Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

After blu-ray, what comes next?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 255 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:12:30 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 6:42:42 PM PDT
A M says:
Blockbuster carrying edited movies was not rumor. But it was only with movies that were unrated or got an X or NC-17. And films that were trimmed to get an R (ie:Basic Instinct, Angel Heart) - most video stores would carry the "unrated director's cut" where Blockbuster would only carry the R-Rated theatrical version.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:08:26 PM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 7:17:11 PM PDT
I think I remember one location carrying laserdiscs, but very late in the game. I had been renting from a locally owned place for years that had 3 locations with tons of laserdiscs by the time Blockbuster got a clue. There was no reason to switch to a blockbuster I had to drive 3 times as far to get to with about a fourth of the inventory.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 8:58:17 PM PDT
stevign says:
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 3:39:15 AM PDT
Moviedude says:
Indie and foreign is like 90% of Netflix. You're out of luck if you want to watch something new and domestic.

Unless it comes from Paramount. They seem to get Paramount stuff the same day it comes out on video more or less.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:45:04 AM PDT

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 3:04:01 PM PDT
Cavaradossi says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:03:21 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:03:59 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:10:22 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:18:12 PM PDT
A M says:
Wow! Jonathan Chang made a joke. I guess the end of Rocky IV was correct. Everyone can change!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 8:48:49 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 8:59:28 PM PDT
Brown Sugar says:
We are not decades away..it's about the money. The technology is there. They choose not to put it out , but do it slowly. They string the public and unfortunately we have no choice and have to go along with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 12:15:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2012 12:21:07 AM PDT
You're right that it's about the money, but not that they're purposefully stringing us along. What it's really about is earmarks and the free market. The Asian and European nations that have vastly superior internet have a government that invests in their infrastructure. But yes, it does cost money to run hundreds of miles of underground/underwater fiber optic pipes.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 12:33:36 AM PDT
I like your thinking on the subject.I only wish i see that before i shuffle off this mortal coil.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:58:45 PM PST
Steve says:
From what I hear all sotres are getting rid of software based movies and are switching to a Digital download format for your Mobile devices or Smart TVs so If you've seen some of these movies or music albums that are in an iTUnes card that's what they're switching too now dunno when they'll do it to movies but I defiantly know they're doing this with music

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:08:22 PM PST
Ashely1990 says:
With music that is fine, I don't even buy physical cd's anymore mainly because I can download any album I want for free from the Android market. But with movies I am still going to be buying Blu Ray's.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:51:33 AM PST
Nat Whilk says:
If the day does ever come when Blu-rays cease to be sold, rather than pay for downloads I think I'll follow my dear old Dad's sensible advice and wait for the TV broadcast!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:39:56 PM PST
A M says:
"I can download any album I want for free from the Android market."

What? Music on the android market costs money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 1:09:36 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 1:18:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 1:18:48 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "I think I'll follow my dear old Dad's sensible advice......."

Blow up your TV, throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus, on your own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpf4Xs2ww8

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:26:17 PM PST
Ashely1990 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:12:10 PM PST
Ashely,

That is not downloading music from the Android Market, as you claimed. You are just using an app to download from somewhere on the internet, not from Android.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:37:41 AM PST
The Android uses the internet. Downloading anything from the Android market is downloading it from the internet.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  255
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions