Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Is there anywhere we can post that won't be attacked by atheists?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 415 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 10:43:57 AM PST
witchie+ says:
I think what the atheists are saying is that you, as a Christian, are not coming from a reasonable position. If you were more respectful and understanding of atheists, I think you would have far less problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 10:50:40 AM PST
witchie+ says:
King's: "you should be frightened into believing in God. He is and He is knocking and waiting for you to respond."

Therein lies some of your problem with atheists. When you project a terrorist-type religion, you are going to have trouble with atheists as well as Christians like me who do not agree with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 10:51:48 AM PST
King's Kid says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 21, 2012, 10:52:08 AM PST
A Customer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:01:47 AM PST
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:03:42 AM PST
You seem pretty angry.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012, 11:04:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012, 11:06:22 AM PST
I think some of the problem is that some Christians do not like to be challenged. Challenging a belief is not attacking. My experience on these forums is quite the opposite actually. When the topic can not be discussed in a rational and reasoned manner, some Christians know they can not provide a logical answer and therefore begin with the name calling.

Another problem is that some Christians and Christianity in general has had a free ride for many centuries of going unchallenged and unquestioned. It is an attitude of "How dare those non-believers or atheists challenge my faith and religious beliefs. They are attacking." When actually atheists are not attacking anyone personally at all. Atheists are trying to get people to question and challenge and not just accept because some authority figure has been telling them something is so since they were young.

Galileo had similar problems with the authority of the church when he challenged their dogma that the Earth is the center of the universe and or that the Sun revolves around the Earth. It was 1978 I believe that the Catholic Church finally admitted they were wrong in what they did to Galileo. A good 300 + years before they made such an admission. Churches, religions and some followers are slow to change. Change in perspective and thinking sometimes never happens and in most cases a lot of kicking and screaming prevails before any kind of change occurs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:12:21 AM PST
Amon says:
As far as I understand it, a person must "accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savoir", act as a Christian, and worship Jesus in "truth and spirit" to reap the benefits of a Christian. The offer expires when we expire from my understanding.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:17:01 AM PST
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:20:06 AM PST
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:23:51 AM PST
Amon says:
This is the point that I'm making. If a person can't, refuses, or is simply unwilling to do the things that I said; there would be no point in admitting you are wrong in your beliefs at death because they'll be hell bound either way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:26:59 AM PST
King's Kid says:
If you believe in Hell as a place of eternal torment, that would be problematic. I don't see it that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:29:09 AM PST
Amon says:
Wait...you don't believe that hell is a place of eternal torment?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:34:01 AM PST
King's Kid says:
No. Do you?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:34:47 AM PST
Amon says:
Um no...but I'm not a Christian and until a moment ago I thought you were.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:36:51 AM PST
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:37:17 AM PST
Bubba says:
Here ya go:

Big League Chew, 2.12-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 12)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:37:30 AM PST
Amon says:
But...you don't believe in Hell?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:40:51 AM PST
King's Kid says:
IMHO, hell is somewhere for Satan to spend eternity. NT says that believers have eternal life. Non-believers have eternal death.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 11:48:24 AM PST
Amon says:
So you believe, that for non-believers, we will just die. That's the end of it. Just oblivion? No eternal damnation or eternal suffering? Because if that's what you believe you're the only "Christian" I know who believe that. Ask the vast majority of Christians on this forum what they believe and they will tell you non-believers go to Hell. Not to mention that if you believe that non-believers don't go to hell than what's the problem with not sharing your belief?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 12:03:29 PM PST
King's Kid says:
I do believe that Christians spend eternity in Heaven. I do believe that non-believers cease to exist. According to Revelation; they are cast into the lake of fire along with death. They cease to exist. Satan, the Beast and the false prophet are fated to spend eternity in torment. No one else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 12:04:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012, 6:22:48 PM PST
Amon says:
So there's no real detriment of not believing...right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 12:14:58 PM PST
witchie+ says:
No, I am not projecting. Threatening people with "something" upon death is terrorism. As a Christian who does not believe in terrorism as well as what I consider idle threats, you are wondering why atheists respond negatively to your threats that you claim come from God.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 12:17:37 PM PST
witchie+ says:
You do have a problem, King. Sorry you are having so much trouble. I have very little problem with atheists because I respect their positions and don't threaten them with hellfire and damnation [i.e. terrorism].

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012, 12:19:20 PM PST
witchie+ says:
But, Amon, not all of us Christians approach Christianity from that limited perspective.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1256 28 days ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 3469 1 hour ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Two 9385 2 hours ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the ummm 13th 6154 2 hours ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVII 928 3 hours ago
Facts about the Bible and Christianity 1032 3 hours ago
Isn't it amazing that a son of God born from a virgin, who came to save the earth, was killed and resurrected can be found in religions that existed before Jesus was born? 7 3 hours ago
Jesus' true Church today would have CURRENT REVELATION FROM GOD! 6425 4 hours ago
Which ? 15 4 hours ago
The Father is a SINGLE God, therefore the Trinity is FALSE! 1640 5 hours ago
Why is there no Pro-Trinity threads? 276 5 hours ago
Trinity makes a mockery out of the One True God 355 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  415
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers