Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

What are the current series that you are following?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 127 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 3:28:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013, 3:29:04 PM PDT
Jules says:
I'm on book three of Game of Thrones and enjoying the whole thing so far! This might be more romance than fantasy, but there is time travel involved, so...waiting patiently for the eighth book in the The Outlander Series 7-Book Bundle: Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Me and a whole bunch of other people, lol. Talk about cliff hangers; she left her characters in some bad spots in the seventh book. I had thought the series was over at book six, so I was totally surprised and happy to find more.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013, 6:17:32 AM PDT
Lucas Thorn says:
just finishing the last of robert rankin's novels. the guy has done some serious damage to my funny bone.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013, 8:44:15 PM PDT
Aammar Khan says:
Not many at this moment

A Song of Ice and Fire
Mistborn Sequels????

and one of my favorites, Gotrek and Felix. Receiving books 9-12 the end of this month and can't wait.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013, 11:25:30 AM PDT
Greg says:
Joe Abercrombie's books, whatever he's call that stand-alones that happen in the same world as his First Law Triology
Mark Lawerence's The Broken Empire Trilogy
Richard K Morgan's A Land Fit For Heroes and I suppose his Takeshi Kovacs books in the event he has more of those books.
Also I guess I am following Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire and J.V. Jones' Sword of Shadows but both those authors take so many years between books that it doesn't really seem like I'm following their series.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013, 10:19:30 AM PDT
D. Pickle says:
I just finished the fortress series by C. J. Cherryh and I loved it!!! I know it's an older series but I seem to tend to like those better sometimes. But, has anyone else felt like the series still could keep going. There were so many things kind of left hanging - not that she didn't tie up lose threads but the younger characters in that last book could have been the start of another book or two at least in my opinion. I see where she has one other series published after these but it didn't look like it tied into this one at all from what I could tell.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013, 11:45:38 AM PST
Yes. But it would never happen because they have too much self-respect to show up here with the user name: BranSan to self-promote the sequel to The Way of Kings.

And they wouldn't have to self-promote. They'd just have to show up and talk books, and everyone would be thrilled that they were here.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013, 10:51:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013, 10:51:32 AM PST
Okay, I know this would never happen but-If Brandon Sanderson, Terry Brook or some other big time author self-promoted on this forum, would they get tossed?

Posted on Mar 9, 2013, 8:09:05 AM PST
(Shhh! Don't tell Brian!) ;-)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013, 6:52:33 AM PST
It must be a reincarnation, since J.R.R. Tolkien has been dead for forty years.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013, 5:06:43 AM PST
Ummm...no mas pantalones?

(Nice to meet you, Professor T. :-) I compre'd all your libros a long time ago!)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013, 10:57:13 PM PST
Mi nombre es J.R.R. Tolkien, y escribí el Hobbit. Por favor compre mi libro!

Posted on Mar 8, 2013, 5:24:20 PM PST
Yes, but how many people who read this thread are looking for books in Spanish?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013, 4:44:35 PM PST
Jules says:
@C.S. 'Archer' Marks,
Thanks for saying that!

Posted on Mar 8, 2013, 3:56:01 PM PST
Wow! We can self-promote in two languages! ;-)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013, 12:54:35 PM PST
Jordi says:
Fuerza de Dragón.Sangre, 1 Heridas de Dragón (Spanish Edition)
Rama y La Superbomba, 1 Mi abuelo Rama (Spanish Edition)
Hor y El Misterio de Donovan Blíndel, 1 Rebeca (Spanish Edition)
Plumas de Cristal. El Viaje al Gran Nido, 1 La Edad de Motu (Spanish Edition)
Seraf Nomag y El Gólem de Metal, 1 Los Nomag (Spanish Edition)
Tom Dosleguas y La Maldición de las Reinas, 1 La Caracola Plateada (Spanish Edition)
John Spiritman y El Triángulo de Babála, 1 John Spiritman (Spanish Edition)
Orindo y El Camino de los Héroes, 1 La Gran Sacerdotisa (Spanish Edition)
Selento Series Vol.1 (Spanish Edition)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013, 12:47:43 PM PST
Jules says:
I'm a little late but I've just started reading A Game of Thrones and it has sucked me in, just what I love about any book! It is all I can do to take care of my responsibilities and not just sit and read all day, lol. I'm not sure how I missed these when they first came out. I'm on the second book and I've bought the DVD, also.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013, 11:57:50 AM PST
So many series........some new, some old.

Morris and Chastian Investigations
Edie Spence
Alex Craft
Cassie Palmer
Midnight Daughter (DORY)
LUPI
Jane Yellowrock
White Trash Zombies
Experiment in Terror
Felix Castor
Alex Verus
Dresden
Mystwalker
Rylee Adamson
Cassandra Bick Chronicles
Moon Shadow series

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013, 2:00:49 PM PST
I am also a sucker for anything set in London. It's a weakness.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013, 2:00:00 PM PST
D. Pickle says:
haha - I love long series as long as there is always something new stirring. I will have to give Jacka a try and see if I like him better.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013, 1:56:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013, 1:57:15 PM PST
I would probably say yes. I do like Dresden, and I've read the first seven or so books, but he outstayed his welcome in my head. This is a common problem (for me) with really long series, though. So, it may not be Dresden so much as it is Ms. Mayhem's Issues With Having A Short Attention Span.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013, 1:52:17 PM PST
D. Pickle says:
This is the 2nd person I've heard say the Alex Verus series is a good one to try - so I'll have to put this one on my list. I tried the first Harry Dresden and even though it I didn't like it to start with I got involved near the ending. Do you like the one by Benedit Jacka better?

Posted on Mar 4, 2013, 1:48:53 PM PST
I can't remember if I've posted this before, but I've been completely sucked into the Alex Verus series by Benedict Jacka. It's Harry Dresden set in London.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013, 1:34:12 PM PST
D. Pickle says:
I've been much slower at reading this month but am still working on the fortress series by C. J. Cherryh. This is one of those "new to me" authors and I am really enjoying this one. I'm on book #3 "Fortress of Owls".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013, 1:30:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013, 1:31:01 PM PST
Lauren says:
I really enjoyed that triology too. strong female leads and fun mysteries.

FYI, i went from that one to Codex Alera, and enjoyed the transition.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 12:28:26 PM PST
N. C. Weber says:
Just finished the Rebekkah Cooper Chronicles by Tamora Pierce.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  127
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers