Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

"Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rest"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012, 8:26:58 AM PST
Sir Pugsly says:
"...to those on whom His favor rest." NIV Luke
Now there is something we can learn from here. I read many anxious posts here on this forum. Anxiety is clear sign that the Holy Spirit is not comfortably at rest in the heart of the believer. God's prescence in the soul echos with joy...peace....patience....steadfast courage....etc.........but NOT worry or anxiety.....Even if that worry is for the "drowning sinners" all around, we are told "let not your heart be troubled."
And also, "Let the peace of God reign in your hearts".
Christmas should be a time for personal peace with God and with each other. It's sad to see a frantic, multi-paged rant from a Christian "in-the-know". Chill out people and cheer up...Jesus the Christ is born this day!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012, 9:10:06 AM PST
MLC says:
Amen, E. Boyd. Amen!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 9:12:28 AM PST
nonsense

christ was born in the spring not the winter

xmas is a pagan winter holiday some pope stole from them and erroneously declared to be jesus birthday to help reinforce the pagan practices the rcc was instituting to help convert the heathens

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 9:24:21 AM PST
and who are those people exactly ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 9:25:01 AM PST
and, Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great Godn and Saviour and His Church built on Peter the rock

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 10:29:44 AM PST
mrs exp says:
E Boyd,
This is the day that the Lord has made, Let us be glad and rejoice in it.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 4:33:03 PM PST
Sir Pugsly says:
andthehorse,,,says...Jesus was born in the Spring
Boyd....the reason John the Baptist feast day is at Summer solstice June 25 or so...while...Jesus birth is celebrated at Winter solstice...Dec. 25........is because the Sunlight increases each day after Christ's birth...while...John's Feast day sees decreasing daylight hours........All of it based on the famous testimony of John the Baptist: "He must increase while I must decrease"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 4:41:08 PM PST
Sir Pugsly says:
"and who are those people"........Well....horse....I was one of the most anxious and worried Christians I can think of. I even wrote a 250 page book on the collapse of Western civilization...to warn Christians before we ruined America. Now, I see that it was wrong for me to worry so much. God, raises up people well in advance of trouble, or as ruin hits...to tell His people why it occurred....but there is no need to stress. I lean that load on the Lord...and trust God to see us through.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012, 4:53:56 PM PST
the west is in the process of collapsing

50-150 years the usa will be gone

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 8:15:31 AM PST
Sir Pugsly says:
horse..."50-150" years
Boyd.....If Leftism is now fully in control in US government...(the way it is in places like CA or NY city or Chicago)........then I would go with 15-50 years for the structural collapse and 50-150 for the name to disappear.
The world will become---is becoming---quite unstable as the "world police" (US) smoke the metaphorical doobie of Leftist pacifism, political and personal narcisism (sp?) leading to voting ourselves goodies on expired credit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012, 4:33:58 AM PST
Pagans did not create the seasons. Creation should be used to honor our Creator - not to superstitiously believe the pagans had them first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012, 5:46:41 AM PST
Sir Pugsly says:
Faith....Boyd says it is not "superstitious" to recognize that the Church chose the Winter solstice to honor how "the Light came into the world"...and, at the same time, flipped some pagan traditions for Christian usage. There is nothing wrong with converting pagans or pagan practices for Christ Jesus our Lord. The same "flip" occurred when Christians began celebrating Easter in the Spring.

What is seriously wrong, however, is for modern day athiests or pagans to claim Christmas and Easter celebrations are ideological continuations of paganism...after Christians converted some practices for our own use.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012, 5:54:14 AM PST
RKG says:
for one: those who constantly harp about the end of the earth/Christ returning soon/signs of the times.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012, 5:56:52 AM PST
RKG says:
based on this, the Holy Spirit has done nothing for you.

leftism and rightism are the death knell of any society. any ism is the death knell of any society.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1266 26 days ago
More discussions on Mormonism 641 1 hour ago
How incredible was the growth of Christianity? 90 2 hours ago
My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth 1943 2 hours ago
Facts about the Bible and Christianity 2832 3 hours ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 5961 3 hours ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVIII 4922 4 hours ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 2396 4 hours ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 8457 5 hours ago
Jesus' true Church today would have CURRENT REVELATION FROM GOD! - 2 284 5 hours ago
Problems with Anti-Catholicism: Who is the REAL "666"? 2687 6 hours ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 8677 7 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.