Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

What movie are you waiting for to be released on blu ray in 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 162 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 2:50:31 AM PST
Kerry.b says:
C.Barbus
its a wish list..or in my terms(Waiting List)..
sorry for the confusion C.barbus..

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:53:44 AM PST
for me it would be nice to release on blu:
Year of the Dragon
Abyss
and the series Revenge

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:33:36 AM PST
shane
song of the south
violent saturday
kiss before dying (wagner)
gunga din
the plainsman
the sea hawk
the roaring twenties.
as you can see by my list i am old! so i cannot afford to hold my breath.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 9:52:27 AM PST
Jim Tarleton says:
I would love to see a great Blu-Ray version of "Two Women" and "Rocco and His Brothers", two great Italian films

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 9:54:04 AM PST
Jim Tarleton says:
I doubt if we ever will see "Song of the South" on Blu-Ray, but I do have it on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 11:23:32 AM PST
EdM says:
The DVD version was edited. Maybe in the very distant future, this could be reissued for historical significance... See this earlier discussion:

http://www.amazon.com/What-absolute-best-version/forum/Fx1RHBTGGHC4Y6C/Tx347CV12TFWAQG/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp

Reading through the discussion, a Japanese LaserDisc version [Japanese subtitles with English soundtrack] was closest to the original.

Don't hold your breath for this in any modern form. It likely could be very fine technically if remastered, compare to GWTW or the Wizard of Oz, but it was long ago deemed to be too racist, damaging to Walt Disney's reputation IMO:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15677_the-9-most-racist-disney-characters.html

"These old Disney movies are a little bit like your aging Uncle Frank. Honestly, he means well when he points out that Will Smith is "well-spoken." It's just that he, like the assemblage of clips below, dates from a time when people were unfairly characterized by their ethnic background..."

How unfair? Read on ...

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 3:16:10 PM PST
Georgedc says:
http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Atlas-Blu-ray-Tom-Hanks/dp/B009AMAMF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361229260&sr=8-2&keywords=cloud+atlas+blu+ray

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:57:41 AM PST
Shane and Song of the South!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:15:16 AM PST
song of the south has never been officially released on dvd, Japan laser disc, uk vas tape, i think you have a "bootleg"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:16:07 AM PST
yes.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:31:25 AM PST
B. Ackerman says:
The Great Escape and Disney's Treasure Island

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:03:15 AM PST
Sui Lin Chee says:
The Movie Studios will decide for us; anything that will make money.
Even the Green Hornet TV series, if the copyright disputes were settled.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 6:12:19 AM PST
The Shootist

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 6:13:12 AM PST
The Shootist starring John Wayne!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 8:22:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 8:29:04 AM PST
Giant
East of Eden
Rebel Without a Cause

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 8:26:55 AM PST
EdM says:
"song of the south has never been officially released on dvd, Japan laser disc, uk vas tape"

This oscar winner was released for home video, if not in the US. DVD [but edited]: Song of the South PAL version on VHS SONG OF THE SOUTH (IN ENGLISH)

and back when in Japan on Japanese LaserDisc:

http://www.songofthesouth.net/memorabilia/collectibles/media/laserjapan.html

Just as people can fairly easily purchase BDs from Amazon UK and elsewhere, people back then could individually buy and import movies not officially released in the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_the_South#Home_media

"The film has been released on video in its entirety in various European, Latin American, and Asian countries-in the UK it was released on PAL VHS tape in 1982 and again in 1991, and in Japan it appeared on NTSC VHS, BETA and laserdisc in 1985 then again in 1990 with subtitles during songs (it should also be noted that under Japanese copyright law it is now in the public domain)..."

See also this article:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314907/disney-s-restoration-of-dumbo-and-efforts-to-preserve-their-film-library

"In preparation of the 70th Anniversary release of Dumbo on Blu-ray Tuesday September 20th, The Walt Disney Company embarked on a full restoration of the film. The story is bigger than just Dumbo, however as Disney is in the middle of a multi-year project to save and protect its rich film library for future generations...

"Like most studios, Disney used nitrate film stocks prior to 1955... Years ago Disney made an agreement with the Library of Congress to loan them their nitrate negatives to preserve and store since Disney didn't have the correct facilities...

"This project has been used to get 4K scans and new prints to preserve live action classics like Song of the South (no plans to release) ..."

Dumbo (Two-Disc 70th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray / DVD Combo Pack in DVD Packaging)

Also, this next article explains more on various historical aspects.

http://www.moviefanfare.com/song-of-the-south/

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:17:03 PM PST
Sharguild says:
Heartily agree with all your choices and would add;
- Ghost & the Darkness (Kilmer/Douglas)
- The Warlord (Heston)
- Blood of Heroes (Rutger)
- Will Penny (Heston)
- Jerimiah Jones (Redford)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:17:48 PM PST
Sharguild says:
Agreed!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:34:23 PM PST
Sharguild says:
Hammer has started to release their best on Blu-Ray.
Do yourself a BIG favour and by a Region Free Blu-Ray Player.
I've had a region free dvd player for quite a while and have almost all Hammer titles. They look spectacular upscaled, I don't even worry about Blu-Ray for them.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 6:46:58 PM PST
Sharguild says:
We also need to insist they release the "Roadshow" versions of the epics (i.e. Intro, Entre'acte, Finale, longer versions).
Fortunately they have on many but not all.
With newer titles, they have no conception of the "movie going experience" and would far rather have you wade through ten minutes of advertisements 'cause they are pimps who will sell their Grandmother to a sailor in Bangkok to make an extra buck.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 9:26:21 PM PDT
The Host with the english track(the copy that i have starts in english and then changes to Korean).
Private Resort (great and funny comedy with Johnny Depp)
Cheaper By the Dozen 1
Blast From The Past
Ruthless People
Snow Dogs
Death Wish 3
True Lies
Godzilla (the original, it was release in japanese) with the english audio track.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:05:28 PM PDT
metal maniac says:
Django Unchained!

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 5:38:53 PM PDT
Solaris 2002

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:45:32 AM PDT
The Abyss
In the Mouth of Madness
A Rage in Harlem
The King of Queens
Deep Cover
Dead Presidents
Harlem Nights
Tales From the Crypt
Rose Red
Martin (TV Series)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 12:49:45 AM PDT
Absolutely! Most people panned the movie because it leaned more to the cerebral side than bona fide sci-fi, but because it is so different is why it intrigued me.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  112
Total posts:  162
Initial post:  Jan 29, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers