/signed

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2016, 4:50:46 PM PST
Joe Breen says:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A2625373011%2Cp_69%3A3y-9y&bbn=2625373011&sort=salesrank&ie=UTF8&qid=1456445463

3y-9y is for next Tuesday. Change it to 10y-16y gets you next Tuesday, etc.

click on blu/dvd/4k to filter

Posted on Nov 28, 2016, 5:42:00 AM PST
ALH says:
I definitely agree with the stupidity of Amazon the way they mess with things that work for their customer audience. This is not the first time they have destroyed the easiest way to find out what's new this week.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers