Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Is the US - "The Whore Of Babylon"/"Mystery Babylon" - receiving its Judgment?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 61 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013, 10:37:02 AM PST
Scott says:
The notion that the USA is the Whore or Woman of Revelation 17 is quite silly. The USA is not once mentioned in the Bible much to the dismay of those who try to force it. It is quite clear by the text that the Woman is a religion based on Babylonian mysticism involving the worship of devils and the practice of witchcraft, sorcery, etc.

The dirty little secret in the Middle East today is the unreported rise of occultic religions. Tarot card, palm readers, and Satanists are running rampant throughout Egypt, Lybia, Tunisia especially after the downfall of these governments in the last few years. Even the Imams of Iran are worried about Satan followers in their own country while having to use significant resources to chase these people down. When you have millions of people in these hard line islamist countries looking for something else to fulfill their lives, they tend to turn to anywhere or anyone they can for an alternative to Shariah law.

It appears that this will indeed set the stage for the rise of the anti-Christ from Syria.

So the USA is not the Whore of Revelation 17.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 7:01:43 AM PST
Kevin Bold says:
And who warned me? Chicken Little?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 6:54:23 AM PST
RKG says:
so are we using guns to execute judgement? awwwwwwwww man!!!!!!!! thought we were going to use stones.

so what am i supposed to do with all the stones i have gathered?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 6:50:04 AM PST
B. Banks says:
Brad Watson,

Why do you think that I was talking about you when I said: It's time for us to give GOD the power and the glory and stop huffing and puffing?

The Bible implies that Babylon will be both [a way of life and a physical location]. IMO, and based on scripture, one day there will be a [one world government rule]; I also believer that there will be a headquarters. It will be the work of the antichrist and his leader satan, himself. People will be caught off guard because they can't see the forrest for the trees. Believe in GOD rather than man!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 5:24:49 AM PST
B. Banks,

Wrong. The Whore of Babylon/"Mystery Babylon" is the United States. This is not to say that there isn't evil taking place everywhere, of course that's true. There is also GOD/GOOD happening in the US and outside the US which we must focus(64) on and expand.

WARNING! If you continue to judge me as "huffing and puffing", then GOD & His Christ will judge you.

Synchronism: 2/6/13 08:22 "The Top 10 Things that women judge men by..." - ABC GMA

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013, 5:19:32 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 5, 2013, 11:04:12 AM PST
B. Banks says:
If I had to guess; I think the new Babylon [location] might be Rome (in the future).
But...as of now, every nation are [goats pretending] to be sheep.
It's time for us to give GOD the power and the glory and stop huffing and puffing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013, 7:33:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2013, 8:04:21 AM PST
Kevin Bold says:
I was into the occult from 1980 to 2005, a follower of the teachings of Aleister Crowley, and a member of Ordo Templi Orientis (1988 to 2003; initiated to "Knight of the East and West"), as well as other organizations.

Your system, like your "logic," is totally bogus.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013, 7:30:20 AM PST
JJB,

Yes. The "judging of the Whore of Babylon" continues...

Saturday Feb. 2, 2013: Pres. Obama is shown for the first time firing a hunting rifle. 'Coincidentally' at the same time, former Navy SEAL and author of 'American Sharpshooter' is shot(47) dead at a Texas gun-range.

"He who lives by the gun, dies by the gun."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013, 7:26:43 AM PST
Spackled,

Your screen name is a 'great sin'. How can anyone take you seriously?

You are quite WRONG! Just the opposite is true. "The greatest sin of American Christianity is" NOT "attempting to exegete the Bible with today's newspaper". For 200+ years it's been said, "A pastor should give his sermon with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other". You've never heard that common quote?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013, 7:20:46 AM PST
Jettos,

For the record, do you believe in GOD? Karma? Jesus son of Joseph was the Christ and 'God incarnate'? The 2nd Coming of the Christ and him "judging everyone according(74) to their actions"? Reincarnation? Randomness or 'There Are No Coincidences'?

This is a test(64=T20+E5+S19+T20).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013, 7:15:16 AM PST
Kevin Boldly,

WRONG! 'Step 1' of gematria is simply counting the number of letters in a name/word/phrase and giving symbolic meaning to it, i.e. a(1), bi-(2), tri-(3), quad-(4), penta-(5), GOD(3): the Holy(4) Trinity(7). Liberty(7) Bell(4) & 7/4=July 4th. Shabbat(7)/Sabbath(7) on seventh(7) day. Hanukkah(8)/Chanukah(8) is an eight-day(8) festival(8) as is Passover(8), E PLURIBUS UNUM(13) represents the original 13 United States, Ronald(6) Wilson(6) Reagan(6) was the "666 1st Beast", George(6) Walker(6) Bush Jr.(6) was the "2nd Beast", United(6) States(6) Dollar(6) is the "666 mark of the Beast that everyone must have to buy or sell with," etc.

Kevin, is this your first time learning of Simple

Posted on Feb 1, 2013, 8:02:46 AM PST
RKG says:
can we kindly get on with the judging of the whore please.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013, 8:00:40 AM PST
Kevin Bold says:
BTW, you obviously don't know how gematria works.

The value of a word is the sum of the values of the letters, not the number of letters.

Capisce?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013, 2:15:46 AM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Who died and made you the Supreme World Bible Teacher?

Wake up, grow up, and stop posting nonsense.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013, 1:48:28 AM PST
Acts5v29 says:
I'm afraid you are wrong, Brad - Revelation has not yet begun [http://www.amazon.com/forum/christianity/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx77WQHU8YS50Z&cdThread=Tx2FKW271E6F6XM] , so the beasts of Revelation have not yet begun their cited activities, and Ronald Reagan is already dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013, 6:00:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013, 6:05:20 AM PST
Kevin,

That was very bold of you, yet WRONG! The United States is the "Whore of Babylon/Mystery Babylon". If we must pick a city: Ney York(7 letters) City(4) - at 74 degrees longitude - is catching a lot of the wrath of GOD(7_4), right?

You are absolutely correct re: 'Nero Caesar in Hebrew gematria = 666. Thanks for providing that. But you FAIL to recognize that the whole point(74) of the vision(s) given to John of Patmos sometime between(74) 70-95 AD is the return of the Christ, right? This was, of course, after Nero committed suicide in June 68 AD.

St. John the Divine (John the Apostle?) and his contemporaries practiced the ancient Mysteries which include sacred geometry/gematria and the transmigration of the soul/reincarnation. The vision(s) that John received were from the future when both the eternal soul of Jesus son of Joseph would appear in another incarnation (me) as well as the eternal soul of Caesar Nero returning in another incarnation (Ronald[6] Wilson[6] Reagan[6]) to do 'battle'.

You don't argue that today, Jews, Christians, and Muslims are awaiting the appearance of the Messiah(74=M13+E5+S19+S19+I9+A1+H8)? Everyone agrees that the United States is the world's lone superpower and the US Dollar is the world's main currency? You recognize that English(7,74) is the planit's primary language? And finally, do you recognize Simple(6,74) English(7,74) Gematria(8,74) and 'Step 1' of simply(6) counting the letters(7) of a word(4)/name(4)/phase and that number possessing symbolic meaning, i.e. a(1), bi-(2), tri-(3), quad-(4), penta-(5), GOD(3): the Holy(4) Trinity(7), Burning(7) Bush(4), Western(7) Wall(4), Vatican(7) City(4), Liberty(7) Bell(4) & 7/4=July 4th, E PLURIBUS UNUM(13) and the original 13 United States?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013, 4:36:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013, 4:38:48 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
You're kidding, right?

Source: David Currie, Rapture: The End-Times Error That Leaves the Bible Behind.

From Daniel (Currie, ch. 5):

The "Little Horn"

7:8: Nero "plucked up three horns by the roots" when he killed his stepfather, the emperor Claudius and became emperor himself, his mother Octavia, and his stepbrother Britannicus, who had been heir to the throne before Claudius married Octavia.

7:20: "Nero blasphemed against God by aggressively enforcing emperor worship. . . [the changing of the times and the law] was an attack on the very essence of biblical Judaism: the Law and the Prophets."

7:21: Nero persecuted Christians for three-and-a-half years (64AD-67AD)

7:25: Nero's war in Judea lasted three-and-a-half years (67AD--70AD).

7:26: Nero's "domination [was] taken away" in 68AD during the three-and-a-half year war in Judea.

Parallels between Babylon and Rome:

* Pagan empires

* Conquered Judah/Judea

* Emperor worship

* Believers thrown to lions

From Revelation:

By 70AD, the Roman Empire had had seven Caesars (Julius to Vespasian; even if Julius didn't call himself "imperator", later historians such as Flavius Josephus thought of him as one) and ten provinces, the "heads" and "horns" of the beast from the sea.

The Empire suffered a "mortal wound" with Nero's suicide; Vespasian's rule "healed" it.

Nero is the man whose "number" is six hundred sixty six

ðøåï ÷ñø ("Neron Qasar")*

nun = 50
resh = 200
waw = 6
nun = 50

qoph = 100
samekh = 60
resh = 200

Babylon is the city of Rome. Like Babylon, Rome was hostile to God's people.

"Nero's arrogance and blasphemy are well-known, but the next two emperors were no better. Jewish tradition states that after the Romans overran the Temple, Titus took a prostitute into the innermost chamber of the Temple, the holy of holies, spread out a scroll of the Torah. . ., and proceeded to engage in an act of fornication on the scroll. Such was the arrogant blasphemy of the Caesars who conquered Jerusalem and persecuted the Christians. They were beasts." -- Currie, pp. 291-292

* If you don't see Hebrew letters, go to the "View" menu, click "Encoding", then pick "More", and select Hebrew.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013, 4:33:51 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
No, because the U.S. isn't the "whore of Babylon".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013, 12:17:34 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2015, 8:15:44 AM PDT]

Posted on Jan 25, 2013, 1:02:49 PM PST
Brian Curtis says:
"Difficult chapters of the Bible" should be such an obvious and profound contradiction that any Christian would immediately admit that it couldn't have been written by an omnipotent deity.

The all-powerful being who can't manage to communicate clearly to his OWN CREATIONS, whose limitations he has FULL knowldge of and indeed is PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR... is obviously not all-powerful at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013, 12:54:30 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 25, 2013, 1:12:46 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013, 11:47:40 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013, 11:41:29 AM PST
Critic,

Yes, "Rev. Ch. 17 is one of the more difficult chapters of the Bible". The recurring use of the #7 in The Revelation is a code! It appears 58 times and that is highly significant.

There is no "final judgment of the Earth" and Jesus son of Joseph died sometime after his crucifixion on April 7, 30 AD at age 34 and maybe 50 years later?

Even John Lennon recognized, "The United States is the 'Roman Empire' and New York is Rome".

Ronald(6 letters) Wilson(6) Reagan(6) was the "666 1st Beast who was ruler of the world, his actions were the opposite of the Christ, he lied to all nations, and was wounded yet lived".

George Walker Bush Jr. was/is the "2nd Beast who had all the authority/power of the 1st Beast and made 'fire come down from the heavens' with the 'destruction of Babylon'".

United(6) States(6) Dollar(6) is the "666 mark of the Beast that everyone must use to buy or sell".

There is no literal 'rapture', I AM even surprised that you'd think it so. The word 'rapture' is found nowhere in the Bible and 1 Corinthians 4:17 is NOT to be taken literally. (4/17 is Jesus' real birthday.)

The 4th Jewish Temple should be built on Mt. Moriah without disturbing the Dome of the Rock. Cubits(74) should be used to reproduce the sacred designs(77) of King(4) Solomon(7)'s Temple.

"Real Christians"? Do you mean those that truly try their best to imitate the Christ(77)?

The prophecy of "when the gospel(74) is preached in every nation" has been fulfilled.

We agree that the United States is "Mystery Babylon" and is being judged in a just manner, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013, 11:28:56 AM PST
You appear to be the poster child for Stupids Not Anonymous
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1266 Jul 21, 2017
Facts about the Bible and Christianity 4129 7 hours ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXIX 6623 7 hours ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 3324 9 hours ago
More discussions on Mormonism 1374 9 hours ago
My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth 3317 9 hours ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 9945 10 hours ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 9223 16 hours ago
Are the Father and Son both YHWH? 1078 16 hours ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 7361 17 hours ago
Lectio Divina...for the building up of God's Kingdom - Part 2 448 20 hours ago
Work's salvation? 53 22 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.