The KTT (Kill This Thread) tradition continues on . . . with this 20th installation! Alive since November 1, 2007, WE WILL NEVER DIE!!!
`Kill' the thread by being the last poster within a given time limit. If the time limit passes with no one posting, and yours is the last post, you WIN!
You may, or may not, win a real, or imaginary, book, or other item, written, or not, by one of our current, or previously active, authors, or dabblers in the art of conveying original stories for the enjoyment of others, and to fulfill a deep-seated urge to put pen to paper, or for whatever reason a person has to become a writer . . . (and I ramble). Oh, there was something about a $20 limit that I was suppose to announce, but it just slipped away. Oh, well . . . on with the RULES!!!
1. Points will be accumulated for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
2. To honor an age-old tradition, Fridays will be Filk Day (just because I like alliteration). All participants that day must vote for at least one filk, created that day by a fellow poster (meaning `person who posts' and not "a placard or bill' - just to be clear . . .)
What is a filk (you ask)? I'm glad you asked. A filk is "a popular or folk song with lyrics revised or completely new lyrics, intended for humorous effect when read and/or to be sung late at night at SF conventions."
3. Creation of black holes, and distribution thereof, is only allowed on Mondays. But be very careful when handling Black Hole matter - it may surprise you . . . (however, one point will be awarded to each contestant who remembers this rule on Mondays).
4. If you'd like to talk like a pirate, feel free to do that any day of the week. But just so we don't get overwhelmed with such foolishness, I will limit this kind of talk to Tuesdays. The most creative `talk' may be voted on by others for additional points to the creator of such.
5. Thursdays will be "elves, dragons, gnomes, & bards day." At least one post by each contestant that day must either mention elves, dragons, or gnomes, or be composed in a bard-like fashion (thank you, elf.)
6. There is STILL no rule 6 (don't ask me why . . .).
7. Oops! We can't leave out the ferrets, or there will be an uprising! Let's give them Wednesday to satisfy that craving we have to become one with the ferret; to understand just who, or what, they are; to imitate their every characteristic in our daily lives, or just BECAUSE (again, I ramble).
8. The following folks have already accumulated a point each for making a suggestion on a rule they'd like to see: Archer, the elf, JJ, and Samaya.
9. My newly created Listmania will be posted at a later time. If you have suggestions for inclusion, let me know.
10. Initial time limit - 24 hours - to be reduced for various weekly, or daily, or hourly infractions of rules of engagement that may vary from week-to-week, day-to-day, or hour-to-hour, at my sole discretion.
11. Oh, yeah, for all you newcomers - my posts do not count!
12. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
TIME LIMIT (9/14) = 22 hours
TIME LIMIT (10/25) = 21 hours
TIME LIMIT (11/1) = 20 hours
TIME LIMIT (11/8) = 18 hours
Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum
AnnouncementRead fresh new fantasy stories - and help take them to the next level
|5||Jul 18, 2015|
|KTT-A (imagine all the curly decorations, please) :-D||8924||1 day ago|
|Books on Sale||2024||3 days ago|
|It's August, what are you reading?||9||4 days ago|
|2017 Reading Challenge||44||4 days ago|
|Best Fantasy Swords||2||9 days ago|
|It's July. What fantasy books are you reading?||32||9 days ago|
|I want recommendations for urban fantasies||8||11 days ago|
|LitRPG releases||3||13 days ago|
|If you're looking for a new fantasy series||0||Jun 30, 2017|
|help! series similar to malazan book of the fallen?||30||Jun 29, 2017|
|Searching for old Norse fiction book||2||Jun 27, 2017|