Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Official Petition for Amazon to Separate Blu-ray Reviews from DVD Reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 291 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 2:05:59 PM PST
C Barbus says:
Hint : he's delusional. He invents/conjures/imagines conversations wherever he goes. Sad thing is he thinks they are real.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 3:11:02 PM PST
A/V guru says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 3:26:43 PM PST
C Barbus says:
A joke to you maybe, this was explained in many of the movie promotional materials and ads when the movie came out. And it might even be explained in the movie, I don't have time to verify right now. And by the way, the post you responded to had ZERO reference to the movie CE3K, so in a discussion about alien encounters, third kind is not necessarily assumed. It could be a close encounter of the 2nd kind, for instance when someone drives by your house and smells you. They can sense you, but luckily they don't really meet you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 3:34:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2011, 3:36:31 PM PST
A/V guru says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 3:55:39 PM PST
YES

Posted on Jan 11, 2011, 4:02:45 PM PST
Morphine says:
Signed!

Posted on Jan 11, 2011, 5:03:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2011, 5:07:12 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Please remember to vote on the very first post.

Right now we are at 103 out of 104!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 5:07:36 PM PST
M. Holling says:
yes

Posted on Jan 11, 2011, 7:17:55 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Yes, A/V guru, I know Close Encounters of the Third Kind, it's one of my all-time favorite films, one of those I purchase in just about every format it's been released in. VHS, laserdisc P&S of the Special Edition (the only cut then available on home video), letterboxed LD of the SE, Criterion LD multiple disc box which saw the first home video release of the original theatrical cut, plus, through track programming the SE and the extended version shown on ABC, all letterboxed, of course; followed by the large LD letterboxed release of Spielberg's " final cut"; the first DVD release, followed by the 30th Anniversary Ultimate DVD release, and lastly, the Blu-ray version of the latter. Do I qualify as a fan? And, yes, I was referencing Close Encounters in that post. I will admit I did not get your reference to a Fourth Kind. Are you referring to the abduction reports or to a recent flying-under-the-radar film that had the term in its title that was, apparently, about abductions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011, 7:37:57 PM PST
A/V guru says:
I meant this one...
The Fourth Kind [Blu-ray]

But this seems intriguing...
Encounters of the Fourth Kind

Posted on Jan 12, 2011, 11:35:13 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2011, 1:42:28 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 13, 2011, 10:29:58 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
We are up to 124 of 126 people that are in agreement.

I sent an email to Amazon, and I am awaiting a response.

Posted on Jan 14, 2011, 6:27:37 AM PST
It's about time! I have been complaining about that fact for so long, and obviously I'm not the only one! Thanks to all of you who just want to make things better AND simpler for US, the people who truly love and enjoy movies on Blu, Daniel Martel. Mont St-Hilaire. Quebec. Canada.

Posted on Jan 14, 2011, 7:15:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2011, 10:06:29 AM PST
Go ahead and start holding your breath now Anders. Im sure Amazon is going to take your 'Does this post add to the discussion' rating of 124/126 to heart. I understand what you're trying to do here. I agree with all that is being said. But somehow a rag tag group of blu-ray misfits who think your post adds to the convo being mentioned to amazon admins and customer service doesn't really seem to be a large portion of the overall Amazon shopping experience.

Good luck to you, but I think you need far more support to make this change noteworthy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2011, 12:28:36 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
I totally agree with you Kyle. Amazon does need to see a larger cross section of their customer base represented. I just figured that I would email them every 100 or so more votes that this premise receives.

I think one thing this thread does show is the very large percentage of participants that are in agreement. Right now there are 138 out of 141 yes votes, that's about 98%. Even though it blows my mind why three people so far would not want to see this happen.

Amazon prides themselves on being the "worlds most customer centric company", I think its time they prove that. If it is true that Amazon is the aforementioned, then this endeavor should hold merit.

Maybe this won't be enough to make Amazon change their website, but maybe it will be enough to make them consider it. Maybe they will create a customer poll that would more efficiently represent their customer's opinions on this subject. The one thing that I do know for a fact is: Doing nothing, will change nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2011, 12:44:50 PM PST
A/V guru says:
Anybody else sensing crickets on Amazons part of this?

Posted on Jan 14, 2011, 7:30:59 PM PST
Rad_Racing says:
Agree, get with the times Amazon.

Posted on Jan 14, 2011, 9:00:24 PM PST
MR J says:
YES please ! Thank you kind Amazon.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 7:34:28 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
1-800 suicide

I'm sorry, but why in the world would you use that as a user name? As someone who had a friend who committed suicide, that name gave me a shock, and a most disagreeable one. Even though it was many years ago, the memory of that talented young man who did away with himself still fills me with sadness. It may be against board protocol to question another's choice of user name, but to use this in the context of a website forum, which is, in the greater scheme of things, so unimportant, is a shock.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011, 7:41:49 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Great, we are now up to 169 out of 173.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 7:09:20 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Who is against this anyway?

Do you mind voicing your opinions?

Posted on Jan 18, 2011, 7:51:08 PM PST
Anders Blom says:
Does any of the 4 people that oppose this proposal have anything useful to add? Is there any issues or problems that might occur because of this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011, 7:58:39 PM PST
C Barbus says:
I think you are taking the vote too personally. You have an excellent tally there. Some no-vote just for the sake of it. Just watch my post. Not the Guru will vote no on it even before it hits the system, so I start 0 of 1 on every post. Doesn't bother me one bit. Also, people who voted no might never visit again, so your question may be falling on deaf ears. You have nearly 200 overall votes with only 39 people who posted any kind of message. You are doing ok, kid.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011, 9:34:32 PM PST
EdM says:
This issue has spread to some of the user reviews, for example:
Der Rosenkavalier: The Film [Blu-ray]

Which has this comment:
"By Progressive (Colorado) - See all my reviews
"This review is from: Der Rosenkavalier: The Film [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
"I don't know why Amazon has started to attach to new releases reviews that were written for ancient VHS versions and early, different DVD versions. The info Amazon provides on the reviews that actually says "review of the VHS edition" is easily overlooked. I don't think this is really a service to the customer, who might be put off buying a newly remastered Blu-ray edition with many bonus features ..."

Maybe if enough people complain ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011, 1:00:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2011, 1:01:45 AM PST
Anders Blom says:
@C. Barbus

Don't worry about it, I'm not taking it personally. I don't believe anyone is attacking me; I just would like to know the views of the opponents to this endeavor. Curious really, why would someone not want this to happen.

@EdM

I have noticed that happening too. Many, many reviews for products are just customers venting about how jumbled the review system is.

Well, now that we have broached 200 votes, I will fire off yet another email.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 3D 11 15 days ago
Why are BluRay DVD's so ugly? And can we lose the blue? 74 16 days ago
Season 7 of Adventure Time. No Blu Ray release unless you're in Australia. Import won't work because it's locked to Region B. 1 19 days ago
What does "Digital Copy" mean? 35 21 days ago
Are steel books worth the price ? 18 Aug 2, 2017
DVD vs Blu Ray 262 Jul 27, 2017
Condition of used blu-ray cases in marketplace often mispresented 24 Jul 11, 2017
anyone know why you can't preorder disney blurays (moana, doctor strange, & rogue one) 26 Jul 9, 2017
What happened to Blu-ray at Walmart? 122 Jun 16, 2017
Created order with a preorder item in it 1 Jun 15, 2017
What good is a 4K television really? 360 Jun 6, 2017
Amazon now Charging Tax! 964 Jun 6, 2017

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  291
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers