Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 8201-8225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012, 2:29:42 PM PDT
Karen, Not true, as Elizabeth was blameless before God in obedience to His commandments by her cooperating with His grace, as Jesus indeed affirms that the gate to Heaven is narrow, since faith alone does not justify one before God, (1 Corinthians 13:2, matthew 19:17, romans 6;16, matthew 6;14, ephesians 5;5,6, hebrews 10:26, galatians 5;19,20,21, hebrews 10:26, james 2:24). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012, 2:31:09 PM PDT
R, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Romans 2:13, Matthew 19:17, Romans 6:16, Matthew 7:21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012, 2:46:43 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Matthew,

Matthew 19:21?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012, 3:42:45 PM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
Matthew, it IS important to DO as the Lord has taught us to do. Christ Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Jesus ALSO said, "You must be born again."

If any man be in Christ, he is a NEW creation: the old things have passed away; behold, all things are new.

A man CANNOT walk with God in the flesh, only by the Spirit. Take the WHOLE context of Scripture, man. It is a TWO-edged Sword.

Posted on May 25, 2012, 5:55:13 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
What really made Jesus angry?

Were there times when Jesus was angry?

Does this seem to upset your idea of Love?

Please read John 7:21-24 and Matthew 21:12-13

Is it possible that what made Jesus angry and what really pissed Him off was non-love?

In the first scripture Jesus was angry yet again with "the teachers of the law." They were teaching that it is more important to teach and follow the law than it is to Love one another.

Does that sound familiar?

Could that be what dogma is all about?

Is it more important to be right than Love?

In the second scripture Jesus was angry at the ones who were trying to profit off the Temple. They were taking the Temple and instead of making it a place of prayer, love and meditation- they were making it into a profit pit focused on a common god of people today as well- money.

Does this sound familiar?

Could it be that many churches are about profit today?

When I look at what made Jesus angry I cant help but think in each situation and there are others but they all boil down to this one common denominator- the lack of love either by people who were focused on the law for righteousness or the lack of love by people who were focused on other gods like power and money.

What I havent seen Jesus angry at is a person who has done wrong even before the admitted it He still Loved them and wanted to be around them. Even the people that society said were "bad" people. These were the people Jesus saved from being stoned and saved from being treated badly. He Loved the unlovely and healed the hurting.

Do you think we should do the same?

Have a Grace-Full Day

Posted on May 25, 2012, 7:31:44 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Are you naked?

Are you spiritually naked?

Could it be that your spiritual clothes dont go together?

Please read Colossians 3:12-14

Vs. 12 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

Isnt it odd how many times words like "compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience" seem to pop up as traits that "God's chosen people?"

But how do we put those clothes on? How do we stop being spiritually naked?

Perhaps there is a formula of sorts that is in the end of these verses:

1) Bear with each other- See the pain of the other and understand

2) Forgive as the Lord forgave you- See the cross in the other as Jesus died for ALL!

3) And over all these put on Love- Be Godly for the other- "GOD IS LOVE"

Notice in this passage it didnt say- convert them, force them or anything like try to change them- why?

God puts people in our life to change us! He does the change in us and IF there is change that needs to happen in them He takes care of that- Not me or you.

Change has to come from a spiritual journey and the best way to help others along that path is to follow steps 1- 3 above!! God is Love not Law!!

Dont Worry- Be Grace-Full!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012, 8:25:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012, 8:26:23 PM PDT
Gr8, Indeed, take the whole Scriptures indeed, for as Jesus our Great God and Saviour affirms, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", ( luke 13:5, matthew 19:17, romans 2;13, ephesians 5;5,6, galatians 5:19,20,21, romans 2:8,9, hebrews 10:16, matthew 6:14, 2 peter 2:20,21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 12:20:18 AM PDT
Hello R. Helldirth. Peace of Christ.

You say>>>Santiago,

Its this:
13"But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth."

Well daddy it doesnt say anything about baptism now does it?

3"It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;"

Nor does this does it daddy?

How about this passage daddy?

16"They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified."

Can you guess who said this or where it is?

Jesus said, I am the Way, The Truth and The Life no one comes to the Father but through me.

I was sanctified by Jesus and Jesus alone! aka- Jesus Christ, aka- Alpha and Omega, aka- my Redeemer, aka- Thw Word <<

And the Holy Spirit a.k.a Father and a.k.a Son namely YHWH=Yahsuah=Jesus says:

Ex. 31:12 Then YHWH said to Moses:

13 Say to the Israelites: "YOU MUST OBSERVE 'MY
SABBATHS"..

"THIS WILL BE A SIGN" between Me and you for generations to come, SO MAY KNOW THAT I AM YHWH
WHO "SANCTIFIES YOU" = 1 Cor. 6:11

And this is what some of you were "Paul says" (Wicked, Sinful, Evil, Holy Oneness Rejecters, Holy Law and Holy Sabbath-Day Rejecters, Holy Name of JEsus for baptism "Rejecters") but you WERE "WASH-
ED"=Baptized in water; you WERE "SANCTIFED" Made Holy, you WERE "JUSTIFIED" Found "Righteous" in God's eyes, through His Holy "Righteousness" was inputed in us; In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ (not in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit, the seal of satan on his people), BY THE "SPIRIT OF OUR GOD" = 1 Cor. 12:13 "WE" (Spiritual Jews a.k.a Christians) were 'ALL' Baptized by "ONE SPIRIT" = John 4:24 God is Spirit = 2 Cor. 3:17 The Lord "IS THE SPIRIT"..the Lord is Jesus..

God Bless and have a:
Happy, Holy, Loving, Joyful, Peaceful, Wonderful Sabbath-Day...As I am having....Brother James

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 12:23:25 AM PDT
Hello Helldirth. Peace of Christ.

You say>>Santiago,

Could it have anything to do with the fact that you call people names, you arrogantly think you are the only person who has all the answers and you misquote the Bible?
Could it have anything to do with the fact that you are nonloving about everyone and everything except your dogma? Or perhaps it has to do with the fact that you misquote, misrepresent the Bible all while trying to enslave others?
Even Jesus had a point where He told the "teachers of the law" and the religious leaders that they were satanic and maybe this is the time for me to say that about you because just like Jesus I have a point where I wont coddle legalist who insist on putting people back in chains who He set FREE!
Any more questions satan?

The name is Hildreth by the way satan in case that is kind of like your Hebrews 14 or any of the other misquotes you use to enslave people! <<<

feeling the fire eh! eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh! eh!
it is waiting for you...no matter what...

God Bless and have a:
Happy, Holy, Loving, Joyful, Peaceful, Wonderful, Sabbath-Day......As I am having....Brother James..

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 12:29:03 AM PDT
Hello Karen. Peace of Christ.

You say>>Justified is not saved.<<<

It is for us The Spiritual Jews a.k.a Christians the people of Jesus who was the Christ..the Holy Spirit in human form...so!! What is it for you people of satan?!!

God Bless and have a:
Happy, Holy, Loving, Joyful, Peaceful, Wonderful, Sabbath-Day.....As I am having...Brother James

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 12:37:15 AM PDT
Hello Craig. Peace of Christ.

You say>>R. Hildreth says: "Where is Jesus?"

The bible says He is sitting at the right hand of the Father making intersession for us. ;-) But I know what you mean. Hows it going Bro?<<<

When John says "US or WE" he means the Spiritual Jews a.k.a Christians, who were Jews, Law Keeper, Oneness Believers, and Circumcised...not you..You belong to satan....otherwise...print the scripture that gentiles are the people of Jesus..

God Bless and have a:
Happy, Holy, Loving, Joyful, Peaceful, Wonderful, Sabbath-Day......As I am having....Brother James

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 2:13:21 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Matthew,

Matthew 19:21?

Posted on May 26, 2012, 2:28:15 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How to sleep well in prison!

Do you know what will happen to you today?

If I could tell you with 100% certainty what your future held could you rest?

Please read Acts 12:5-10

If we follow Grace and the idea that God is in complete control does it have an affect on our peace even if we break the law?

From what I can see it has a huge affect as long as we broke the law to share Love.

Which is more important the law or Love?

Ask Dietrich Bonheoffer that question. There are those who are perhaps best defined by the people who want to kill them and this man is one of them.

If you live in a way to put fact over faith will you ever have peace?

I hope you will take a moment to really meditate on the question above because it goes to the heart of a person who would have to be slapped upside the head to be rescued from what could have been his last night on earth.

Here was Peter who with all the reasonable facts staring him in the face that it was his last night on earth he still managed to need to be "struck" on the side of the head to be woke up.

What does that tell you about faith over fact?

He was chained between two guards and had sentries posted to make sure that the next day he would see one of the cruelest leaders of the day who wanted to make a show of executing him so his public approval ratings would increase.

Peter wasnt basing his life on the facts around him but instead in the faith that God had everything in control long before it got to this point.

Would he die the next day? God knew he didnt. The facts pointed one way but faith points toward Love always. And the great thing about pointing in that direction is that even though it might not seem like it at the time "LOVE NEVER FAILS"

Does that mean you will never be killed for loving?

It didnt work for Bonheoffer after all so therefore God must be fake right?

Have you ever considered that every single one of us is going to die but if we live for LOVE the message and the affects of that LOVE go on and on.

Has it ever occurred to you that there are many things worse than death like living in fear and depression for never being true to LOVE?

Dont worry Be Grace-Full

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 8:07:50 AM PDT
R. Hildreth, Yes, Jesus our Great God and Saviour affirms, that "IF we wish to be perfect, we must go and sell all we have and give it to the poor, and then come and follow Christ", and I agree with Jesus, and not those who claim they are perfect by mere faith alone! (Matthew 19:21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 1:48:37 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How does ego destroy the work of the Spirit?

Why ignore legalist?

Please read Luke 11:53-54

Vs. 53 "When Jesus went outside, the Pharisees and the teachers of the law began to oppose him fiercely and to besiege him with questions, waiting to catch him in something he might say."

When a person is unwilling to look inside and question if something that has been said might be true- not only would I ignore that person I would run the other way!

That is what happened in this passage where Jesus had just told the "teachers of the law" about the way they were misleading people and keeping them from true spirituality.

Why is this so very important?

A legalistic person has lost sight of Jesus and therefor lost sight of the Only thing that matters- LOVE!

They have done this by thinking that they had to "do" righteous instead of "Be" righteous. This attitude takes away the power of God, Love of God and the reason for the sacrifice of Christ by arrogantly assuming that we as humans can "do" something to make us more acceptable to God.

As a result the legalist has to prove everyone else wrong- not a spiritual journey! A spiritual journey will be open to examining thoughts and ideas of others even when criticized to see if they have lost sight of Love. Sure at first there might be some upset but through meditation and prayer a spiritual pilgrim comes back to Love as they know- God Is Love!

Find a time when you probably won't be disturbed and take a few deep breaths. With every exhale just relax a bit more and let God own your stress- He loves you and He loves to take your stress. When you feel a bit more relaxed, especially in the face, jaw and shoulder areas just return to breathing normally and:

Breathe in and say:

"God let me journey"

Breathe out and say:

"Away from me toward You"

Practice this way till you realize that a journey with God is all about growing in Love and that means constant change. You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you Free- Truth comes one non-egoistic step at a time.

Don't worry- Be Grace-Full!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012, 2:05:04 PM PDT
R. Hildreth, Beware the "faith alone" dog! As Jesus refutes that man madee fallacy, as does Paul, for we must repent, (Luke 13:5) and "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", (matthew 19:17, romans 2:13, ephesians 5;5,6, matthew 5;28, galatians 5;19,20,21, hebrews 10:26, romans 2:8,9). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on May 26, 2012, 8:44:16 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
BEWARE OF THE LAW DOG!!

Please read Philippians 3:1-9

Vs. 1 "Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. 2Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh- 4though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless. 7But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[9] Christ-the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."

Be careful of those people who are fleshy law dogs. Thats right
there are people who look like Christians and sound like Christians
but they want to make you a slave again. They want you to be under
the law again! I know I used to be one of them. These are people who
can brag about their righteousness because it comes from works.

Brothers and sisters I am not righteous in fact my best is filthy
rags. I am that little dirty smelly kid outside the circus tent who
cant get in on his own. But guess what CHRIST made another way in
fact the only way to true righteousness and its called grace!

Look at vs. 4-6. Hey if anyone had bragging rights it was Paul he
was "blameless" under the law in the system of the flesh. But if you
have accepted CHRIST you are part of the "circumcision that worships
in the SPIRIT OF GOD and boast in CHRIST JESUS and have no
confidence in the flesh."

Brothers and sisters where is your confidence today? Even Paul the
blameless knew that the flesh cannot now or ever produce true
righteousness. By now I hope some of you are humming a little tune
like "Dont worry... Be Graceful"

Remember your righteousness if you are in CHRIST is based on faith
which makes me eternally grateful to the ALMIGHTY GOD because
without this type of righteousness there is no way in Hell I would
deserve anything other than Hell.

Have a Grace-Full day!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012, 12:43:44 AM PDT
Hello R. Helldirth. Peace of Christ.

You say>>BEWARE OF THE LAW DOG!!

Please read Philippians 3:1-9

Vs. 1 "Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. 2Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh- 4though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless. 7But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[9] Christ-the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."

Be careful of those people who are fleshy law dogs. Thats right
there are people who look like Christians and sound like Christians
but they want to make you a slave again. They want you to be under
the law again! I know I used to be one of them. These are people who
can brag about their righteousness because it comes from works.

Brothers and sisters I am not righteous in fact my best is filthy
rags. I am that little dirty smelly kid outside the circus tent who
cant get in on his own. But guess what CHRIST made another way in
fact the only way to true righteousness and its called grace!

Look at vs. 4-6. Hey if anyone had bragging rights it was Paul he
was "blameless" under the law in the system of the flesh. But if you
have accepted CHRIST you are part of the "circumcision that worships
in the SPIRIT OF GOD and boast in CHRIST JESUS and have no
confidence in the flesh."

Brothers and sisters where is your confidence today? Even Paul the
blameless knew that the flesh cannot now or ever produce true
righteousness. By now I hope some of you are humming a little tune
like "Dont worry... Be Graceful"

Remember your righteousness if you are in CHRIST is based on faith
which makes me eternally grateful to the ALMIGHTY GOD because
without this type of righteousness there is no way in Hell I would
deserve anything other than Hell.

Have a Grace-Full day!<<

And The Law Giver says:

Prov. 29:18 "BLESSED" is he/she who Keeps My Law...

Isaiah 56:2 "BLESSED" is he/she who Keeps My
SABBATH"...

Rev. 19:9 Then the angel said to me: "Write":

BLESSED ARE THOSE "INVITED" TO THE WEDING OF THE LAMB...= Rev. 22:14

"BLESSED" are they that "OBEY" God's Command-
ments (His People=His Saints=Rev. 12:17 +14:12)
That they may have the "RIGHT" TO THE TREE OF LIFE
, AND "MAY ENTER" IN THROUGH THE GATES INTO THE CITY....I seem's as you are not invited?!!! No Lawless, men in the kingdom of God...

God Bless..........Brother James

Posted on May 27, 2012, 5:15:35 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How did Love kill the 800 pound gorilla?

Are you still hugging the gorilla?

How can you stop feeding the gorilla?

Please read John 15: 12-13

Vs. 12 "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

There is an inner gorilla inside you and I and it will wrestle your spirit to death! The gorilla I am talking about is the law and our expectations and desire to be seen as "good" around others.

Jesus set things up differently and changed business as usual between you and God and between the way we relate to each other. That's how Love killed the 800 pound gorilla but that doesn't mean it's easy to bury the gorilla.

The gorilla can and will rear his ugly head and try to get us guilted into doing as opposed to Loved into Being and that will continue especially as long as you feed the gorilla and hug the gorilla.

How do you hug the gorilla:

1) Set standards that judge the worthiness of others.

2) See others through those standards.

3) Allow those standards to influence how you treat others.

If you want to stop feeding your gorilla and live like Christ:

1) Lay down and forget about your dogma.

2) See others as equal to you in Gods eyes.

3) Live in the awareness that we are all connected.

Here is a meditation for you. Find a time and a place where you probably wont be disturbed and start taking several deep breaths. With every exhale see God taking your stress and just get a real feeling for being safe and protected and supported right where you sit. As you feel that safety and feel your breath:

Breathe in and say:
"God let me lay down my judgment"

Breathe out and say:
"And Love like You Love"

Do this until you can leave all judgment behind and Love like your life depends on it- cause it does!
Don't Worry- Be Grace-Full!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012, 11:25:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012, 7:39:46 PM PDT
R. Hildreth, Beware of the faith alone dog!!! Jesus and Paul and james and Peter and John all refute that man made fallacy!!! as Paul warns those who have faith in Jesus, that EVEN if one has ALL FAITH, BUT does not love others, it is useless, (1 Corinthians 13:2) and James affirms "It is by WORKS and NOT by faith ALONE That man is justified", (James 2:24) as Jesus our Great God and Saviour affirms of God's Eternal LAW, rich in Love, "If you wish to enter into Life, then KEEP the commandments", (Matthew 19:17) and Paul agrees, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Romans 2:13) as faith alone does not justify us before God, (Ephesians 5;5,6, Galatians 5:19,20,12, Matthew 5:28, Matthew 6:14, Romans 2:8,9, John 5:29, Hebrews 10:26, 2 Peter 2:20,21, Matthew 7:21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on May 27, 2012, 2:28:10 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Who?

Who is responsible?

Please read Ephesians 1:3-4

Vs. 3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."

If there is anything or anyone responsible for your spiritual blessings outside of Christ- you are NOT a complete new creation! If anyone to include yourself has any part in making you holy and blameless in His sight- you are NOT in Christ!

Why does God seek our praise? Doesn't He have a few million angels that are singing about it all the time?

YES, but when we Praise God we begin to understand the idea of Grace so Amazing that He really did "do" it All for us-

He made us blameless- we don't have a chance of "Being" blameless except for Him!

He made us holy- without Him this is a goal that is constantly out of reach!

Praising Him is a point we get to in the journey of a spiritual path when we realize just how utterly ridiculous our efforts are and we see how perfect everything is if we know that this moment is His no matter where we are or what is happening.

If you are a legalist, if you really think you have something to offer God- then you haven't found the God of Grace that Loves without end and wants a relationship with you!

I hope you will find a time and a place where you probably won't be disturbed and practice this meditation. Spend a couple of minutes just breathing deeply and relax, rest in the knowledge of His Love and Almighty presence. When you feel a bit more relaxed just get back to breathing normally and:

Breathe in and say:

"Praise God"

Breathe out and say:

"Alone"

Practice this way until you realize that there is NOTHING that you can possibly offer God! He has such an Amazing Free gift waiting for you with His Love- accept it!

Don't worry- begracefull.com!!

Posted on May 27, 2012, 4:26:48 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
The more you lean on your own understanding of effort the less reason you have to Praise God!
The more we open up to the Gift and His Grace- the more we cant help but Be Thankful with every breath we take!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012, 7:40:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012, 8:05:46 PM PDT
R. Hildreth, Beware of the faith alone dog!!! Jesus and Paul and james and Peter and John all refute that man made fallacy!!! as Paul warns those who have faith in Jesus, that EVEN if one has ALL FAITH, BUT does not love others, it is useless, (1 Corinthians 13:2) and James affirms "It is by WORKS and NOT by faith ALONE That man is justified", (James 2:24) as Jesus our Great God and Saviour affirms of God's Eternal LAW, rich in Love, "If you wish to enter into Life, then KEEP the commandments", (Matthew 19:17) and Paul agrees, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Romans 2:13) as faith alone does not justify us before God, (Ephesians 5;5,6, Galatians 5:19,20,12, Matthew 5:28, Matthew 6:14, Romans 2:8,9, John 5:29, Hebrews 10:26, 2 Peter 2:20,21, Matthew 7:21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on May 27, 2012, 7:49:33 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Are you a Captain Crunch Christian?

Who has more wisdom?

What is the purpose of "good gifts"?

Please read Matthew 7:11-12

Vs. 11 "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

The only temper tantrum I ever remember throwing was for Captain Crunch. I never got it and that was a great thing. Could our relationship with God be the same?

We beg and plead and promise anything for something. When we don't get it we typically have one of three responses:

1) I must work harder so God will Love me more and give me more.

2) I hate God and He isn't fair or just.

3) God doesn't exist and/or He is evil.

Why is it do you think that Christ used this moment to give "the golden rule"?

Could it have anything to do with the idea that real gold, His Gold isn't about what we have or getting more but instead it's about showing Love for one another?

Is it possible that this journey called spirituality is more about learning to Love and care for each other and not about dogma and following some code?

Here is a meditation for you. Find a time and a place where you probably won't be disturbed and close your eyes gently. Begin by taking several deep breaths and with every exhale see Him take away your stress. Now spend a few moments just following your breath, relax your jaw and facial muscles and just Be right Here and right Now. As you do:

Breathe in and say:
"Father teach me what to ask for"

Breathe out and say:
"And teach me how to Love others like Jesus"

Do this for several minutes and then just stop, be still and listen to God

Don't Worry- Be Grace-Full!!

Posted on May 27, 2012, 7:51:35 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Saved by Grace through Faith and that NOT of myself so I have nothing to boast about!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1266 Jul 21, 2017
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXIX 5285 7 hours ago
One Book One Authority by Dr.Douglas D. Stauffer 591 7 hours ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 3081 7 hours ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 7268 8 hours ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 9204 8 hours ago
My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth 3228 11 hours ago
Dancing While Stannding Still by Richard Rohr 7 20 hours ago
Lectio Divina...for the building up of God's Kingdom - Part 2 435 1 day ago
Are the Father and Son both YHWH? 998 1 day ago
More discussions on Mormonism 1327 1 day ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 9908 1 day ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  159
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers