Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Is Your Pastor On A Womans Payroll? : Confronting Bias Created by the female majority at church

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 614 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2011, 10:31:50 AM PDT
A recent study by Sun trust Bank found that the most likely path to business growth, is not to acquire new customers, develop new products or hone operations. The best growth tactic, they concluded, WAS TO SELL MORE OF YOUR CURRENT PRODUCT TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS. The female majority can in all economic sense be viewed as the modern church's biggest customer! That being, do Christian leaders, pastors and workers do subtle things to keep them happy AT THE EXPENSE of developing men?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 10:46:22 AM PDT
FashionSense says:
Jamiel Cotman

Too bad for men. If they won't go to church then so what about them. Let the men develop themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 10:48:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2011, 10:49:31 AM PDT
Banner says:
Exactly. And who is head of the churches anyway? Usually a man...so...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 11:18:50 AM PDT
Amicus says:
You have raised a very interesting question.

I did a google search and found this article,
"Why Men Hate Church" by David Morrow
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/ChurchAndMinistry/menhatingchurch.aspx
It is an excerpt from his book,
Why Men Hate Going to Church

Of course women live longer than men... so, that would explain the elderly female population.

I'll pay attention in church this weekend and try to get an exact count.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 11:21:05 AM PDT
Banner says:
I'd like some examples of what you mean please

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 11:40:16 AM PDT
So you are not concerned with outreach to men?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 11:56:23 AM PDT
To do so, I would have to return to my premise of, pastors being on a woman's payroll. From there we can conclude that they won't say, or do anything that makes women uncomfortable. This is hidden in what they say and do, but more subtly in what they don't say and do. The latter, you won't hear pastors confront issues unique to men, such as the need for respect, and how to get it in a godly way, or, sex, and that wives should have it more often with their husbands. Any perceived stretch to a woman's efforts are ignored, or skimmed over, even if they are biblical, factual and true. This should bother women who truly want to develop. But what pastors are saying and doing, is retro fitted for women, which leaves the men who ACTUALLY DO show up, listening to something that is not doable for them in particular. Praise in Worship for instance is very homo-erotic, asking us to, "Fall in Love With Jesus", "Feel The Touch of His Embrace", and "Smell His Fragrance", I could get sillier here if you'd like? On to the volunteer opportunities, which any normal guy will say makes him feel less masculine: Cleaning, Cooking, Nursery, Teaching, are perceived by the male masses as areas where women thrive, though men can do them....I can go on but I hate replies that are too wordy...

Posted on Jul 8, 2011, 12:13:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 1, 2011, 8:28:49 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 12:25:23 PM PDT
Hint: Neither does it mean women get to be the boss of men either ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 1:12:19 PM PDT
Banner says:
Well I am from the South so our churches don't have those problems. I live in the 'wives submit to your husbands' part of the country. So it's very hard for me to imagine that men of the church would cater to women this way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 1:38:47 PM PDT
Banner says:
I'm also curious about what you think is "biblical, factual, and true" regarding men.

Posted on Jul 8, 2011, 1:52:13 PM PDT
Jamiel Cotman says: Fall in Love With Jesus", "Feel The Touch of His Embrace", and "Smell His Fragrance",

Seriously? Do preachers get their material from Armani ads nowadays? That's really kinda creepy weird..........

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 2:52:15 PM PDT
A customer says:
"...you won't hear pastors confront issues unique to men, such as the need for respect..."

If a man, if a person, can not get respect at home by being a decent and respectable human being, gender aside, then it sounds like they have some personal development to work on.

I don't see how that's a gender specific issue. But then again, I see men and women as equals, always have.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:30:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2011, 5:31:03 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:32:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 1:29:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:34:18 PM PDT
Exactly! That's exactly the point of this thread...there are HUGE similarities between how large corporations market to women, and what is done in Christian churches. Going back to my first comments on this thread,-its business! My only objection is that in doing so, we are missing a lot of soldiers, guys who would otherwise contribute to our cause as believers...we just don't speak their language. Thanks for responding!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:41:46 PM PDT
Women are created with a need for security, knowing things are taken care of, more so than men, who have a more proprietary need for honor. Today s churches are known for helping women get that feel, everything from eternal security, to the pastors who Shepherd them like sheep, or the historically incorrect pictures of Jesus with long permed hair, and polished nails. It all has a subtle marketing message of, "Security...Security...Security";. Women flock to it in drones! They love to know they are taken care of. Guys, we like the opportunity to be honored by overcoming odds of some sort. That adventurous, or masculine appeal of challenge is unheard of in today's churches...its all about being safe.
O....and men and women ARE equals. That statement was unheard of on this thread until you mentioned it. Thanks for replying.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:42:33 PM PDT
Banner says:
I actually can see what you mean about the music. But aside from that, I don't see what the motive would be. I don't think churches are in any danger of losing women. Why would they cater to them??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:44:08 PM PDT
This is true, a very good observation. However, its not spiritual matters that present gender bias, its how they are promoted. Its what is emphasized, overlooked, repeated and left out. The modern church has biased the gospel in favor of women, making it harder for men to connect with God.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:50:04 PM PDT
Right. Its more business than fear. They are not afraid of losing women, as much as they are motivated to keep them. In my opening thread, I mentioned how the most obvious path to success in business, was proven by Sun-trust bank as selling more of an existing product to current customers. Most churches today are none profit BUSINESSES. They develop a version of the Gospel and corresponding components like culture, policy and music, all to offer more to women. Nothing immoral or wrong with this, only men are being deprived of spiritual value, and leave without guidance applicable to them. So its a growth strategy...one that leaves men in the cold.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:52:52 PM PDT
Banner says:
So you're saying men are cutting their own spiritual ropes for more power and money?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 3:53:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 15, 2016, 1:30:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 4:01:15 PM PDT
Banner says:
Interesting thought Music.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 4:13:06 PM PDT
Absolutely! Though perhaps unknowingly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011, 4:18:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2011, 4:19:03 PM PDT
I'm not satisfied with that answer, its suggesting that we should not be ourselves. This is what men are being told in today's churches. Women are not. Again formulating bias. The tragedy is, that when we learn to be men by Gods design, deep down, that is what women really want. But we are not the customers of today's Christian leaders...they have no motive to help us arrive here. Thanks for your comments...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1266 27 days ago
Jesus said... "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6 Part Three 8557 30 seconds ago
Last Day Biblical Prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled, the stage is being set, are you ready? Part Three 6086 2 minutes ago
Jesus' true Church today would have CURRENT REVELATION FROM GOD! - 2 298 3 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion XXXVIII 5036 4 minutes ago
My Mob Pub and Coffee Shop, Parth the Thirteenth 1952 19 minutes ago
Problems with Anti-Catholicism: Who is the REAL "666"? 2692 57 minutes ago
Facts about the Bible and Christianity 2860 1 hour ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 2404 3 hours ago
More discussions on Mormonism 661 4 hours ago
The End Times Countdown 595 5 hours ago
I completely understand now why Mormons aren't Christians. 8681 7 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  614
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers