Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

KTT9 Afterparty!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6176-6200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012, 3:14:43 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Teresa,
All done. Good. Now you can post here more often. ;-)

Posted on May 10, 2012, 3:16:37 PM PDT
Yes, but that presupposes I have something to say. What am I thinking? That never stopped me in the past.

Posted on May 10, 2012, 8:10:06 PM PDT
JJ says:
I started Skyrim. Lol, I'm bad at the simplest things. Like walking. I don't know the name of the race I picked, but it's the spellcaster one right under the lizard. I got to the bear before calling it a night. Plus, I'm not sure how to be stealthy, and I definitely don't want to try my luck with a bow! The giant spiders surprised me...reminded me a little bit of METROID PRIME. If I can get the hang of the controls, I'll be having a blast in no time. ;-)

I'm not entirely sure of the story, though. There's a king with rebels who are against him? And I was thought to be a rebel? But right before I die, a dragon attacks the town? I'd like a little more background but whatever. I'm also having trouble reading the font...and I have a big screen tv!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012, 8:54:20 PM PDT
JJ, you were caught in a net set for the traitor/rebel Ulfric Stormcloak. You don't have to join either side if you don't want to (I never did). You sneak by pushing down on the left stick to toggle on stealth mode, then you move slowly. I love the bow myself. Dont worry to much about thenear. The game tells you what o do about sneaking but if you wake the bear then whoever you are with will kill it. What I have always done is play a bit until I get things figured out then start over. I have been known to start 6 or more times before I settle on a character. In Skyrim, I was level 28 and decided I had played her badly and started again.

There are three races who are especially good at magic. If you don't have elf ears then you're a Breton. I was a Breton in Oblivion, but these were ugly (at least the women were). Being bad at walking makes me laugh. When I first started Morrowind, I got to the first major town and when I tried to walk across the bridge I kept falling off. My acrobatics would go up because the game assumed I was doing it on purpose. There was a narrow stone wall that edged the city and spanned the river. I practiced walking on that until I could walk straight.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 6:16:14 AM PDT
JJ says:
I've started over 3 times, b/c I kept messing up the character creation! LOL!

I'm a Breton, yes. I edited his looks quite a bit...he looks a little bit more like an Imperial now.

My lockpicking kept going up when I was trying to figure out how to stop breaking the picks! I finally figured it out, though, and now I'm a natural. ;-) At the novice locks, at least! HA!

I'm excited to play it again later today, but unfortunately I have things to do, places to go, people to strangle (lol)...before that time comes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 7:54:05 AM PDT
Yes, lockpicking goes up a little when you break a pick more if you are successful. BTW, you can buy picks in quantity from The Khajit caravans; there is one that visits outside of Whiterun, but most of the merchants and smiths have some. I usually edit a lot, too, but the female Bretons have wrinkles on their foreheads and those don't go away. I was a dark elf female mage and she looks formidable but mature. I am also an Imperial (I'm always a female mage) and she is pretty and young. Those are my two main characters. I made the Imperial to do the main quest and the DLC (which is due this summer, finally) but I'll have to wait to see what the DLC is about. I think it is called Dawnguard which doesn't give a clue.

Posted on May 11, 2012, 9:22:07 AM PDT
Hey all! I'm just popping in to say HI then I have to run. I have a good excuse tho - just had a baby, so I'm a bit busy. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 9:29:59 AM PDT
JJ says:
Wha-?! Congrats, Kindle!!! :-) Boy or girl?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 9:33:31 AM PDT
Girl. :) Gotta run now, but I'll try to check back later!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 10:04:34 AM PDT
Congrats! Don't forget to breathe!

Posted on May 11, 2012, 10:50:47 AM PDT
Congratulations! You have at least one other child, right? One more just adds to the general chaos, or did so in my case.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 1:19:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012, 1:20:15 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Howdy.

Grocery shopping day, I'm...blegh. LOL
How's everyone's day going. Lurking nicely? :-D

Teresa,
:-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 1:21:29 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
JJ,
You wanna strangle people too? Awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 1:25:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012, 1:30:01 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Kindle-a.
A BABY?!!!! You've been a naughty girl, holding out on us. LOL

Congratulations!!!! Hope everything went fast and without complications for ya, and that you're now fully enjoying the new member of the family. :-)
Give the tyke a kiss from me...btw, boy or girl?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 1:25:28 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Aawwwww.

Posted on May 11, 2012, 1:57:39 PM PDT
I now know what I'm doing for Mother's Day. I will go see my Mom (who doesn't ever want to do anything - she's 87) in the morning and then I will go see Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows. It's a shame Jonathan Frid died a couple of weeks ago so he can't see his new incarnation. I was a big fan of Dark Shadows back in the day and still sometimes watch a few on NetFlix.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 2:02:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012, 2:02:39 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Sounds like a good plan. I'll be curious to hear what you think of Depp in Dark Shadows.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 9:54:44 PM PDT
JJ says:
Let's see...where was I??? Oh yes...the bear. I sneaked by him/her successfully. I actually have started sneaking a lot...I like it!

I was with the guy with the longer name and no O's in his name...he's on the imperial side...took me to his uncle who asked me to relay a message to a king or something, which I did. His Magician asked me to go get some scroll or something at the top of this really snowy mountain where I got attacked by bandits. This was when I discovered I can basically warp from place to place, lol. Anyway, my mace is pretty good at defeating bandits apparently. Anyway, I went inside the thing on top of the mountain to find what looks like a bandit camp. Sigh. I hid for a few minutes then made a run for it...back the way I came!!! LOL. That's today's experience. I suppose I'll play this one out on the imperial side. Besides the whole trying to chop my head off part, they're being really nice to me...plus, from what I can tell, they seem to be the ones in the right. They set some religion law that some people considered unfair, and when people disobeyed, they captured them, right? Then that rebel person killed a king to protest. I don't really know who's right, but why fight the empire...especially when we have a common enemy...the dragon!

I'm babbling a bit, though. I desperately want to follow the plotline, because I'm lost without it, lol. When I was exploring, I stumbled onto a fort, where I got chased by an angry looking man, and I was forced to kill him. Sigh. Plus, I don't have a clue how to find/use magic. Probably when I do find out how to use it, I'll prefer brutish force. Oh, I also found out that falling off cliffs actually can kill you. Oops.

The game seems to be very open-ended...am I reading that correctly??? The story can go several different ways, yes?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012, 10:24:15 PM PDT
The world is wide open to let you do whatever your little heart desires. One really important thing to remember is to SAVE OFTEN. The main quest involves the dragons. There is a civil war and you can take sides or not participate (I didn't). The outcome of the civil war affects many things. There are factions, there are side quests and sundry other things to do. At low levels you can die easily out in the wilderness and inside dungeons. To make exploring easier, take a carriage to each of the main holds plus Winterhold then you can fast travel there and use the town as a base for exploring. Magic is accessed with he B Button. Magic is on the left. You will see spells that you already have. Others can be bought as spell books from merchants or court mages like Farengar. You will also see at the bottom Magic Effects. Check that after battles against creatures and vampires to be sure you aren't diseased. I always made a habit of going to the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun for Arkay's blessing since it cures diseases and gives a health boost.

It's actually pretty easy to get down off of mountains by jumping from rock to rock but if you fall then you get the slow mo death tumble which is really kind of pitiful. Talk to everyone and have fun. I put hundreds of hours into it and only fried Alduin once.

Posted on May 12, 2012, 6:23:07 AM PDT
"and the beat goes on"

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012, 12:43:51 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Howdy you two. :-)
Wonderfully summery day in the yard.

Joyce,
Goes on where?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012, 1:46:19 PM PDT
Sonny & Cher say it's all in my mind.

The beat goes on, the beat goes on
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da

Posted on May 12, 2012, 1:56:45 PM PDT
Ray-Ray says:
I went to Anime Con yesterday and today.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012, 2:21:55 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Oh. Okay. If Sonny & Cher say it, it's gotta be true. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012, 2:24:35 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Hope you had fun, Ray-Ray.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  8123
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers