Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Interfaith Dialogue Part III

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:22:36 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Actually, this kitty acts more like a dog! He follows me around, comes when I call him and is very vocal!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:22:23 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
J. Rawlins says: Chocolate in that cookie? I'll take it!

Me: You deserve it. Most people get stumped by that question even though it has such an easy response.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:16:01 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
Cheri says: God doesn't lie and Jesus is the Messiah. This is my belief in faith from scripture.

Me: Your faith if it contradicts God's word is not faith in God. It is faith in yourself & your desire to believe something contrary to God. You have not addressed the issue itself which I pointed out that jesus by means of not being in a direct bilogical father to son connection to King David and King Solomon can therefore not be the Messiah. You probably will not be able to respond as this thread is filling up. But perhaps elsewhere you may try.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:10:00 PM PDT
JR Rawlins says:
Chocolate in that cookie? I'll take it!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:08:03 PM PDT
JR Rawlins says:
That stuff will kill ya!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:06:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012, 7:13:15 PM PDT
JR Rawlins says:
OOOH OOOH OOOH, I just remembered that I have a 1611 facsimile and I just found it! It has an 11 page letter 'from the translators to the reader'! It is in VERY small print. But since I'm watching the presidential debate, give me a chance to read it tomorrow morning and I'll post here whether it is in this preamble. OK?

OOPS, this thread is about to hit max. I'll find you on one of the other threads to let you know.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 7:04:47 PM PDT
yba says:
Niglhlt has arrived, and my carriage has turned into box-springs and a mattress. I will greet you all in the morning afresh.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:02:44 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
yba says: But where, Shmooz, is Jerusalem mentioned as "the place?"

Me: Scripture does not mention it. As I said, this was given in prophecy to King David.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:02:14 PM PDT
yba says:
:)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 7:00:54 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 3:18:07 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 7:00:45 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
yba says: Thank you, Shmooz, for putting up with this old man for the last couple of years

Me: It's been that long since I know you? Wow, how time flies...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:59:48 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
Lois says: Thank you! Makes sense! =)

Me: Welcs Cuz :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:59:26 PM PDT
Lois says:
^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:58:41 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
J. Rawlins says: Yep! 'Cause God created the chicken

Me: Correct. You win the prize... Here's a cookie for ya :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:58:13 PM PDT
yba says:
And they say MSG is a tenderizer! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:57:27 PM PDT
Big Shmooz says:
J. Rawlins says: But then the prosecutor, with his legalistic mindset, simply looking to prosecute fault anywhere he can find it, completely overlooked and failed to address Dr. Myles point:

Me: This is corrrect. Once his credibility was shattered I did not feel the need to refute his words. He already discredited them before I ever came on the scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:57:08 PM PDT
yba says:
And indeed, they appeared as such. :(
Nop matter where you live, you will always be loved. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:55:23 PM PDT
yba says:
It is not easy. My father was at his wits end when he was called in by my elementary school principal.
I had reacted rather strongly when another student, a friend of mine, brought a swastika armband to school and was taunting a young girl with it.
I had no idea at that age that there was anything called a "Jew" or who or what they were. I did, however, realize that what my friend was doing was wrong. As the teacher, in the room at the time, was doing nothing, I jumped on my friend and whaled on him, giving him two black-eyes and a bloody nose. Actually, it was quite a feat because he could have whooped me any day of the week.

My grandfather taught me well, where my father was unable. Grand-Da ta ught me to throw the first punch if there was a bully. I found it worked better than my gfather's advice,j Always walk away from a fight. My grandfather confirmed this with a caveat....but never run!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:53:04 PM PDT
Allan says:
Nothing quite like chomping on a bit of birdshot. Have ruined quite a few teeth that way.

(Hey, you should have seen the look on one of our youngster's faces when we told her one did not prepare game birds for the table until the maggots were dropping out of it.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:50:48 PM PDT
Allan says:
Thanks, JR. I've had big problems finding it on the Internet and it may not be in my copy since it is only a few decades old.

I did look it up a long time ago and my recollection is it did indeed say ''in accord with Christian doctrine''.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:50:03 PM PDT
JR Rawlins says:
Pure breeds are a little more delicate that mongrels and tend to get ill more often when their food is filled with fillers and colors, etc. Cheaper food can often translate into more expensive vet bills. Just sayin'.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:48:07 PM PDT
Allan says:
''My grand girls continually ask me questions. At times, too many, lol.''

I'll bet.

Be interesting to be a fly on the wall when that happens.

I was nearly kicked out of Sunday School because I asked too many questions and refused to accept ''authority'' as a suitable answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:45:08 PM PDT
Allan says:
''Yet He came as their king, but from within their hearts and changing them from within, it wasn't His time to be an earthly king at that time. They rejected Him, so Gentiles were able to come to God through Jesus.''

Grrrr!!!

What an opening for Big Shmooz. Hope he handles it skilfully.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:44:46 PM PDT
Lois says:
Scopes was a well planned out PR exercise! Great for the Dayton economy, but left Tennesseans looking like fools.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 6:42:42 PM PDT
Allan says:
yba says: Hey, Old Man, are you around for a while or are you just stopping in as a tease?

Allan: Was here long before the memsaab dragged you out of bed and revived you with your first cup of java.

Will remain only so long as the interest keeps me awake.

In passing, NLP is aimed at changing mindsets. Have had excellent results without ever knowing that the specific problem is. One strategy is the reframe, where the subject is enabled to see the issue from an entirely different angle. Takes only minutes at a session, and often once is enough.

A quick example is bullying. The victim sees this as a weakness in themselves, but when they come to accept that it is the bully who has the problem they can quickly learn to raise their tolerance level and come to cope easily. Don't know how my elder boy does it, but he is a past master. One year, when he was moving up a grade in primary school, the teachers expressed their concern. He is very artistic (a beautiful singing voice included) and the new class was dominated by macho types. Did not take long for him to have them all eating out of his hand. He won scholarships to two private schools and I made sure he went to one (two-year scholarship) where he would thrive rather than the other (four-year), where he would have really copped it. Had a major fight with the ex when money tightened up and she wanted to switch to take advantage of the extra two years. He stayed and it worked out well, dux of the school with a string of subject prizes.

Never forget the day my younger lad came up to me and said one of his sisters had said a rude word to him. In trepidation, I asked him what it was, and the answer was she had said he was stupid. Put-downs like that were banned in our home. Our biggest problem with our volunteer work is dealing with youngsters whose self-confidence had been severely damaged by authority figures, usually parents and/or teachers. Had two lads from separate schools tell me their deputy headmasters had told them they were retards. NLP works wonders in changing their feelings about themselves.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1266 Jul 21, 2017
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXIX 5230 7 hours ago
My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth 3222 10 hours ago
One Book One Authority by Dr.Douglas D. Stauffer 587 12 hours ago
Dancing While Stannding Still by Richard Rohr 7 12 hours ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 3071 13 hours ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 9201 14 hours ago
Lectio Divina...for the building up of God's Kingdom - Part 2 435 17 hours ago
Are the Father and Son both YHWH? 998 18 hours ago
More discussions on Mormonism 1327 19 hours ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 9908 23 hours ago
Facts about the Bible and Christianity 4058 23 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers