Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Is there a food you just won't eat?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 734 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 9:02:18 AM PDT
I love crab, clams, oysters all other sea food it is just that one clawey creature. You can sat a plate of clams in front of me and they are gone. I like my oysters fried in a batter, my daughter can eat them smoked out of the can! Mary

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 5:41:53 PM PDT
Abaton6 says:
Tripe,...might as well chew an old inner tube!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:41:30 AM PDT
Rat on a Stick. It just ain't that good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:44:44 AM PDT
If Cream of Wheat was the same as Grits, they would be called grits! Grits is made from CORN. Cream of WHEAT is made from...

Think real hard now...

WHEAT!!!!!

There will be a test on this next week to see how well you studied.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 4:53:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 3:44:08 AM PDT
(huge grin) That one's going to have me snickering all day, UnHappy C.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:56:58 AM PDT
Teresa says:
I lived in Germany for five years and went to the beer festivals. One of the foods available at the fests was grilled fish. Whole fish...eyeballs and all. A lot of Americans would order the fish and then complain about the eyes but were able to eat the fish anyway. Then there was the little German lady who watched the tables. She would wait until the Americans were finished with their fishes, then she would make the rounds of the tables pointing and asking 'Are you going to eat that?'.

When the Americans indicated that they were finished with the fish, the little old German lady would reach over, pop the eyeballs out with her thumb, and eat them. The Americans would gag and abandon the table and old lady would finish up the eyeballs. i thought it was hilarious!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 6:38:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 6:38:46 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
We are not a very, shall we say, adventurous, people. I admit to being one of them ( not to the extent of most). I do think the story is hilarious too, tho! Most people stick to their mashed potatoes and look at anything else as weird.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:08:22 AM PDT
What is tripe?

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:33:08 PM PDT
Liver. Whether chicken of beef. The smell of it cooking makes me want to vom.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 2:45:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012 8:35:58 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:27:36 PM PDT
Cream of wheat is finer, thinner. Grits are course, but good with butter and black pepper.
Mary

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 9:21:04 PM PDT
RebeccaZ says:
Blood pudding was occationally served as a school lunch with a 'salad' of ham cubes, slimy cold rice, and green peas where I grew up.. yuckety yuck

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 6:38:34 AM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
Tripe is stomach lining, usually of a cow or pig. Sounds good, huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 7:41:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012 8:35:59 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 7:45:12 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
LMAO!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:12:28 AM PDT
Binkie says:
I have nauseating memories of my father tucking into tripe. Truly disgusting

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:04:10 AM PDT
Parmesan cheese does stink. It's nasty.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 6:07:08 AM PDT
G. Ashley says:
I think the list of things I WILL eat is shorter than the list of things I won't eat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 7:12:35 PM PDT
I cannot eat spaghetti without Parmesan cheese!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 7:59:47 PM PDT
April:

Pork brains scrambled into eggs is very tasty in my opinion, but only if you go very lightly on the brains. Pork brains have a very strong taste.

Chuck

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:13:11 PM PDT
PolyOWannaCracker:

Odd how tastes differ. I really enjoy mushrooms . . . raw, sautéed or breaded. Breaded with horseradish sauce for dipping is my favorite. Neither of my adult children will even try them in any manner. However, my son's dog loves the breaded with horseradish sauce. He reacts poorly to the taste of the horseradish (as one would expect) but keeps "asking" for more . . . we do moderate his intake.

Chuck

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:47:12 PM PDT
UnHappy Camper:

You say "Rat on a stick. It just ain't that good."

I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve you. However it did remind me of a story a great uncle told me when I was a kid. Growing up, he was one of the five younger kids on the family farm whose job in the winter was to catch and kill the rats in the corn storage silos. They (the kids) sorted the rats, keeping only the fat healthy looking ones. These were skinned and cleaned for cooking. According to him they actually made up a substantial portion of their winter diet. As disgusting as this may sound it actually made sense.

When I asked the obvious . . . how did they taste? His answer, without any sense of irony was, I don't really remember taste being much of an issue as far as food was concerned when I was a kid. One of his brothers chimed in, with a slight grin, "I can remember the taste not being that good if you had eaten the day before, but if you hadn't eaten in three or four days, the taste was great.

Chuck

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:37:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 14, 2012 6:33:03 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:00:08 PM PDT
DKH says:
Wow! I thought it was just my mom... nice to know I'm not alone!.....lol
Gram would make homemade noodles, but mom wouldn't :(
Mom said not worth the time and trouble...gasp!! I would make them on a special
occasion if I had the recipe!

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:05:54 PM PDT
T. Lascari says:
Liver! Ewwww.
‹ Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (875 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  134
Total posts:  734
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions