Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Be The Love Wherever You Are

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1451-1475 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 26, 2012, 11:51:41 AM PDT
"Happiness 'raised to the level of an ideal, freed from the negative aspects of oneself and of things ...is the sole triumph of this world.'" -The Empress, Meditations on the Tarot

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012, 5:16:04 AM PDT
Nova137 says:
I like this "Empress!" Sounds like My kind of Gal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012, 9:40:27 AM PDT
In "The Secret Dakini Oracle Deck" she is called "The Scarlet Woman". You'd be surprised how often she turns up in my life. She represents "the resolution of divisions between spiritual and material... through coming to terms with her archetype." It's funny, but she also sounds like a cocktail, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 7:54:46 AM PDT
Nova137 says:
D.S.C.: I also made a mistake.
N.: This is why I gave up attempting to put all the connections together. Teachers like Bailey, Blavatsky, Steiner, Baba D & even Prophet (but much less so) lose me quickly when they can go into many levels of connections. But, notice, too, that my system can appear very complex as well. But, my complexity to another is simplicity to Me. What I say may appear arcane and complex, but it is not to Me! We all recognize this in our own way of dealing with life. We all use certain words that are intuitively our own experience in all this.

Each of us use specific words in combination to describe what is our spiritual growth and experience. Those same words may point to different points of spiritual growth and experience in each one of us very differently. This, to Me, is the sole reason others become in conflict. That is, for simple sake that we are talking past one another. Most miscommunication is not from real difference. Certainly this is true with family and friends like us.

One other note on that. Shri Sadguru Siddharameshwar Maharaj is my Master because while reading His words (the content of which I'd read in many forms over the years from one source or another many times over) I saw inside me the actual experience of what those words pointed to. The light of the experience of the Self in the three worlds "descended".

That is, I had contemplated, meditated and taught using these same words before, but I hadn't experienced the living Reality they are meant to allow the seeker access to. In His words the truth of what I AM became a living reality. It wasn't just an intellectual understanding anymore. It had moved to my heart of understanding. You will notice, that when we speak from this place, we cannot ever "make a mistake" for we are only ever speaking from experience. The phrase, "Speaking from experience..." lets the listener know that no matter the ultimate nature of reality, the person can trust what is said more deeply and confirm or not for themselves of what is said.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 11:22:54 AM PDT
Nova: I had contemplated, meditated and taught using these same words before, but I hadn't experienced the living Reality they are meant to allow the seeker access to.

Dots: "Living Reality" means being in touch with the wave nature of life through one's etheric body. This is experiencing the direct receptivity of the soul as being analogous to the moon's phases or the ocean's tides. Without this primal awareness one is only mimicking the art of nature, not cooperating and merging with the art of nature.

But you are also saying something about the astral nature of words when you say "[they] are meant..." to signal something of import between two or more people. Words are a kind of behavior, which is itself a kind of 'living amongst' the group. Words bear an emblem of relationship--an attempted understanding--that is present whether they hit or miss their intended mark. When we hear what others wished to say it stokes the communal fire and we all benefit.

Lastly, you say something about the "I" with the phrase "to allow access to." Both the word "allow" and the word "access" carry the sense of giving permission to or consenting to a possible future. The "I" decides *how* it will experience something, i.e., what to make of it. Experience doesn't simply happen to you; you negotiate its lasting effects with the ideals that you carry forward. This is only something that "I" can do for myself. But to effectively call myself to that task I must be equally listener and speaker, an individual and a member of a group, for "the ultimate nature of reality" expresses itself when "the person can [learn to] trust".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 1:18:44 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
Very nice reflection. Thanks. Beautifully said. I AM appreciative.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 1:29:06 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
Knowing you Baba D has been a boost to my authentic living both aesthetically and concretely.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012, 3:27:20 PM PDT
Thank you, Nova. My life is by turns enchanted and challenging. I really don't have any friends in the flesh that I talk to as frequently as I do you. You give me a boost too. This is a kind of home away from home (even though I'm sitting at home right now). Or maybe it's more like a bar where everybody knows your name--I'll drink to that! Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 5:45:15 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
The disembodied bar. I enjoyed a Whistle Wetter with my oldest son a few hours ago. He and his sister are visiting until July 8th. We've been philosophizing about IM'ing (the first form of the disembodied chat?) and the whole electronic persona thing. My oldest boy is somewhat of a rebel as his mother smothered him and he's having to throw all that off for better or worse. It leads to some great angst which leads to great philosophy, though! He's really a chip off the old genetic block. Being nearer to him is really interesting, energy wise. I feel him/Me so strongly and he influences me very directly. I become him in a reverse of like-father, like-son. Its weird, but cool. I'll drink to that!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012, 11:07:23 AM PDT
Nova,
The intellectual predecessor of the disembodied chat is something John Lennon and Yoko Ono conceptualized that they called "Baggism". Google it and I think you'll be amazed at how well John and Yoko anticipated IM culture.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012, 8:40:26 PM PDT
Nova,
I've been hanging out lately on the "Meditation?" and "Karma" threads. The discussions have been fairly interesting. Miss you DSC, KarlHenrik, Craig, and the rest (I stole that from Gilligan's Island). I hope all are well and not under too much stress.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012, 8:46:14 AM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
Sorry, I would love to, but I just can't spare the time these days.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012, 4:04:22 PM PDT
A customer says:
http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/68665-david-icke-shut-up-you-dont-want-to-know-about-this

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 7:45:18 AM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
Good stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 7:59:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 17, 2012, 6:48:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 5:44:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012, 6:00:54 PM PDT
OK, not to toot my own horn, but where did you first hear that standardized testing was being used to stunt children's minds before they'd even had a chance to feel comfortable in their own skins? BTW, loved this video. This guy has a really grab you by the short hairs style that I warmed to immediately. Thanks Karl.

EDIT: "Where is the Love?" by The Black-Eyed Peas was the song playing to the montage.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012, 9:34:43 AM PDT
Tick, tock.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 10:04:16 AM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__utPS19-8o

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 6:14:32 PM PDT
Loved it! I haven't heard people talk like this since I was in college (1978-1982) at U. C. Santa Barbara. Also, I am a huge fan of Garbage! The song that was playing during the montage was "Not Your Kind of People" by Garbage. If you're not a fan yet then become one and find out what you've been missing! But I kind of missed him saying "Tick, tock." Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012, 7:58:06 AM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
I liked that song. I'll check them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012, 8:13:18 AM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
I just realized a couple of songs of theirs that I had heard but didn't know it was them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012, 10:27:06 AM PDT
Do you have a smart phone? One of the best apps is Shazam. I use it all the time to identify songs and artists that I've long heard but couldn't name.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012, 9:44:24 PM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
iPhone 4S. Shazam has found me a lot of good music recently.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012, 11:18:02 PM PDT
ALLFAARAA says:
DUDE
YOU ARE FRKN KIDDING ME !!!
U HAVE TIME FOR THIS...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012, 8:55:33 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 17, 2012, 6:48:29 AM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  1939
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers