Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Evolution forum

Evolution never happened - Here's why.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 159 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 3:41:45 PM PDT
Abigail O says:
Well, that's just weird. But why does he have multiple accounts? There's that guy on the science forum with two accounts and I don't get that either. He's the Charles Dawkins character and someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012, 2:29:03 AM PDT
A customer says:
Evolutionists - "I'm sorry. I see that you are either very immature or mentally ill. My condolences. "

Answer the question, you blastopone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012, 2:34:03 AM PDT
A customer says:
Mystére - "He's the Charles Dawkins character and someone else."

That would be Brentard. It seems to be another characteristic of science-deniers, or possibly a meta-characteristic of science denial, that they use multiple identities to create the impression of a debate. There are practical reasons for requiring more than one account, but most rationalists go out of their way to make it clear that they are the same person. I have a cat logo on my Amazon and Guardian chat accounts that make it all but impossible to miss, and I am now actually using a consistent screen name between the two. (My real surname was getting a bit too conspicuous on search engines for my liking, so I went that way instead of the other.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012, 12:30:26 PM PDT
Abigail O says:
I understand why you would be cautious in revealing your identity. I started using this current name after I picked up a particularly obnoxious, persistent, and creepy stalker. But Evo Block doesn't seem to be trying to hide the fact, as both screen names seem to be self-referential. I just don't get his motivation.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012, 11:02:04 PM PDT
A customer says:
I make it possible to work out who I am if you have already seen what I am saying, but I decided I didn't like showing up on search engines. I'm less worried about stalkers than about head-hunters now I'm going back to contracting.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012, 12:40:23 AM PDT
Re OP: "Mutations can only damage, delete, or destroy information in DNA or, at best, have a neutral effect." This is factually erroneous, as shown, for example, by the evolution of tri-color vision in the human eye [1]. This involved exactly two mutations: the first of these duplicated a gene on the X chromosome which is responsible for the photosensitive dye that detects red light. A subsequent single-base substitution on the duplicate changed the sensitive wavelength from red to green. This is just one example; there are many others.

If you actually want people to consider your posts to be interesting, it would behoove you to actually learn some science.

1. Lopez-Larrea, ed., Sensing in Nature (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, Vol. 739), chapter 10: Jacobs, The Evolution of Vertebrate Color Vision. I am indebted to Prof. Janis for this material.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012, 5:23:36 AM PDT
Bubba says:
There are some _very_ long barbecue grills available, how long of a barbecue grill would you need to cook a whole crocodile? Would a 3 meter (10 feet) long grill be long enough?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012, 5:29:43 AM PDT
Bubba says:
Amazon doesn't use Google as their search engine.

This is one of the books that I found on "Intelligent Design" under books on Amazon, is this what you mean?

Scientists Confront Creationism: Intelligent Design and Beyond

Posted on Apr 22, 2013, 3:32:41 PM PDT
Hmmm...the initial post here says it all...evolution is a croc.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2013, 9:11:54 PM PDT
noman says:
RE: sockpuppet says :"Hmmm...the initial post here says it all...evolution is a croc."

Understanding Evolution
Tikitaalik

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news/060501_tiktaalik

What Ate the Dinosaurs?: The
Evolution of Crocodile Jaws
http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/marinebio/livingworld/gignac.pdf

Crocodiles
http://skywalker.cochise.edu/wellerr/students/crocodiles/crocodiles.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 8:12:52 AM PDT
D. G. Wisker says:
"Mutations can only damage, delete, or destroy information in DNA or, at best, have a neutral effect."

Laughably, provably, false. They can also increase information in a genome. Any undergraduate student in Genetics knows this. Even gene duplication mutations can have a non-neutral effect.

Falconetti joins the dubious company of James Arjuna and RMorris on this forum as someone who knows almost northing about the subject, yet insists on pontificating about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 8:40:38 AM PDT
There is no such thing as a Darwinist.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 12:05:53 PM PDT
"Falconetti joins the dubious company of James Arjuna and RMorris on this forum as someone who knows almost northing about the subject, yet insists on pontificating about it. "

Hey --- that means so do Largo, James Mitchum, Spartacus, Beretta, and la Vallotte (or some similar name), plus the various monikers on the theme "Evolutionists block those posts they don't like".

All the same person as Falconetti. Just so you know. Who else do you think is voting up the creationists' posts and voting down the ones by scientists-- a bunch of sock puppets

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 12:11:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2015, 4:29:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 12:18:04 PM PDT
I'll have one for Falconetti, Spartacus, Mitchum, Beretta, la Vallotte, and EvoBlock while I'm at it. Don't worry, viewers, it will still be just the one donut.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 2:47:30 PM PDT
Bookhitter says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 2:53:17 PM PDT
Bookhitter says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 3:18:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 30, 2013, 3:11:16 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 3:29:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 30, 2013, 3:11:17 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 3:54:57 PM PDT
D. G. Wisker says:
"Funny, but when I look up all the duplication mutations shown on PubMed where they actually study the effects, every duplication mutation there is part of a genetic disease. They are found in heart problems, muscle problems, Autism, and Alzheimer's and others."

You missed SRGAP2, as one example. It has duplicated 3 times in the human lineage over the last 3-4 million years. It's involved in neuronal migration, and isn't deleterious. In fact, one of its duplications is fixed in the human population. That tells you it's not deleterious.

You are the lamest creationist "scholar" I've come across in quite a while. And I've had experience with quite a few.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 7:39:35 PM PDT
"You are the lamest creationist "scholar" I've come across in quite a while. "

http://www.booksie.com/media/36307/capybara.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013, 7:45:23 PM PDT
"There is hope for even someone as deluded as a professor of this crap. "

What *would* be the hope for me, James?

Give up my career, so I no longer have a salary?

Give up my teaching, something that I not only enjoy, but am good at, and there is the added benefit that I teach many wanna-be doctors how to teach?

Give up my research, that I also enjoy and which contributes to the scientific canon, as well as being enjoyed by the people who read the popular press?

Give up all my scientific colleagues and the friends I interact with.

So, there I would be: No money, no job, no fun research, no friends, indeed no purpose whatsoever. How does this improve my life? Is this something I should be hoping for?

Just how many babies would have been saved, James? You always fail to provide even a rough estimate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2013, 12:02:21 AM PDT
Spartacus says:
Christine, you are a professional brainwasher who spews forth lies to a captive audience. Being a toilet scrubber is a more noble profession.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2013, 1:32:42 AM PDT
"Christine, you are a professional brainwasher who spews forth lies to a captive audience"

And you are the 3rd, if not 4th or 5th iteration of Largo. Like You Can Talk?

You have had 'talks' with your self, congratulating your self.

You sir, are not in any state to criticize.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2013, 5:09:23 AM PDT
CeruleanBlue says:
wow
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Evolution forum (700 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Evolution info ll 1745 6 hours ago
Signature in the cell 8372 8 hours ago
Evolution info II 1243 13 hours ago
The evolutionary idea is so clear 63 13 days ago
Intelligent Design isn't Science 2571 27 days ago
Forum's Not Dead Yet 57 May 30, 2017
BIble shows vegetation made first, sea animals made before land animals and man last in creation. Bible shows Earth round and hanging on nothing in space! All largely agreeing with science! 329 May 8, 2017
Nye lost the evolution debate....to Ken Ham ....evolution debunked 194 Apr 27, 2017
Once again, evolution is false. 51 Apr 27, 2017
Discover Magazine Article shows that some of the Earth's water is older than the Sun (like the first Chapter of Genesis in the Bible) 170 Apr 9, 2017
evolutionism is a god that is worshiped 93 Apr 6, 2017
Best Christian Movies Ever Made 57 Apr 4, 2017

This discussion

Discussion in:  Evolution forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  May 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers