Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Your Game of Thrones Blu-Ray is now a collector's item!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2012 6:10:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 6:10:45 PM PDT
JMM says:
For those who haven't heard, in the final episode of the first season it appears as though HBO used a prop head of George W. Bush and put it on a spike.

Now, they have announced that DVD shipments have been stopped so that the head can be edited out of the background. Those of us who purchased the blu-ray now have a cool collector's item on our hands! Not that it's rare or anything, because I'm sure they've sold millions of these already. But it's still pretty awesome because the "uncut" version will soon be off the market forever.

Official Statement from HBO:

"We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste. We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this careless mistake. We condemn it in the strongest possible terms and have halted all future shipments of the DVDs, removed it from our digital platforms and will edit the scene for all future airings on any distribution domestic or international."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:16:02 PM PDT
M. Stifler says:
I really don't see why this is such a big deal. It looks like him yes, but it's not actually a copy of him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:41:30 PM PDT
JMM says:
I agree with you. The media is over-reacting once again, people need to lighten up and not be offended by every little thing. I was actually very surprised that HBO is taking this so seriously.

You can't even stream Episode 10 on Amazon: Fire and Blood

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:07:58 AM PDT
Kerry.b says:
now this is strange,HBO released the copies on blu ray and dvd worldwide and not knowing that there was a prop head of George w.bush head on a spike in the episode,now the people at HBO must be kicking themselves on watching the process of making a box set on to the digital format Blu ray and DVD,and what about the commentaries on that episode does the cast and crew spotted the ex president's head on the spike..hahahaha

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:03:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 7:05:34 PM PDT
Gin says:
If they edit in obama... is it a hate/race crime?

edit: having now seen the head... I have to wonder why they even said anything. No typical viewer would have said wow... That is obviously george bush's head.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 7:33:46 PM PDT
Dee Zee says:
HBO already changed Episode 10 Season1 on the HD on demand channel.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions