Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Warner Bros Sucks!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 179 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 7:41:31 AM PDT
BeastNYC says:
The movie Green Lantern SUCKED anyway so who cares about its Digital Copy?

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 10:03:20 AM PDT
Wanted to provide an update. After contacting Warner Brothers and UltraViolet customer care, I received a poor initial response. However, a couple days ago I received a follow up via email from them explaining the situation and providing a Apple redemption code to download Green Lantern through iTunes as well. They go on to explain that in future releases, they will offer a iTunes compatible download option that will be linked to your UltraVioltet digital locker. This is very good news. I've posted the email below for all to see. I think much more highly of a company that actually listens to its customers and responds accordingly, expecially during the early phases of a new technology adoption.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 28, 2011

Dear Dwayne Crocker:
Thank you for being one of our best customers and among the first to try UltraViolet Digital Copy. Thank you also for contacting us to let us know that your experience wasn't optimal.

While we have received a lot of positive reaction to UltraViolet, we realize that with any new technology there is a learning curve for both creators and consumers, and this is especially true around new user experiences.

It's important to us that you are fully satisfied with your purchase. With that in mind, we've included a coupon code for an iTunes version of your UltraViolet Digital Copy Title so that you can obtain an iOS compatible download of this title immediately. We also wanted to let you know that we are currently working to add new features to our service that will allow you to download your movie titles in an iOS-compatible format directly from your UltraViolet locker. We hope you come back and try out this functionality in the future. Please click on the link below to redeem your Digital Copy from the iTunes store:

Click here for coupon code: Green Lantern

We are excited by UltraViolet's ability to offer you a digital locker copy of your purchased title. With UltraViolet today, you can download your title to a PC or Mac for offline playback as well as stream it to your PC, Mac or compatible iOS and Android devices. You can also add up to six members to your account, so that your whole family can enjoy it. And, UltraViolet provides ongoing access to your titles from the cloud, meaning you will enjoy the benefit of future enhancements to the service, including the addition of new devices, download formats and retailers.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. We'd like to keep the channels of communication open and look forward to hearing from you as we continue our rollout of UV-enabled titles.

Sincerely,

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and Flixster

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 10:07:02 AM PDT
Dwayne, thanks for updating us! A good news indeed if they really implement it.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 10:11:28 AM PDT
Very good point ... let's see if they do. In the mean time, I responded to the WB email with a lengthy breakdown of the importance of listening to customers, especially in this new era of "my cloud" services. In my response, I requested that they send me a Apple redemption code for Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2, since I hear that will only contain the UltraViolet version of a digital copy. Going forward, we'll see what they do.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2011, 11:24:23 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011, 5:54:35 AM PDT
are they put a apple redemption code for the digital copy of harry potter deathly hallows part 2

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011, 4:54:30 PM PDT
I agree, I think UltraViolet Digital copy sucks. I will not buy the next Harry Potter combo since it is Ultraviolet.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 5:48:46 PM PDT
i got a free download for gotham knight when i got arkham city, it does the flister thing and havent been able to watch it yet. it loads to 90% and stops... so i refuse to use the digital copies through that service as im sure it will do what is happening to you guys. they screwed up big time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011, 7:53:59 PM PDT
Yeah no kidding, whats with this "Digital Copy" crap. Just rip the dvd.Personally I dont care to watch any movie on an iPhone/PSP sized screen. I did it once and thought to myself "How can anyone actually squint to watch a movie on these crappy sized screens" *I watched Let the Right One In on my PSP*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011, 8:29:52 PM PDT
Doug Waltz says:
Yeah, i guess everyone's viewing method is their call. For me, i run an hdmi cable from my laptop to my TV, max the screen and then microwave the popcorn. Simply because walking around with all my movies on a laptop and an external HD is a little easier than dragging around every blu ray or dvd with me.

I guess this is why iTunes support is such a sticking point with me...it has become my primary method for listening to tunes, watching movies and TV. But really, how you watch isn't the issue, i just hate this "us or them" mentality WB is going with.

Actually, if you think about it, WB forcing us to buy Ultra Violet and then use Flixster instead of just offering both formats and hoping theirs comes out on top, pretty much says they don't have very much faith in their own product, ya know?

I mean, anytime you have to "force" someone to use your product by elimating all the other options, that's not free enterprise, that's extortion. Way to go WB, i'm sure your Flixster team loves the support their own company is showing them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011, 7:40:21 AM PST
iTunes, iTunes, iTunes, iTunes, iTunes, iTunes!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 9:02:19 AM PST
P. Bosler says:
Looks like I'll be downloading Harry Potter from iTunes. The only way to get Warner Bros. and the like to stop screwing with their customer base is to stop buying their products. Perhaps then they will give us what we want.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011, 10:16:58 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
You are still giving them money for the iTunes version, and depriving yourself the Blu-ray. It's a win-win for them, and a lose-lose for us. Darn shame that it has come to this.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 5:47:47 AM PST
I also hate Warner Brothers. I will no longer purchase any WB titles on DVD. I want to watch this on my iPad at 30000 feet. The CEO of WB is a complete jerk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 5:58:42 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 9:12:49 AM PST
Elo says:
"If enough people stop buying they'll change, if people keep buying, they won't."

Exactly. Either low sales or a lot of returns will kill Ultraviolet.
A question though. Are Special Features available on the "Movie Only," non-Ultraviolet versions of these releases?

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 12:51:20 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 12:53:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2011, 12:53:42 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 12:55:59 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 12:58:01 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011, 2:41:14 PM PST
This is why I creat my own digital copies with dvdfab.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011, 10:47:13 AM PST
Joe Nirruc says:
Dwayne,
Where did you complain? I mostly find dead links and it is very annoying. I am hoping to get a rebate code for iTunes as well....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011, 9:05:07 PM PST
Go to http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com and click on "Request Support", then "Submit a Ticket" and complain there. The initial response I got was default "too bad". It was about a week later I got an unsolicited email from Ultraviolet stating what I put in the above post. I just picked up HP part 2 and knew it would have the same DC. I'm going to complain again and ask for an iTunes redemption code.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 11:14:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2011, 11:17:32 AM PST
Mark B. says:
This morning I created an UltraViolet account and entered redemption codes for three movies. Frankly, it was a real hassle to get it all set up and it appears Flixster is yet another company that wants to track the movies I watch and I'm outraged that "social marketing" is the real agenda behind all the hoops you have to jump through to redeem an UltraViolet digital copy code. A search for others that might be outraged brought me to this topic.

I used the link Dwayne provided (thank you, Dwayne!) to express my extreme displeasure about the fact that UltraViolet is actually just "digital streaming" and not true "digital copies". (At least for now. At my UltraViolet page, all three of my movies show that I will be able to "Download a copy" on December 20. I certainly hope that means I'll be able to download it and put it in iTunes for syncing to my iDevices and NOT require that I watch it through the Flixster App.) It will be interesting to see if Flixster/UltraViolet responds with iTunes-compatible digital copy codes for my three movies.

In the meantime, I will be contacting Warner Bros. CEO Barry Meyer's office on Monday to complain about the whole UltraViolet mess. I paid good money for my Blu-ray discs and Warner Bros. advertised Digital Copies with all of them, NOT digital streaming!

P.S. I am getting sick and tired of creating brand new user IDs and passwords for each new company's different way of reinventing the wheel! I just want to watch the damn digital copy that I paid for without a gigantic hassle!

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 5:04:05 PM PST
Joe Nirruc says:
Dwayne,
Thanks for the link! I got an iTunes copy within 10 minutes. I am definitely happy now. Hopefully, this flixster project dies a swift death. The program was just so awful and slow. I think they missed the message from Steve Jobs, on Flash/Air is dead stop using it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  May 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers