Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Jesus plus aliens equals ????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-41 of 41 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 9:33:15 PM PDT
Jack Vix says:
JV: Yes, there are in fact other human species. We have fossils. Again, are these just fossils thrown down here by God as a prank?

JC: but they do produce more dogs.

JV: This is like the "my daddy ain't a monkey" argument. It didn't occur in the 1950's LOL. It happens over millions of years. You accept that there is change, so you believe in a "little bit" of evolution. If you believe in long periods of time, you logically should also believe in vast changes. Unless you don't believe in vast amounts of time...

JV: That we are all from a single biological tree is not known for certain, but this has nothing to do with the fact that evolution occurs.

JC: it's the interpretation OF the fossils that differs.

JV: So those man like creatures outside of our species are what? They're positioned wrong? They should be on all fours? Their skulls actually belong on large cats? It's not one or two of these things...

I can't tell if you're serious or not...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 10:07:35 PM PDT
Hello Jack,

Jack writes "I can't tell if you're serious or not..."

Believe me. J. Crockett is serious.

1. Either he completely denies the existence of the fossil evidence of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, Australopithecus africanus or
2. He seems to think all this evidence is fossils of modern humans. Which, btw does not work either because of the differences in the dental, jaw and skull shapes which do not reflect modern human nor those of other hominoids.

Each of the above I have listed illustrates an evolutionary progression leading up to modern humans. I have examined the skulls, craniums and skeletal structures of each. The study of anatomical structures of these is enough evidence.

The genetic evidence is the capstone so to speak which also illustrates the connection. As an example, the DNA in a chimpanzee is 97.8% identical to us (humans) and vice versa.

This has no effect on Crockett. He thinks he knows better than scientists. The scientific evidence does not in shape or form indicate in the slightest degree that "poof" H. sapiens suddenly appeared on Earth. Not only that, but created by a Christian god as well in a religion that has only been around for just over 2,000 years. Crockett needs to do some serious studying of geology, biology and anthropology at an accredited university I'm afraid and maybe his biblical notions might perhaps cease the destructive assault on his brain.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 10:19:36 PM PDT
I didn't ask for a definition of the word, I asked how you KNEW it was ludicrous.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 10:25:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2012, 10:27:32 PM PDT
Jack Vix says:
3. He's mentally challenged and we're arguing with him, making us half-tards.

In any case, his arrogance knows no bounds. He declares himself more knowledgeable than science, and his planet the only possible life bearer in all the entire universe.

It's interesting how little difference there is in DNA. Chimps are only 2 percent different than us. Imagine something just 2 more percent different than us in the other direction. They'd look at us like we look at other apes. I don't think we're anywhere near as smart as people like to think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 10:03:59 AM PDT
JV -- This is like the "my daddy ain't a monkey" argument.

Not at all. If evolution did occur, we would not expect human beings to come from apes. The connotation is a common ancestor NOT direct descendancy.

JV -- so you believe in a "little bit" of evolution.

The problem with the term "evolution" is that it gets used in several different contexts. If you are referring to the Theory of Evolution; I absolutely and unequivocally reject it as "scientific" fact. Because it is not science. It is a belief system. It requires faith to accept.

If by the term "evolution" you mean that "things change", well then yes, things change. But does that FACT require a theory? Or is it clearly evident?

JV -- Unless you don't believe in vast amounts of time...

Do YOU believe in vast amounts of time?

JV -- So those man like creatures outside of our species are what?

Those man-like creatures are either men or apes. The fossil known as "Lucy"? An ape. The fossils referred to as "Neanderthals"? Humans.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:43:05 AM PDT
mrs exp says:
Jack Vix,
JV: So those man like creatures outside of our species are what? They're positioned wrong? They should be on all fours? Their skulls actually belong on large cats? It's not one or two of these things...

Me: They are either extinct apes or they are homo sapiens.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:44:28 AM PDT
mrs exp says:
Jack Vix,
But that 2% sure makes a big difference.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:57:59 AM PDT
JV -- I don't think we're anywhere near as smart as people like to think.

Hey! Look at that something we agree on!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 9:22:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2012, 10:08:24 PM PDT
Crockett writes "The fossil known as "Lucy"? An ape. The fossils referred to as "Neanderthals"? Humans."

You are basing this opinion upon your expertise in what field of science Jeremy? Lucy is not simply an ape and Neanderthals are not simply just modern humans. An evolutionary progression can be observed with the fossils we have currently. Merely modern humans and ape. No, they are not. One example is that the cranium of Neanderthals has a greater cc capacity than modern humans. The skulls are shaped differently. A comparison of a modern human skull and and the skull of a Neanderthal is different even for the casual eye.

The fossil remains of Lucy. No. These are not the remains of an ape. Your statements are not only irresponsible and without merit, but they make you look foolish to even the sophomore undergraduate student who has a couple of undergraduate courses in comparative anatomy and or paleoanthropology.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:33:31 PM PDT
Jack Vix says:
The theory of evolution is not "only a theory" as is commonly said by... you people. A 'theory' in science is not like a 'theory' in common vernacular. When you say you have a theory, you actually mean you have a guess or speculation. A theory is backed by evidence. It's a fact that evolution occurs and the theory is the explanation of that fact. Gravity doesn't stop being a fact when we have a theory of it. Evolution occurs whether you like it or not, and, like gravity, has nothing to do with "believing" in it or not. The mechanism by which it occurs, like Darwinism, can be criticized, but evolution itself is beyond dispute.

I almost don't believe how aggressively ignorant you are, but then again, you are religious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:43:23 PM PDT
Jack Vix says:
Yes. Homo sapiens are anthropoid apes too. The other species are not drastically different from us. There is a blurry line that a religious person has to draw in evolution, or deny it altogether.

Yes, I know that 2% makes a big difference. That was the point of my post. A species another 2% in the opposite direction would look at us like we look at the other apes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:44:23 PM PDT
SM -- An evolutionary progression can be observed with the fossils we have currently

An evolutionary progression is ASSUMED and projected onto the fossils we currently have, SM.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 11:50:38 PM PDT
JV -- Evolution occurs whether you like it or not

Absolutely. If evolution is valid, it is regardless of my beliefs. If evolution (molecules to man) is false, then all the rhetoric in the world will not make evolution a fact.

JV -- gravity

The thing is, we can test gravity. We cannot test to see asexual reproduction becoming sexual reproduction. We cannot re-create the move from single-celled to multi-celled life. We can test NONE of the statements that evolution makes about the past because it all happened in the past, we must take ON FAITH that evolution occurred. All the Evolutionist rhetoric cannot change that fact.

JV -- you are religious.

So are you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 1:20:19 AM PDT
Jack Vix says:
"Molecules to man" as you put it, has nothing to do with evolution. That has to do with the origin of biology. Evolution occurs regardless of biological origins. What you're actually attempting to criticize is not evolution but "abiogenesis".

There actually has been observed microbial evolution. The "faith" and "religion" talk doesn't make sense. Evidence isn't "rhetoric". There's nothing I need to accept on lack of evidence.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 1:21:32 AM PDT
Jack Vix says:
This thread was supposed to be about aliens but it's been hijacked by an evolution-denier

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 11:20:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012, 11:46:07 AM PDT
Jeremy,

Jeremy writes "An evolutionary progression is ASSUMED and projected onto the fossils we currently have, SM."

Sorry Jeremy. It is not assumed as you put it. Scientists are very conservative in their analysis of evidence. Even when it is tested and its validity has been determined. Scientists are still conservative when they make statements.

Unlike the creationsists who make outlandish off the rails statements. It is you who are making the assumptions without any expertise, examination of the evidence or the background.

Scientists are very conservative in their statements. It is the creationist who is very loose and sloppy with the statements that are way out beyond reality, extraordinary claims that are not supported nor substantiated with any evidence. Creationists have no methodology that is used for the arrival of a particular conclusion. It is nil and doesn't exist. It is the method of cram, twist and completely ignore certain evidence to make it fit the already preconceived notion of creation. Scientists have been trying to falsify the theory of evolution for the past 100+ years. They have thrown anything and everything against it in an attempt to make it fall. It has withstood the onslaught. When one examines the evidence, the evidence makes perfect sense when the theory of evolution is applied to all the evidence.

The advances in biological field of genetics is only adding to the abundance of evidence which already supports evolution.

You have it in your mind that the evidence is up for interpretation. There is no way that the evidence for Homo sapiens neanderthalensis can be interpreted as being just another modern human. As for Lucy. As I state before. The evidence can not be interpreted that her remains are merely those of an ape.

You are speaking from ignorance Jeremy. Nothing wrong with being ignorant, but continuing in one's ignorance is the real pity.

Try reading "Essentials of Physical Anthropology by Dr. Robert Jurmain. He was a professor at San Jose State University. He received his B.A. in anthropology from UCLA and his Ph.D in biological anthropology from Harvard University. This is a good book as an introduction. Open the "closer look" on Amazon and you can review the first chapter of the book.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1261 3 days ago
Jesus' true Church today would have CURRENT REVELATION FROM GOD! 8412 3 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVII 1838 16 minutes ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 6478 18 minutes ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the ummm 13th 8695 58 minutes ago
The Missing Links 40 1 hour ago
The godless push a demonstrably false worldview 21 2 hours ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 1778 5 hours ago
Colossians 1:15 - Did Jesus Have a Beginning? 89 7 hours ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 3980 12 hours ago
How does hell make the universe a better place? 1771 13 hours ago
I went into a Fundy church today and didn't burst into flames 233 16 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.