Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Announcement

Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 326-350 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012, 7:19:55 PM PDT
I am not ADD I am just a harmless poster who enjoys being impish!:)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012, 5:51:32 AM PDT
M. Galishoff says:
no you have not. That was not what I meant. Forget the question. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012, 10:09:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2012, 10:13:07 PM PDT
Re original post: Have you [Amazon Communities Team] any plans to implement any of the numerous suggestions already made in this thread (including some of mine)?

The Mamazon prude bot is at times over the top. In a post the other day, I used the common abbreviation for City University of New York -- and it got bounced.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012, 5:10:58 PM PDT
M. Galishoff says:
I used the common abbreviation for Titus and it got bounced.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012, 5:45:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012, 10:59:55 PM PDT
zoltán says:
Deleted by poster as a public service.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012, 10:02:03 PM PDT
Re zoltan, above: I don't see how the target of this link bears on the issues at hand. Could you explain?

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 2:31:21 PM PDT
I'd like Amazon.com to allow people to view books written by Joel C. Rosenberg re: The Last Days, etc.

(Donna Fay Riefler - mamoo1939@comcast.net)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 6:32:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012, 6:39:39 PM PDT
D. Mertins says:
I say you install an ignore button on reviewers and make it so that similar reviewers don't show up or count in a product rating. To many of them have a political, environmental or some other agenda I don't care to hear about when making buying decisions.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012, 5:44:26 AM PDT
Jonathon says:
I like the discussions, but I would eliminate the vote buttons.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012, 6:40:52 PM PDT
Sarah says:
I like the vote buttons. I get to find out when I've miscommunicated or "lost" the "audience."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012, 7:10:00 PM PDT
jpl says:
Announcement

jpl: How many hundreds or thousands of posts does it take to exhaust a thread?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012, 8:52:49 PM PDT
Sarah says:

Posted on Jul 15, 2012, 10:54:17 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
To amazon management,

The voting system of yes and no REALLY HAVE TO GO. It has become a tool to really hide posts and not to create discussion.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012, 5:31:46 AM PDT
Lao Tzu says:
I like the vote buttons - if I want to put someone on ignore, there is a separate link for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012, 6:33:40 AM PDT
M. Galishoff says:
I like the vote buttons but would eliminate the discussions :-)

Posted on Jul 27, 2012, 11:14:20 AM PDT
Raymond says:
it seems like everybody is standing up for something now the founders of amazon.com have come out with same sex marriage support giving 2,000,000 dollars I find this to be a very shameful behavior it is blasphemy before God almighty who created man and woman adam and eve not adam and steve, this just shows how blind the minds of america, have become very corrupt it's the almighty dollar once again that seems to rule I just started buying from amazon.com I certainly will not buy anymore, to buy from amazon.com is to lean my support to what they believe, I am a christian and I believe in jesus christ, and his teachings, the bible say that before he would come for church, this is what type of lifestyle, that would be in his day of return, I hope all believe in God, and Jesus Christ will not support amazon.com anymore. how far as american fallen and it morality.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012, 11:38:34 AM PDT
Craig says:
What did Jesus say about homosexuality?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012, 2:19:00 PM PDT
Bohemian Man says:
Raymond,

WOW!

Talk about a run on sentence!

I only counted 1 period in your 5 lines of jibber jabber.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012, 2:34:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2012, 12:36:32 AM PDT
Bohemian Man says:
Raymond says: (misspelled word included) "how far as american fallen and it morality".

Your post is a perfect example of how far America (capital A by the way) has fallen in it's education standards.

Being that we fall behind the rest of the industrial world in science, your post indicates the problem also applies to the field of grammar.

It's no wonder we're being left in the dust when you consider the majority of Americans still hold to Bronze Age beliefs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012, 7:51:43 PM PDT
ace™ says:
"Raymond says: (misspelled word included) "how far as american fallen and it morality".

Your post is a perfect example of how far America (capital A by the way) has fallen in it's [sic] education standards.

Being that we fall behind the rest of the industrial world in science, your post indicates the problem also applies to the field [of?] grammar.

It's no wonder we're being left in the dust when you consider the majority of Americans still hold to Bronze Age beliefs."

i agree completely, your own typos notwithstanding.
even though i don't make use of the shift key for capitalization because of arthritis in my hands... it doesn't mean that i'm not educated.

i am very concerned about the level of competency of our high school graduates, especially compared to the rest of the world.

i'm also wondering [and certainly hoping] that english is a second language for raymond?

the truth, as i understand it, is that assuming there IS a god and he [or she... must this incredible being have a gender at all?] loves ALL his children, then WHY would he single out the homosexuals [that he, himself, created] and condemn them?

i just don't get it. but, i guess the truth will become obvious to me upon my death. until then, i will treat ALL of my fellow human beings with love and grace. even the ones who abuse me. jesus turned the other cheek and so will i.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012, 12:37:48 AM PDT
Bohemian Man says:
ace,

Thanks for the heads up on the typos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012, 1:06:54 AM PDT
ace™ says:
no worries!

my point was [as i'm sure you guessed] that we all make them, even the most educated among us. however, some posts obviously go beyond typos and in those cases, i am left to wonder as to the education... or nativity... of those who speak such broken english. my own grandparents [lithuanians] struggled with the language for all of their lives but still [with difficulty] made themselves understood and their love of all mankind shone through.

i, myself, struggle to understand those who would condemn god's children who are as they were born.

i wonder how raymond would answer craig's question [hi craig! <acey waves>]... if he were to return to answer it, that is!

[sigh] the world is too small, especially nowadays, for hatred. of any kind. and this, spoken by a woman who supported her husband during his deployment to iraq '06 - '07.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012, 1:20:13 AM PDT
Bohemian Man says:
ace,

I couldn't agree more.

Having been an ex-fundamentalist minister at one time, I know the bigoted attitudes that some Christians can hold toward those who don't walk their dogmatic line.

I see more compassion and tolerance from the secular world than I do from the (so called) Evangelical followers of Christ.

Makes you wonder.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012, 10:24:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2012, 10:24:54 AM PDT
Sarah says:
C: What did Jesus say about homosexuality?

S: Is absence of a teaching evidence of indifference? In that case, he said, in effect, "I don't care."

Come to think of it, given that principle, he made that implied statement about quite a few issues that many folks nowadays consider important: abortion, slavery, genocide, suicide bombs, insider trading... How about infanticide? Suicide? Treason? conspiracies in restraint of trade? giving birth out of wedlock? selling human organs on the black market? Seem like a lot of indifference on his part.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012, 6:17:33 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
This is a test.
I'm having trouble with the internet.
Am I really on?
exp
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
1256 4 days ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVI 7707 7 minutes ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the ummm 13th 5061 12 minutes ago
Hi there. I'm an atheist. Let me tell you how smart I am 257 1 hour ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christian-3 5776 1 hour ago
Jesus' true Church today would have CURRENT REVELATION FROM GOD! 5235 1 hour ago
The Father is a SINGLE God, therefore the Trinity is FALSE! 1380 1 hour ago
Seriously, Do you really think a loving God would play hide and seek with us? 19 1 hour ago
How does hell make the universe a better place? 423 1 hour ago
Moment of Brokenness Part 3 584 4 hours ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Two 7677 4 hours ago
Facts about the Bible and Christianity 477 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  178
Total posts:  1257
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers