Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Meat injector

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2012 5:46:13 PM PDT
ssjenny1 says:
Looking for a good meat injector for smoking. My husband loves smoking ribs and wants to get into doing briskets as well. All the contestants on the "pitmaster" type shows he watches use injectors to flavor the meat before cooking. Anyone know one that is sturdy and holds up well? I want to get one that will last. The reviews on some on A weren't that impressive.
Your reply to ssjenny1's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:23:39 PM PDT
The problem with food specific injectors is that they're made of plastic and the hole is in the side of the needle. I went through several before i started looking outside the box. I currently use a 10ml luer lock glass syringe with an 8 gauge needle. These are designed for laboratory work and are thus very resilient. You can find them at a lab supply store or website but you might end up having to buy a 6 pack like i did.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:35:16 PM PDT
Syringe, Glass 10cc Reusable
Amazon has the syringe, the needle will have to come from lab supply

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 5:36:03 PM PDT
A. Adams says:
I use a large syringe and needle that is used on dairy cows. Find a dairyman, or call a vet. They will probably give you some.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (875 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions