Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Five

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:22:52 AM PST
OSAS says:
No he didn't. That is a misinterpretation of Scripture. He came in the "spirit and power" of Elijah. They both were filled with the same Holy Spirit.

No one was Elijah but Elijah! "Look I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord [the Tribulation] arrives. His preaching will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Otherwise I will come and strike the land with a curse." Mal 4:5

The mention of Elijah was to announce the Messiah's arrival.

Elijah is a utmost example of a prophet of God who preached repentance with messages that were authenticated by signs and wonders. (Luke 1:17; James 5:17-18)

As Elijah came before Elisha whose ministry was one of judgment and redemption, so Elijah will be sent to prepare God's people for the Lord's second coming. John the Baptist ministered "in the spirit and power of Elijah, preparing the world for the Lords first coming. Both John and Elijah were filled with The Holy Spirit who gave them the power to minister using signs and wonders. The New Testament identifies John the Baptist as a prophet who prepared the way for Jesus the Messiah. (Matthew 11:11-15; Luke 1:17) In this respect He came in the power and spirit of Elijah, but He was not Elijah.

"See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to His temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire will come, says the Lord Almighty." Mal 3:1

This prophecy is fulfilled in John the Baptist, who came ahead of Jesus preparing the way for the Messiah.

Additionally, most likely Elijah will be one of the two witnesses God sends during the first half of the seven year Tribulation period to preach reconciliation to God, so that souls can believe and be spared God's eternal wrath and judgment and to tell of the Lord's soon return.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:23:09 AM PST
OSAS says:
Jesus is living!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:23:31 AM PST
OSAS says:
Amen!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:39:35 AM PST
BKN says:
You have bought a huge lie...and it will be your undoing, ultimately.

Isaiah 5
20 "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
And clever in their own sight!

22 Woe to those who are heroes in drinking wine
And valiant men in mixing strong drink,

23 Who justify the wicked for a bribe,
And take away the rights of the ones who are in the right!

24 Therefore, as a tongue of fire consumes stubble
And dry grass collapses into the flame,
So their root will become like rot and their blossom blow away as dust;
For they have rejected the law of the Lord of hosts
And despised the word of the Holy One of Israel."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:46:10 AM PST
OSAS says:
Sadly I agree. I like Sahan and I hate that he is wasting his life chasing after a false messiah spewing false and eternally deadly doctrine. If He had that much enthusiasm for Christ he would be a great soul winner.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:57:55 AM PST
Truth says:
Everytime you say something proves more and more you do not KNOW HIM.

You must be born again, all you have is the flesh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:59:04 AM PST
Truth says:
You are a bad tree, you cannot give good fruit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:00:18 PM PST
BKN says:
The men who put down the things God told them to, no matter how some things "may" be oddly interpreted, is something that not only the MEN took seriously, but GOD commanded it, breathed His Words into those men...and we have them written.

And like any interpreter, the Spirit of God interprets to our hearts what HE desires us to know. It is NEVER left up to us, but according to His command and direction.

And every warning He has given is set...every word He commanded about the future...is set...and all the power is in HIS hands, and His WORD will NOT return to Him...void.

It will have effect...in either way...in our walk with Him, or His casting off those who reject HIM.

Satan believes he can return to Heaven, and so do those who follow him...but both are wrong!!! It all will only be as God has spoken it...and His Word IS. What He says is reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:02:24 PM PST
Marilyn 777 says:
To T.D. Mills, B. Nixon and all others speaking the truth and spreading the Good News Gospel throughout the World:

You are truly shining a light into this world that is becoming increasingly darker and darker every day. You are certainly making a difference in the world in which we are living.

Amen and Amen

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:08:43 PM PST
Marilyn 777 says:
Amen!!!! A personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is the key to actually "knowing" Him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:10:00 PM PST
BKN says:
Hello, Marilyn...
My words also, about that darkness. I think many think the "moon" is the light, but without the sun...that dead planet has nothing. All the books, even the Bible without the Lord's Spirit interpreting, is simply reflected light...

John 8:12 "Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:10:53 PM PST
OSAS says:
You have spoken the absolute truth. God has spoken and what He has said will come to pass exactly as it has been recorded. It always intrigues me that people believe they can reject the parts of God's Word that they don't like, or even reject it all and because they have rejected, it somehow it will change the outcome, or it will no longer apply to them, very foolish on their part. What is written IS reality, it cannot be changed and it will come to pass in the very near future.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:13:49 PM PST
Marilyn 777 says:
Hello, B
Yes and without the (Son) the earth is dead. So, we need the (Sun) and (Son) to thrive :)

Jesus is the Light of the World and the Prince of Peace.
Amen

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:14:43 PM PST
OSAS says:
Thank you so much Marilyn and welcome to our discussion. It is my goal to bring glory to the name of God in all that I do and say everyday, I am glad to hear that our words are a blessing to you. Tonya

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:15:34 PM PST
OSAS says:
Yes it is AMEN!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:16:11 PM PST
OSAS says:
Amen BN.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:16:44 PM PST
OSAS says:
So very true!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 12:22:35 PM PST
OSAS says:
God's Glory at the Fall

"God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken." (Genesis 3:23)

What did God do at the Fall? The answer may surprise you.

First, God rested. After God completed His work of creating the universe, He ceased from creating (Genesis 2:2-3). This rest continued throughout all of history, right up to this very day (Hebrews 4:3). Thus, when mankind fell into sin, God didn't start His creation work over, as if there was a flaw in His original purposes and designs. Rather, He knew the Fall would happen and responded by continuing His cessation from creating, fully knowledgeable of what was transpiring and fully in control.

Second, God exercised perfect justice. The punishments at the Fall perfectly fit the crimes committed. For example, the serpent sinned by exalting himself above his created place, and God punished him by bringing him lower than all animals (Genesis 3:14). The serpent tried to destroy mankind; God ordained the serpent's destruction by the hand of his intended victim (Genesis 3:15). Eve exalted herself above her created place; God punished her by frustrating her exalted role in helping Adam rule (Genesis 3:16). Adam exalted himself above God; God desecrated his office with a curse on the earth that Adam was created to rule (Genesis 3:17-19).

Only God did not receive the justice due Him. Why were these three acts of cosmic dishonor to His glorious character not greeted with swift retribution?

It's because God also exercised mercy. In judging the serpent, God was ordaining the vehicle of the gospel--the "seed" (Genesis 3:15), which is Christ. God did not deny Himself justice; rather, He postponed His wrath (Romans 3:23-26) and poured it out on Christ for those who believe in Him. What God but ours could rule so perfectly through man's sin? [NTJ www.icr.org]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:23:18 PM PST
Truth says:
Isa. 60:1 19-20

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:23:35 PM PST
Marilyn 777 says:
Hi, Tonya and thanks for your welcome.

I'm still learning my way around these forums. I've followed the Christianity, Judaism and other forums for a few months now. All are very interesting. Your words have been a tremendous blessing to us (all).....some may not think so however, based on a few comments I've read.

Keep up the good fight of faith in glorifying our Lord and Savior. Your reward will be waiting for you in heaven.

May God continue to Bless you and your family.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:37:59 PM PST
OSAS says:
Thank you Marilyn. I hope you stick around we need strong born again believers on these discussions who are steadfast on God's Word. Blessings sister.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:41:40 PM PST
BKN says:
Ecclesiastes 3
16 "Furthermore, I have seen under the sun that in the place of justice there is wickedness and in the place of righteousness there is wickedness.

17 I said to myself, "God will judge both the righteous man and the wicked man," for a time for every matter and for every deed is there."

BN: For which I am very thankful. He sees into every human heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:46:06 PM PST
Marilyn 777 says:
Thank you and I plan to stick around for a very long time to continue to hear and speak the Good News Gospel that's being spread around these forums. We must not be ashamed of being born again and afraid to talk to others even those who do not share our beliefs. Jesus hung out with unbelievers, sinners, cheaters and all sorts of folks. We won't be able to spread the good news if we continue to live in a bubble and afraid to speak to the stranger in Jesus name.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:46:53 PM PST
Truth says:
Beautiful, and so true.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:48:44 PM PST
OSAS says:
Amen, so true!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1240 16 days ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Two 4689 8 minutes ago
The Father is a SINGLE God, therefore the Trinity is FALSE! 117 9 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVI 5730 1 hour ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 446 1 hour ago
Atonement 382 2 hours ago
If a man dies will he live again? Or, is physical death the end? 7927 5 hours ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christian-3 5068 5 hours ago
Moment of Brokenness Part 3 522 6 hours ago
Suggestion: Let the next OSAS preaching thread die. 3194 6 hours ago
The End Times Countdown 436 11 hours ago
How is one saved, if Jesus is not the original Greek or Aramaic pronunciation? 10 13 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers