Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Official Petition for Amazon to Separate Blu-ray Reviews from DVD Reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 291 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 14, 2012, 9:17:59 AM PDT
Gevin Huey says:
When I come to the product page of a specific BD release of a film, I would like to read reviews specifically related only to that particular product/release. It would be nice to have an option to click an option to view a collection of all reviews related to all releases of the film in every format, just to get an idea of what people think of the film; but this is not what product reviews are for. A product review relates to the packaging, the video quality, the audio quality, the special features available, the specific cut of the film, as well as the film. A review that simply offers "Two Thumbs Up" might be just as good for a VHS release as it is a BD release, but if I want to read opinions on whether or not I should double dip for a newer release or what people thought about how Indiana Jones transfered onto the BD medium,.. seeing a bunch of VHS/LD/HDDVD/DVD reviews only convolutes my search.

To summarise: a film review is a film review, a product review is a product review.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 12:14:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 1:17:11 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 1:41:20 PM PDT
C Barbus says:
Sha,

HD signal does not indicate perfect picture every time. You obviously do not know much about what goes into making a BD. Quality of a BD transfer is dependant on many things: quality of the original print, skill of the transfer team, how much the studio cares about the movie, etc.

On top of quality of movie transfer, there are other differences in releases regarding the extras. The extras on some BD releases could make a release a 5 star release. Then there could be a "bare bones" release where there are no extras.

This simply is not an issue of quality of movie. Gevin stated the issue perfectly - We want a product review, which is more information than a movie review. This isn't even a dvd vs bd issue. There are movies with multiple releases of both dvd and BD. If you want to know how good the extras are on the 10th anniversary bd edition of Memento, why should you have to scan through hundreds of other reviews of the older dvd AND BD editions to find the review of the product you want to research to buy?

Sha, I don't think you need to get a life, but your could certainly use a clue or two.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 2:23:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 2:34:54 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 14, 2012, 2:35:06 PM PDT
Everett says:
Also no reviews before the release!!! Please.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 3:00:11 PM PDT
C Barbus says:
If you do not care, then why are you commenting? That is a little bit odd. Troll-like even.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 3:26:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 3:30:49 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 4:19:56 PM PDT
C Barbus says:
Sha,

People give feedback to places they shop at all the time to make the experience better. You still haven't answered the question of why you are commenting if you do not care one way or the other about the product reviews? Your major gripe seems to be that you are against change.

Posted on May 14, 2012, 4:50:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 5:15:49 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 8:31:07 PM PDT
C Barbus says:
I am not asking why you make posts in general. I am asking you why you post an opinion in a thread where you admittedly do not care about the topic?

Don't you have better things to do than talking about something you don't use?

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 11:09:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 11:14:30 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
the topic happens to be about a petition for Amazon to separate DVD and Blu-ray reviews. I just think it's a waste of time and I doubt Amazon will even appeal to the petition since it isn't a major issue that needs to be fixed when people can just get their reviews from a different source. can't expect Amazon to cater to everyone's needs just cause people shop for movies on it all the time. Amazon isn't the only place that sells items at cheap prices. i've been to other stores that sell items cheaper than Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012, 12:03:30 AM PDT
C Barbus says:
Sha,

f this thread is about reviews, why are you trying to deflect attention away from your poor arguments by discussing pricing?

Amazon does have a customer review process, and the people here are making suggestions on how to improve it. If Amazon has the review process, wouldn't Amazon want to make it as helpful as possible to keep customers coming back? After all, there are "other stores that sell items cheaper than Amazon". So, Amazon should be trying to improve the shopping experience, right?

Once again your logic fails you. Even when you go off topic.

Posted on May 15, 2012, 12:33:52 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
well, good luck with the petition, don't think it'll do you any good though. you might as well give it up and look for a new source for movie reviews, if it's really somthing you have to have before you buy movies.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 7:03:36 AM PDT
Caleb Kern says:
Yes I agree that Amazon needs to separate Blu Ray reviews from DVDs. The transfers are different, the sound encoding is different, and the special features are different.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012, 2:22:38 PM PST
Steven Gibb says:
I have no idea why someone would be against this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012, 2:28:07 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:

Posted on Nov 24, 2012, 6:31:26 PM PST
grumpygramp says:
Yes, I would like to see Blu-ray movie reviews seperated from DVD reviews.

I'll take it a step further and say that different versions of the same movie should have separate review pages not all combined like it is now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 11:24:12 AM PST
Judi Fryer says:
If you see know difference in watching a blu-ray than a DVD perhaps you don't watch many blu-rays. If that is not the case, may I humbly suggest you might want to invest in a new, different blu-ray player because you are definitely missing something - something that many reviewers are interested in reading about in separate reviews for two entirely different offerings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 11:35:24 AM PST
DC says:
I agree they must be watching their blu-rays on a 15" monitor not to see a difference or have a really bad player, as the difference with a good blu is night and day on my panny plasma.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 12:39:17 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
15"? are you kidding me? I have a 51" 1080p HDTV in my living room and a 24" 720p HDTV in my bedroom, both of them are hooked to Blu-ray and DVD players, to me, Blu-ray movies don't look much different than DVD movies, as far as picture quality goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 1:36:48 PM PST
Judi Fryer says:
You have both your TVs hooked up to (BOTH) Blu-ray and DVD players? Your Blu-Ray player really does need to be replaced if you need a separate DVD player to play DVDs. Or- really, perhaps you might think about getting an eye exam.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012, 2:13:38 PM PST
Yep

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 2:58:55 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
both Blu-ray players are almost 1 year old, so they don't need to be replaced. the DVD players are a lot older than that, but they still play as good as if they were still brand new. I can hit a target 800ft away without a scope, so I don't need an eye exam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 3:01:03 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
Obviously you do, there is a huge difference in blu ray n DVD, if its not your equipment then it's you. My 85 year old grandma an tell a difference

Posted on Nov 25, 2012, 3:01:46 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
Can tell*
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  291
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers