The arguments against Mary's sinlessness:
1) Romans 3:23 -- doesn't apply to Mary
2) Infinite Regress of Sinless Grannies -- patently silly.
3) "It's not in the Bible" -- doesn't have to be, although God's holiness, sinners' inability to withstand God's glory, and OT Marian typology, all of which are in Scripture, point to it.
4) "Only Catholics believe it." -- That's an argument?
5) "Catholics didn't believe it until 1854." -- History proves otherwise.
6) Luke 1:47 -- God saved Mary from sin by keeping sin from entering her when she was conceived. Mary then continued, eventually saying, "(F)or he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).
7) Luke 2:22-24: Mary and Joseph offered two turtledoves because a woman who'd had a baby was RITUALLY UNCLEAN. Having a baby is NOT a sin (aborting one is).
Did I leave anything out?
Recent discussions in the Christianity forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|1266||Jul 21, 2017|
|Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXIX||5321||7 hours ago|
|My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth||3231||7 hours ago|
|Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three||7272||7 hours ago|
|Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three||9912||7 hours ago|
|One Book One Authority by Dr.Douglas D. Stauffer||593||7 hours ago|
|Part 3- the somewhat newer thread||3100||8 hours ago|
|I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians.||9208||8 hours ago|
|Dancing While Stannding Still by Richard Rohr||7||1 day ago|
|Lectio Divina...for the building up of God's Kingdom - Part 2||435||1 day ago|
|Are the Father and Son both YHWH?||998||1 day ago|
|More discussions on Mormonism||1327||1 day ago|