Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Theists, here's how to prove that your god exist

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 164 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2013, 3:55:37 PM PDT
SerbianWolf says:
Since all of your theists DEMAND that only your god is the right one, here's how to prove that.

How about all of you pray tomorrow night to hit a jackpot in your country's main lottery? For USA, that would be Powerball, right?

So, if your god exist and listens, he/she will reward it's flock with that.

In one go, a reward for its faithful and an obvious, undeniable proof that your god exist.

The good part? Since it is so many of you theists, you won't be getting millions so your god will reward your dedication with a modest, but I presume still much appreciated sum.

The best part? That will turn all other religions and atheists into believers! Just think about it - in one go you will start a Golden Age! No more religious intolerance, no more wars etc. One nation under one god, eh? Well, or more gods, if it turns out that Hindu are right... :)

Basically, at least one of you should be "saintly" enough for god to hear your prayer and reward you all.

How does that sound?

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 5:04:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013, 7:21:08 PM PDT
Even better to show that any type of god exists. How about an overnight re-growth of limbs for all the amputees around the world. Better yet, a re-growth of all the amputees in the United States since the United States is blessed by this Christian god man.

How about this god etching something from the Bible on the side of a mountain in a matter of seconds with 200 ft letters. Let it make Mt Rushmore seem like child's play.

How about an announcement by this Christian god that could be heard all over the world at the same instant saying he/she or it exists. No that doesn't happen. We don't even get a grunt, sigh or even a burp to be picked up by our sophisticated military and NASA satellites. Nothing. Not even a single word.

This Christian god could silence all the atheists and non-Christians right away. This god man could have complete compliance within a matter of hours.

All Christians have is a bible book. A man made book that was written by humans telling everyone second hand that this god exists. A bible book where the original manuscripts of the Gospels do not exist. The Bible is based upon copies of copies of gospels that have been rewritten, edited, re copied, translated, re-edited, new material added, re-copied, material taken out and re-translated until you have a big mess of conflicting stories/myths/yarns. Myths and stories from the part of the world known as the Middle East which is one big mess in itself. We all know how this region of the world is in terms of superstition and is still living in the past. The joke is on Western Civilization for allowing this junk to infect our thinking.

So let us have some extraordinary event that can be verified, recorded, and observed to prove once and for all that Christian god man exists. I mean, burnt toast with an image of Jesus is man made. Water stains on a window screen of Jesus is man made. These "miracles" would not even be considered by a 4th rate magician as magic tricks at an old folks home.

We are going to in for a long wait I'm afraid and we'll have to continue listening to these Christians go on and on about how their god is the true god. It is the true god over the other 3,000+ other gods of the present and the past. Yeah right.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 5:09:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2015, 1:32:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 5:19:14 PM PDT
M. Galishoff says:
have you not read "7 Jesus said to him, "Again it is written, `You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. 2001 (Mt 4:7). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

Please do not do what Satan did to Jesus after he fasted 40 days in the wilderness.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 5:23:23 PM PDT
Isn't that just ever so convenient?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 5:27:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2015, 1:32:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 5:36:18 PM PDT
Owned By Kitties is Proud to be Catholic says:
Prove to us that He doesn't exist. You can't. And one day, you will be bowing before Him and acknowledging His existence and Sovereignty.

Kitty, you could be just like me. It turns out that I have choosen Bacchus (Dionysus) as my God. (I'm attracted to wine and ecstasy)

You cannot prove that my God Bacchus doesn't exist. You cannot even prove that your God is better than my God!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 6:34:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 3:49:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 6:34:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 3:49:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:07:08 PM PDT
Here For The Music says:
"How does that sound?"
Awfully stupid.
Equally so.

Sorry, but I find it awfully stupid that you find those comments awfully stupid.

You seem to be the person who blindly believes in some awfully stupid story of a God and all the nonsense further derived from it.
And, even worse, you think that the rest of society should graciously let you boast and herald your awfully stupid God without given even asking for some reasonable justification for it.

In this situation, I think the best approach is to ask: give proof, or forever shut up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:18:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 3:49:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:23:02 PM PDT
So? What makes you think you do?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:24:57 PM PDT
No one does. They can't even get a consistent definition.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:33:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013, 7:36:46 PM PDT
Owned writes "Prove to us that He doesn't exist. You can't. And one day, you will be bowing before Him and acknowledging His existence and Sovereignty."

The burden of proof is on the one making the extraordinary claim. Non-believers are not making any extraordinary claim. They are merely refusing to accept or believe the extraordinary claim that is being put forth. This is due to the complete lack of evidence and the evidence that does exist which runs absolutely contrary to the biblical account. The evidence that scientists in all fields of science from astronomy~biology~microbiology~cosmology~anthropology~paleontology~genetics~geology and zoology does not indicate or even hint at even in the least remote manner to a supernatural being and especially a highly specific Christian god. Nowhere in an astronomy or biology university textbook is "God" evoked. It is not needed and is not reflected in the evidence at all.

If you are going to make an extraordinary claim that a dragon exists (which is less extraordinary than a supernatural god claim) in your garage, well you better provide evidence that this dragon exists in your garage. It is not the responsibility of those who deny your dragon exists to provide evidence. You make the extraordinary claim. Back it up with some evidence that can be observed, tested and can be analyzed.

Otherwise your whole claim is merely concoction and a belief that is not based upon anything other than wishful thinking.

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence~ Dr. Carl Sagan.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 7:38:50 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:43:14 PM PDT
SerbianWolf says:
Ah, but this is NOT for the sake of money, this is for a good cause: establishing unity of all of human race, see?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:44:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013, 7:45:35 PM PDT
It is rather funny if atheists speak up, they are rabid and militant. If believers speak about their beliefs, then they are just spreading the word.

Double standard it appears.

What atheists speak about is reality. Not fantasy imaginary god man in the sky who is watching everyone.

Reality does not support the delusions of supernatural gods, dragons, fairies, monsters, goblins or unicorns.

Atheists deal in reality and what is rational, reasoned and logical.

The supernatural is not logical. Not reasoned and definitely not rational.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:44:52 PM PDT
SerbianWolf says:
That's the best you can do? I can't find a flaw in your offer so I will just call it stupid? What, you're 9 or something?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 7:57:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013, 7:57:55 PM PDT
SerbianWolf says:
But what if I fart? I have a nervous stomach, you know.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 8:02:09 PM PDT

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 8:06:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 3:49:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 8:08:39 PM PDT
Perhaps you could offer a non-absurd, meaningful conception...?

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 8:12:19 PM PDT
Yeah. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. All conceptions of "God" (which one out of the 3,000 + ) are absurd. Gods are human constructs that are culturally and geographically bound. Christians amongst themselves can't even decide what is what. If one is educated in the sciences, history and religion, one can immediately see for themselves that it is one big human concocted fairy tale.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 8:12:21 PM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
Elijah did something similar in the First Book of Kings.

His God won the contest, and then Elijah had all the losers (priests of Baal) killed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013, 8:15:16 PM PDT
I guess there are a lot of dim witted scientists around the world if one is to believe that pseudo philosophical remark.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1240 16 days ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Two 4689 8 minutes ago
The Father is a SINGLE God, therefore the Trinity is FALSE! 117 9 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVI 5730 1 hour ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 446 1 hour ago
Atonement 382 2 hours ago
If a man dies will he live again? Or, is physical death the end? 7927 5 hours ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christian-3 5068 5 hours ago
Moment of Brokenness Part 3 522 6 hours ago
Suggestion: Let the next OSAS preaching thread die. 3194 6 hours ago
The End Times Countdown 436 11 hours ago
How is one saved, if Jesus is not the original Greek or Aramaic pronunciation? 10 13 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers