Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc  Trolls Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Author Author Author  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 24, 2009 8:07:22 PM PST
R. Hopkins says:
Watch this video and pass it on. It is called Hollywood Unmasked 2. There is no doubt that the way is being prepared for the Antichrist. People are falling away from the God of the Bible as was prophesied. Our entertainers in their own words and by their own admission consort with demons. Please educate yourselves and God bless. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3507605002512543703#

Another video to check out is 'They Sold Their Souls for Rock n' Roll' which can be found on youtube. Same subject, different medium. Please check out and tell everyone you know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2009 7:33:26 PM PST
R.H.,

Thank you for encouraging me in the faith as I read (feasted) upon what you have shared.

I've just finished reading Joseph Prince's book "Destined to Reign". His book has been another stepping stone into God's grace and freedom from the law. His teaching on how the "law" binds us to sinful behavior through condemnation and how grace IS the power that sets us free makes this book worth its purchase price. This teaching of grace being the power to set free from sin continues to bear great fruit in my life and in the church I pastor with my husband.

I continue to pull up doctrinal weeds of law keeping as they become exposed to me via the Holy Spirit's revelation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2009 7:43:50 PM PST
Lucifer says:
Hey, Hoppy,
The way's not just being prepared. He arrived on June 6, 2006:

http://bobshakespeare.com/blog/2006/06/06/

Hollywood and Rock'n'roll are not the only industries now controled by the antichrist. He's also got a wrap on television, the news media, politics, banking, advertising, and domestic beer.

Yrs truly,
Lucifer

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 6:21:42 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Dawn,

Great to hear from you and wonderful to hear from another Grace-liver. I hope that didnt sound like something you buy at Kentucky Fried Chicken. I just got back to Korea where I teach a Bible study on Grace and I hope to be starting one in the Philippines when I go down there soon for business. All that to say I thank God for encouraging people like you.

Grace is the power to see that Christianity as designed by Christ is different. Christ says come to me and LOVE ONE ANOTHER where everyone else says come to me and do what I say. He died once and for all and if we dont allow that death, burial and ressurection to do its work in us then we cannot be under grace.

I was suffering and all but dead when Grace was introduced to me. But where the law makes dead, Grace makes life and makes it more abundantly. To me this is why there is so much talk about "die to self" and "new birth." Christ didnt come to remove the law if anything he increased it for those under the law. My question is why in the world would anyone want to be stuck under there. I think it comes from our Puritan origins in this country and that is killing so many dear souls who would love to have a relationship with Christ but they feel they cant because they arent as good as those in many of the churches.

Sorry just so rambling thoughts but I wanted to say thank you to you on your post and I hope we get to share more. I have a yahoo club where I share a lot also, its at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_creation_studies/

Bob

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 7:00:13 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
"Made Perfect FOREVER!"

Please read Heb. 7:11-28

Is there any difference in the way people could relate to an ALL HOLY GOD before Christ and after Christ?
This is as different as night and day!!
Look at the way this passage lays things out. This paints a very clear picture of the extreme difference made by the Son Of God! He took the former imperfect way to relate to God and made a perfect way to permanently be connected to God. It is very plain here that there is a "better covenant" through HIM! It is rather clear here that Christ changed things "HE sacrificed once and for all when he offered Himself (vs. 27)."
Be Holy as He is Holy will only happen when you follow the new covenant which is clearly laid out for you. He came to seek and to save that which was lost which was pretty much everybody!
What about today?
Which gets you closer to a person following them because you have to or out of a grateful heart?
Would you be closer to God by following HIM out of a grateful heart or out of the legalistic thunderbolts from the sky type of relationship?

Have a Graceful Day and feel free to join a Grace Full Yahoo club at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_creation_studies/

Bob

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 7:39:02 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Another danger of legalism.

Please read Titus 3:9-11.

Care to kill the harmony of a group of believers because I am pretty certain Satan does. Here in Titus
it shows the easiest way to do it. Start "foolish controversies and arguments about the law" and you will actually be doing the Devil a favor.
Love One Another isnt rocket science. Christ came to make a realtionship with God Almighty possible for even those with No formal education like most in His day and time. All we do by debating legal issues is kill the love God has put on our hearts.
Hey here is an idea since I love you because Christ enabled me to do so perhaps I could be flexible because I know that something offends you. Which is more important our LOVE for each other or me being right? Which has caused millions of people to be killed in the name of God- Love or law?

Just some thoughts for your day. Have a Grace-Filled Day!

Bob

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 7:45:29 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
What kind of pot are you?

Please have a GRACE-FULL day.

Please read Romans 9:16-33

There are many different types of pots. Many different types of
creations but what kind are you?

Are you the kind that stands up and says "GOD why am I this kind of
pot?" Or do you say "GOD thanks for making me this kind of pot now
bring on the flowers that are best for this pot!"
Keep in mind that JESUS went to perhaps the most legalistic people to
ever walk the face of the earth when HE went to the Jews. But
remember
that in order for prophecy to be fulfilled "HIS own had to reject
HIM".
Perhaps herein lies the story CHRIST was the "stumbling block" for
the religious leaders of HIS day. I believe the stumbling block today is
the grace of GOD. Its been around for a long time but not until the
GLBT movement was it so widely discussed and debated.
So many religious people shun those who are GLBT but I believe the reason for GLBT pots is to bring those who truly seek CHRIST back to grace and therefore true
righteousness. If we judge we automatically by judging make our righteousness based on law and not on grace.
Please take some time to meditate on vs. 23:
"and what if HE has done so in order to make known the riches of HIS
glory for the objects of HIS mercy, which HE has prepared beforehand
for glory"

I hope and pray that today you and I will be the pot GOD made us to
be without questioning HIM about how HE made us. GOD bless you all have
a great day!

Don't worry Be Grace-Full,

Bob

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 4:38:23 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
How many times do you have to be buried?

Please STOP being a Zombie!!
Please read Colossians 2:-23

Are you one of the religious undead? Or have you been buried with CHRIST almighty and raised to walk in NEWness of life? According to this passage because of CHRIST we have clearly been paid for with HIS sacrafice. Our "legal indebtedness" has been "canceled." If you are "IN CHRIST" you have "been brought to fullness." Now I dont know about you but full where I come from means nothing else can fit in it. That means you are now full with the same holiness that CHRIST had if you LOVE ONE ANOTHER! You have been circumcised not by human hands but by CHRIST! So the bottom line is "dont let anyone judge you." Keep in mind that there are weaker brothers and in love there are things I will not do around them. But at the end of the day shame and guilt come from Satan if I have accepted CHRIST!
Have you ever had to go and talk to a friend whom you did something wrong to? Isnt that awkward? Doesnt it cause trouble for your relationship?
CHRIST came to have a personal relationship with You!! You dont ever have to worry about going to this relationship feeling bad. He wants to constantly have contact with you and He knows that under the law of sin and death He couldnt. This is why there is Now a New Covenant.
So my only question is Why are you wanting to live the Old Covenant instead of the New Covenant?

Be Free and Graceful TODAY IN CHRIST and live the New Covenant!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:40:33 PM PST
R, except persisting in sin, (Matthew 5:30, Hebrews 10:26)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:41:29 PM PST
R, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God." (Romans 2:13, Matthew 19:17)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:43:47 PM PST
R< IF I keep the commandments and IF I love others and IF I confess all my sins and IF I remain in His Word and IF I forgive others as the word IF is used over 15 times by John in his first letter as faith alone does not cut it. (1 Corinthians 10:12, Matthew 7:21, James 2:24). Peace

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:45:12 PM PST
R, and YET, Jesus COMMANDS His Church to TEACH The LAW, (matthew 28:20, Ephesians 3:10)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:46:12 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Sin is lawlessness right? I am not under the law because I am under a new covenant. I see your point and it is one commonly stated but again that is the Old Covenant not the New Covenant freely available because of CHRIST.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:53:53 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
He commanded them to teach "everything He commanded us" and yes He taught that a man who thinks it in his heart has already done it. But He also taught that the "teachers of the law" were condemed. So how do we reconcile this? The law bring people to Christ because He is the only sacrafice for our sins. The "law was my tutor" but I am no longer under the law. That is why in the studies I write I encourage people to accept CHRIST the only recociliation with an All Holy God! If you still have sin in you only He can take care of that nothing else and no one else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:54:23 PM PST
R, Yes you are as are we all. (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2:13) for "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before GOD."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 4:56:45 PM PST
R, Christ NEVER taught that the tachers of the LAW were condemned, but ONLT those who did NOT practice what they taught and who claimed to SEE, as Christ exhorted them faithful to adhere to what was TAUGHT them by their teachers, (Matthew 23:1,2) but to NOT always do as they do. We are all under the LAW of God, (Matthew 19;17), but NO LONGER under the LAW of Moses

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:10:15 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Wow thats a whole lot of "ifs" isnt it.
I believe that we shall know His children by the love they have for one another and others. "If" I live my relationship based on "ifs" then I can not possibly hope to have a good relationship. Imagine if your best friend or your brother said, if you do this we can be friends.
In the sam way when talks about deeds and faith without deeds I see that as faith without love. I can only love as He has loved me. He is the author of Love and because of that He has placed His love into me. The reason I can love is because I am continually grateful each and every moment because of what He did for me on the cross.
John 9:14-17 My garment is all new through Him and my wineskins are no longer old because of Him. I appreciate what you are saying and if that is what creates a nonjudgemental, love for all those around you then that is great! But I know after being taken through the fire the only way that a Relationship with Christ works for me is through the Grace of God that He gave freely once and for all to be the propitiation of my sins.
Have I sinned absolutly I have and is the law good absolutly it is. Am I no longer a sinner absolutly I am not and is the law still applicable to me absolutly not. The law is applicable to those under the law which I am not but I love the law in that it brings people home to Christ. Did I sin when I was under the law? Yes I did but I am no longer under the law. Can I sin against my brother yes but that is why so much of the New Testament is spent talking about being free from sin and yet telling us how to relate to each other.

God Bless and have a Peaceful and Grace-Full New Year!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:16:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009 5:17:16 PM PST
f2c says:
Matthew,

I think it is because "doers" of the Law have Christ in them. They have been grafted into the life giving trunk. Fruit springs forth from the branch because the branch is nourished by the trunk. It is the trunk that produces the fruit. It is the trunk that is grounded and feeds the branches. A branch apart from this trunk can not produce good fruit. That is why those that do the law are justified. Because Christ lives within them.

We don't produce good fruit apart from this good trunk. Cain offered what he himself produced to God and it was unacceptable. That to me has always seemed like an example of why his offering was not accepted. Pride in what he had produced. Able offered the best of what God had produced and it was accepted.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:19:13 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Mat. 23:13-37
The reason He speaks to this is rather simple. No one can keep the law. It is and has been a stumbling block and hopefully we will stumble right into CHRIST. He is the only one who has the power to take us out of the law of sin and death.
If you are under any little bit of the law you under it ALL! (James 2:10)
Nothing has changed not one jot or title will be removed from the law! Ouch I cant keep it and Christ knew that and thats why He came. Tell me this brother if CHRIST didnt come to be the perfect sacrafice and cleanse us from All and make All things New then why did He come?

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:22:46 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
WOW I love the way you say that free2choose!
The law and observing it actually caused pride in me as well. I am a repented son of a preacher. Thank you for that! This gave me something else to thank GOD for today! Yes we cannot and never will be able to bear fruit apart from HIM! I love the nourish part I think that is my daily relationship with Him!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:31:49 PM PST
R, John said it, not me, as John uses the Word IF over 15 times refutin the fallacy of faith alone, as John and Jesus BOTH affirm that faith ALONE doesn't cut it, (Matthew 19:17, Matthew 7:21) as does Paul, (Hebrews 10:26), and Peter, 2 Peter 1:20,21) as "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God." (Romans 2:13, Matthew 19:17). Peace always in Jesus our Saviour and all thanks to His Most Precious Blood

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:34:07 PM PST
f2c says:
Bob,

It is Grace that saved me literally 15 years ago. A "Studies in Grace" from a man very dear to my heart who runs a prison ministry. I worked at a place that printed and assembled his materials, and I did the study because he asked me to. Not too long before that, maybe days, I had voiced that I did not believe in God. "Aliens were most likely", I believe is what I had said. Anyways God made Himself known, and I've never been the same since. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:34:12 PM PST
Free, IF we did God's will when we accept Him, then God would have no need to warn us all, believers included, that IF we did NOT do HIS will, (luke 12:47) and persisted in our sins, (Matthew 5:30, Hebrews 10:26), and did NOT show compassion, (matthew 18:34,35, John 5:29) thenh we too shall be delayed in entering the Heaven that He has purchased for us all by His Most Precious Blood. Peace

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:36:26 PM PST
R, Elizabeth kept the LAw, (luke 1:6)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 5:44:04 PM PST
f2c says:
Matthew,

God warns us believers because there are still consequences for our actions. We are still living in a fallen world and we are still limited in our wisdom.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1202 16 days ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVI 1866 4 minutes ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? 3291 8 minutes ago
Mary is NOT Sinless and is only a RCC Doctrine 8694 39 minutes ago
Was Christ's crucifixion a genuine sacrifice? 2147 48 minutes ago
Changing someone's worldview--Black Lives Matter 11 1 hour ago
Jesus of History vs. Christ of Faith 5215 3 hours ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the Twelfth 4660 3 hours ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 6379 4 hours ago
Transgender Individuals 8842 4 hours ago
If a man dies will he live again? Or, is physical death the end? 4591 5 hours ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christian-2 1265 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  159
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers