Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

WHAT is this about the Breville Stand Mixer...........

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012, 8:53:06 AM PDT
GW says:
So the Breville is higher rated than the Kitchen Aid?

OK, so maybe the KA ain't what it USED to be but HOW would I grind & stuff sausage, knead & cut pasta, shread cheese, & the other various jobs a KA does, on a Breville huh?

I have 2 KA5's & I'll be sticking with them.....until something REALLY better comes along.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012, 8:54:09 AM PDT
GW says:
I have my LUSTFUL eye on the Hobart N50.......anyone have one?
Full report please!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012, 10:15:51 AM PDT
Bundt Lust says:
I got a Breville stand mixer through Vine a couple of years ago...I've only used it a handful of times (I'm still a newbie with stand mixers), but I wouldn't say I liked it better than my all-metal-gear Kitchen Aid Professional. However, it depends which Kitchen Aid you have...I bought one for my mom several years ago that still had the plastic gearbox ... she replaced the mixer three times, and it never worked right. I gave her mine when I got the Breville, and it's smooth as can be.

We had a Hobart in the bakery I worked in...I'd love to have the N50!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012, 2:37:26 PM PDT
GW, you can get all those attachments for a Hobart mixer but you're going to have to cough up some serious buckeroos.
Have you ever tried to pick one of those Hobart mixers up?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 3:42:18 PM PST
GW says:
Fluffie,
No, I have never seen one in real life....I figured it's about the same as my K5 lift bowl....no?
Well, perhaps I'll just put it on my "wishful thinking" bucket list. If I were a YOUNGER baker i would seriously consider it but I've got one tootsie in the grave & the other on a banana peel.....& no REAL cook/baker to hand it down to.

I think I'll take another look at that BOXTER.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 4:56:40 PM PST
G. Wiggles, they weigh somewhere around a bejillion pounds give or take a pound. If you like to clean under your mixer occasionally you're going to need some help to get it done.
Never used one - have had to move one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:32:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012, 7:48:04 AM PST
GW says:
NO PROBLEMO, Fluffie......Gina never cleans under, over or any other way.

If I get one I could use THIS for lifting.
A relatively small investment for the glamour & status of owning a HO-BART!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:47:31 AM PST
GW says:
So HERE IT IS!

My finger is dangerously close to the "Proceed to Checkout."
It's hovering.....It's hovering.....HEY anyone wanna CONTRIBUTE a few bux to the HOBIE fund?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (882 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.