Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 7:08:39 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Elizabeth was under the Law and the Old Covenant. I am not but if you are just be aware you must keep the whole law.
Romans 3:21-31
I am not nullifying the law but Christ and the New Covenant replaced the law to those who are in Christ Jesus. The new law is simple, Love the Lord your God with all your mind heart and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself. How will they know we are Christians because we love one another.
The law sets you up as a judge; Grace sets you up as a lover!

Peace and Grace to you!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 7:12:59 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Gods will is simple and His yoke is easy. Be free!
Romans 10:3-4 Christ is the culmination of the law to those who believe. Or as one version put it He (Christ) is the end of the law for those who believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 7:57:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009, 7:58:54 PM PST
R, Elizabeth was Blameless because of her obedience to the LAW, (Luke 1:6) refuting the whole faith ALONE fallacy, just as God affirmed we must KEEP THE LAW of GOD in order to Enter into Eternal Life that He has purchased for us by His Most Precious Blood, (Matthew 19:17) and Paul affirms what Christ said, "IT is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God." (Romans 2:13, 1 Corinthians 10:12) Peace always in Jesus our Saviour and all thanks to His Most Precious Blood

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 8:02:06 PM PST
Free, Exactly and to those of who believe, but dod NOT dod HIS will, (Luke 12:36, Hebrews 10:26, Matthew 18:34,35), we shall after death be severely punished, PRIOR to our entering into the Heaven that Christ has purchased for us all by His Most Precious Blood, (1 Peter 1:18,19) UNLESS of course, we have already atoned for the Temporal punishment, (2 Samuel 12:14) due our sins while still on earth, (Daniel 4:27, 1 Peter 4:8, James 5:20) Peace

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 8:46:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009, 8:50:09 PM PST
f2c says:
Matthew,

I hope all is well with you and want to wish you a Happy New Year. :)

I think for the believer, the one adopted and grafted in, that discipline and pruning come in this life....the consequences of our actions. God loves us enough to want to protect our hearts. It is through love that we are in communion with Him. He pursues the heart. He wants it kept intact and sensitive to Him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 8:52:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009, 8:53:00 PM PST
FRee, Peace to you always and blessings in Christ our Saviour. Paul affirms that AFTER we die, we shall suffer loss, (1 Corinthians 3:15) if our works are lacking, PRIOR to entering into the Heaven that Jesus has purchased for us all by His Most Precious Blood, (1 Peter 1:18,19) as is it affirmed that after Jesus died, He went to preach to the Spirits in the PRISON sent there FOR their disobedience, (1 peter 3:19, Matthew 18:34,35) and who will eventually be released. Peace

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009, 9:04:14 PM PST
f2c says:
What specifically is the loss?

"15If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet (Z)so as through fire."

Posted on Dec 29, 2009, 11:52:27 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Hi All
I am sorry I have a family emergency and I have just gotten back. I have to deal with a medical situation and would greatly appreciate your prayers.
I hope that everyone will take the time to answer the questions below under the heading "Law and Grace Scripture Refrences." These questions and the scripture references under them have been very helpful to me. I am not here to debate laws as I feel that is not profitable. I am here simply to love and as long as we can agree on that nothing else matters. Anyway I have an injured family member but please take some time for the questions and the scripture.
Thank you and God bless you all!

"All things are lawful but not all things are profitable"
"the power of sin is the law"

LAW AND GRACE
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE LAW?

Romans 3:19,20- "... that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the law comes the knowledge of sin."

Romans 4:15- "....the law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.

Romans 5:13,20- "....until, the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. ...And the law came in that transgression might increase..."

Romans 7:5,7-9,13- "....sinful passions were aroused by the law,.... I would not have come to know sin except through the law; for I would not have known about coveting if the law had not said, "You shall not covet." ...apart from the law sin is dead... when the commandment came, sin became alive, ...that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful."

1 Corinthians 15:56- "...the power of sin is the law"

Galatians 3: 19,24- "Why the law then? It was added [to cause]* transgressions,...Therefore the law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

Hebrews 10:1,3- "For the law... only a shadow of the good things to come...in those sacrifices [of the law] there is a reminder of sins."

1 John 3:4- "...sin is lawlessness."

* Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich, Danker- page 877A

HOW IS THE LAW FULFILLED?

Matthew 7:12- "...whatever you want others to do for you, do so for them, for this is the law and the prophets."

Matthew 22:40- "On these two commandments depend the whole law and the prophets."

Luke 10:25-37- The story of the Good Samaritan.

Romans 8:3,4- " For what the law could not do....God did: sending His own Son...in order that the law might be fulfilled."

Romans 13: 8-10- "...he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this [list of commandments] is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' ...love therefore is the fulfillment of the law."

Galatians 5:14- "For the whole law is summed up in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Galatians 6:2- "Bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ."

James 2:8- "If you are fulfilling the royal law, according to scriptures, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Matthew 5:17- "I did not come to abolish [the law of the prophets], but to fulfill."

WHO IS NOT UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE LAW?

Romans 6:14- "...you are not under law, but under grace."

Romans 7: 4,6- "...you also were made to die to the law...we have been released from the law...so that we serve in newness of Spirit and not in oldness of the letter."

Romans 10:4- "For Christ is the end of the law."

Galatians 2:19- "For through the law I died to the law, that I might live to God."

Galatians 3:13- "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law."

Galatians 3:25- "...now that faith has come, we are no longer under the tutor [the law]."

Galatians 5:18- "... if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law."

Ephesians 2:14-15- "For He Himself [Christ]...broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing the enmity, which is the law."

Hebrews 7:18-19- "....there is a setting aside of a former commandment...there is a bringing of a better hope."

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE "UNDER GRACE"?

Romans 7:6- "...we serve in newness of the Spirit"

Romans 14:14- "I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself."

Romans 14:2,22- "One man has faith that he may eat all things,...Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves."

1 Corinthians 6:12- "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything."

1 Corinthians 10:13- "All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify."

Galatians 5:1, 13- "It was for freedom that Christ set us free...For you were called to freedom."

Hebrews 8:12, 13- "...And I will remember their sins no more. When He said, A new commandment, "He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear."

Hebrews 10:1,2,9,14,17- "The sacrifice of Christ makes perfect those who draw near, the perpetual sacrifices are ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, no longer have a consciousness of sins (1)."....He takes away the first [Law] in order to establish the second [Grace]. ...For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified... "And their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more."

John 3:6,9- "No one who abides in Him sins; no one who has seen Him or knows Him....No one who is born of God [does] sins, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

John 3:19-21,24- "We shall know by this that we are of the truth and shall [persuade] our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if your heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him,...And we know by this that He abides in us, by the spirit which He has given us."

John 5:18- "We know that no one who is born of God sins."

WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES DO WE HAVE "UNDER GRACE"?

Matthew 22:37, 39- "You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart, and with
all your soul, and with all your mind...You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (2)

Romans 14:19, 22- let us pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another...The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God."

Romans 15:2- "Let each of us please his neighbor for his [neighbors] good, to his [neighbors] edification."

1 Corinthians 8:9- "...take care lest this liberty of yours somehow become a stumbling block to the weak."

1 Corinthians 9:19, 22- "For though I am free from all [(3)], I have made myself a slave to all that I might win the more....I have become all things to all men , that I may by all means save some."

1 Corinthians 10:24,31- "Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor...whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Galatians 5:13,16- "...do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. ...walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh."

Hebrews 10:24,25- "...let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together,...encouraging one another."

1 John 3:22,23- "...keep His commandments and do the things pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another.

WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS OF THE LAW?

Galatians 2:16,21- "...man is not justified by the works of the law...by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. ...if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died needlessly."

Galatians 3:11,12,21- "...no one is justified by the law before God...the law is not faith,...if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law."

Hebrews 7:19- "...(for the law made nothing perfect)"

Hebrews 10:1- "For the law, ...can never...make perfect those who draw near."

1 Corinthians 15:56- "...the power of sin is the law."

WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUESNCES AND WARNINGS OF GOING BACK UNDER THE LAW?

Galatians 3:2,3,10- "...did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by having faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?...For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse."

Galatians 5:1-4- "... keep standing firm and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery...if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you....every man who receives circumcision,... is under obligation to keep the whole law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."

Philippians 3:8,9- "... I count all things to be loss...in order that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ."

Colossians 2:16-18,20-23- "let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to ...a Sabbath day- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ...why act as if you were living in the world, do not submit yourself to decrees, such as , "Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!" (which all refer to things destined to perish with the using) - in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence."

OTHER SUGGESTED SCRIPTURES
Romans 3:31; 7:1-4; Colossians 3:14; 1 Timothy 1:8-9; James 2:9-11

(1) This is a statement of the clear and definite inference in verses one and two.
(2) Refer to HOW IS THE LAW FULFILLED? references.
(3) The word "men" is placed here in the NASV but, at best, is only implied in the Greek.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 12:03:04 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
1 Cor. 3:15 is about work that is done for a reason other than out of Love which is exactly what I am saying. Only whats done in love will last that done out of pious legality will be burned up.
1 Pete. is also exactly what I am saying WE if in CHRIST have been delivered to HIM(GOD) without blemish not based on "the empty way of life handed down from our ancestors" the system from our ancestors could this be the law system of righteousness? If not tell me what system it is please.
1 Peter 3:19 also addresses CHRIST proclaiming Grace to those who had dies under the law and were prisoners to that old system.
Matt. 18:34-35 is all about forgiveness of our brothers which is a sure sign of LOVE not law. With LOVE you have to fogive with law you have a reason to hold a grudge.

Peace and Grace to you all. Romans 10

Bob

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 5:13:28 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
What causes a person to be less prideful between the two options below:
1) The law which I must keep and if I keep it better than another I must be a better Christian.
or
2) The unmerited Grace from God which is the only reason for me or you or anyone to be holy. Nothing but the blood of Christ can wash away your sins. "All things become new" so make it your goal to be NEW through CHRIST and be in the NEW covenant and not Under the old covenant which is the law.

Have a Grace-Full day!

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 5:59:12 AM PST
The Wheats says:
R: Thanks for putting so much time and energy into this thread! Grace really is the only way. Under the old law, there could never have been enough shedding of blood to cover the sins of all mankind - that's exactly why Jesus came to die! Praise God! I'm so glad I'm not bound by the old system, and that Jesus set me free. Legalism kills the heart, the grace of Jesus brings it to life...

www.untameableheart.com

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 7:05:56 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Thank You and Praise God! You are so right there could never have been enough blood shed for all the sins but Christ died once and for all! The great thing is that this makes me Soooo much more want to be with Him and have a relationship with Him than if I was always worried about the lightening bolts from above. Grace has made me whole and made me a part of an amazing relationship with God Almighty that I never could have had under the law!

Romans 10:4 Be blessed with Peace and Grace today and always!

Bob

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 7:08:49 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Hi all please come join me for more about Grace at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_creation_studies/

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 7:27:35 AM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Isnt it interesting that the only group Christ had "Seven Woes" for was the "Teachers of The Law." This also happens to be the group he warned us about because he knew that nothing steals peace, joy and grace like guilt shame and condemnation. Please read Mat. 23 and afterwards read Romans 10. After that just think about where you stand with Christ and do you want a relationship based on freedom that only He can give or based on fear for the lightening bolt when you make a mistake?
How many times does Christ have to die?

Peace and Grace to All! Its free!!!!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 2:17:02 PM PST
Concerning the issue of the many "if's" often quoted by those who make the promises of God conditional -- take a look at an Interlinear Bible and you will find most of these "if's" have been ADDED by the translators - they do not exist in the origianl text. Man made the promises conditional, not God.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 2:20:21 PM PST
Dear Matthew,

The "law" we are told to fulfill in the NT is the law of love. Jesus said He gave us a new commandment - to love one another. We are continually told in the NT to fulfill Christ's command and keep His commandment - which was a commandment of love. Through love for one another all 10 commandments of the OT will be fulfilled.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 2:22:55 PM PST
Quote: "Elizabeth kept the LAw, (luke 1:6)"

Elizabeth was still under the law of the OT - Christ had not yet died or been resurrected - the new covenant was not yet established in Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 5:33:12 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Amen!! Preach on Sista. Wouldnt the world be heavenly if we all followed this simple way of life! LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!!! It makes you want to shout it from the mountain tops.
I dont use many absolutes but here is one. All the worlds problems could be solved if we just LOVED ONE ANOTHER!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009, 5:35:26 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Absolutly that is exactly what I said and what a difference a covenant makes. We cannot judge because we are not under the law therefore we can focus on LOVE which I cant even do that without CHRIST!

Have a GRACE-FILLED New Year Sis!!

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 6:04:14 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Bulls and Goats or Jesus you get to choose for now.

Please read Heb. 10:1-18

Sacrafice and working to make yourself more pure- Is that your gig? I have to tell you after much effort, several war zones and two psych clinics- IT DOESNT WORK!
Please take a look at this passage and answer one enduring and everlasting question:
How will you be Holy? (vs. 10 if you are wise)

or how about this one:
How many times are you going to nail CHRIST on the cross? (vs. 18 if you want to live)

The sad truth is that the USA was settled by the Puritans as one of the main religious sects. Yes keep in mind that like most Americans I had that religious background as well and it killed me THANK GOD! Yes it killed me because at the moment that I died to self righteous legalistic puritanical crap; at the moment where a person introduced Gods Amazing Grace (and I mean more than the song) I became alive to CHRIST and to the LOVE that he wants to have freely flow through us but it cant happen as long as we are under the law because the law makes us judge jury and executioner.
In the words of Michael Jackson, "Im a lover not a fighter." So take a look at Heb. 10:1-18 and give the bulls and goats in your life a break!

Have a GRACE-FILLED New Year everyone!

Bob

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 6:16:00 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Come join my yahoo club about Grace and start the New Year off GRACE-FULL!

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 6:18:54 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Another Great GRACE-FULL resource:

www.untameableheart.com

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 6:47:33 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Whats in your blood?

Please read Heb. 9:1-28

Whats in the blood that covers your sins? Is it from "human hands?" Is it such that it must be repeatedly sprinkled out and repeatedly shed to make you reholy, resanctified and rereconciled?
Thank the LORD JESUS CHRIST there is another way. Thank GOD almighty that HE did something very few of us would do. HIS only begotten SON came to give you life and give it to you more abundantly with the power of HIS blood. It could only be given to you freely once and for all if it was bathed in the ONLY BLOOD that could wash it away once and for all. As it says says in vs. 15:
"For this reason CHRIST is the mediator of a New Covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance- now that HE has died as a ransom to set free from the sins committed under the first covenant."
Whats in my blood? The blood covering me didnt come as a sacrafice made by human hands and thank GOD for that as that would instill pride and envy which would keep me from loving which is all that matters now.

Please spend some time meditating on vs. 26 and "once and for all" be the freedman lover to all creatures GOD has created.

Have a GRACE-FILLED day!

Bob

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 7:06:44 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Still want to be justified under the law?

Please read James 2:8-13

Can you say Ouch I hope you can because vs. 10-11 make it plain that you have to keep the whole thing! To put this in a nutshell for ya it cant be done, no way no how by anyone. Even CHRIST worked on the Sabbath and indeed condoned it when the "teachers of the law" attacked Him for telling his followers to get grain.
So if you want the road to "The Way, The Truth and The life" if you want HIS yoke which "is easy" and HIS burden which "is light" follow vs. 12-13.
You dont have to be in pain any longer in your spiritual walk! Only Jesus says, "Come to me and love one another" every other world religion says come to me and do what I tell you.
Choose you this day whom you will serve be it man and law or CHRIST and "the law that gives freedom."

Have a Grace-Filled day!

Bob

Posted on Dec 30, 2009, 7:54:29 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Have a GRACE-FILLED Dat Yall!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1266 20 hours ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 4526 1 minute ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVII 9840 3 minutes ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 4332 6 minutes ago
elementary school teacher in Oklahoma has to panhandle for classroom supplies. 11 18 minutes ago
My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth 134 25 minutes ago
Jesus' true Church today would have CURRENT REVELATION FROM GOD! 9723 33 minutes ago
Agnosticism is fake religion 610 2 hours ago
Problems with Anti-Catholicism: Who is the REAL "666"? 2567 3 hours ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 8063 9 hours ago
Japanese First Lady avoided Trump by not speaking English 5 15 hours ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVIII 29 16 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  159
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers