Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Fashion forum

Old men and Speedos

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 673 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2009, 12:57:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2009, 6:40:40 AM PST
Square Peg says:
Is there an age at which a man should stop wearing a Speedo-style swimsuit? I'm 50, I love to swim, and I am addicted to Speedos. I have, however, not worn one on public since i was in my early 30's. I have started swimming daily and would like to wear a Speedo. My body is okay--165 pounds, 5'10" and 34" waist, but I don't want everyone to stare at me. Then again, swimming in a Speedo makes me feel young, sexy, and alive. What should I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009, 2:14:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 25, 2010, 5:44:09 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 12, 2009, 2:25:37 PM PDT
Monos Deja says:
j/k

someone might complain if he worn nothing else
:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009, 3:39:52 PM PDT
Square Peg says:
Thanks for your response! I cannot explain how much I like wearing Speedos. When I was thin at one point I had over two dozen of them.

Posted on Oct 12, 2009, 3:59:29 PM PDT
NH guy says:
Bought three pair this summer. A little nervous about who I wear them in front of but the wife likes them and my daughter thinks I'm too old to be in any bathing suit. I love wearing them and since we live on a lake I get to swim alot. I now hate the trunks that hang down and stay wet and feel like I am wearing a pillow case vs the speedos. Also getting out of the outdoor hot tub this winter when we have company over that requires a suit will be much less chilly than the long wet trunk pants. I am 54 5'11" 160 lbs and never one to show off the bod but they are just so much more comfortable.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009, 8:29:55 PM PDT
Songbird says:
If you feel comfortable wearing Speedo's then do so. It makes you feel confident and attractive (something that I think is quite an attractive attribute for anyone)
Personally, I don't think anyone, no matter how hot a body they have, should (in my humble opinion)
I'm not trying to be mean spirited. The Speedo swimsuit just doesn't seen to do anything for anyone...except, perhaps, advertise ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009, 2:46:04 AM PDT
NH guy says:
I've heard the advertise concerns before but how is that any different than women in bikinis? Just an honest question. Isn't that a double standard that could be changed with time?

Posted on Oct 13, 2009, 5:15:44 AM PDT
Bryant Ward says:
Speedo's should be outlawed period.

Posted on Oct 13, 2009, 10:55:18 AM PDT
Craig says:
I like my thong Speedo

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009, 11:01:19 AM PDT
Songbird says:
I didn't suggested that bikini's are acceptable over Speedos.

The OP wanted to know if he should go back to wearing Speedos.
I said to wear his Speedo's with confidence (and I really hope he does ^_^)

I would imagine that he also wears them to decrease drag during swimming which would make it more effective over a pair of baggy swim shorts, but that's for him to verify.

I personally didn't think they were particularly attractive on anyone.

Looking~For~Comfort, perhaps double standards will change with time but not until society treats men and women with true "equality" not just lip service.

Have a good one!

Posted on Oct 13, 2009, 11:25:16 AM PDT
Square Peg says:
Songbird, I appreciated your sentiments. I have decided to wait until I lose 10 more pounds before showing off my body. It is a great incentive for me. I certainly understand how Speedos can be distasteful as they leave very little to the imagination. I believe that most Americans are conservative by nature and would prefer to see men in board shorts which conceal a man's form. I, on the other hand, who enjoy the human body, find Speedos to be exciting. In fact, it does not matter to me if the wearer is fit or overweight. I wish all men at my health spa were required to wear Speedos in the wet area. Finally, swimming long distances in shorts does produce more drag. The Speedo offers little resistance in the water.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009, 11:33:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 25, 2010, 5:43:41 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009, 11:47:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 29, 2009, 11:38:33 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009, 8:17:21 AM PDT
Craig says:
I'm 50, I'm not that brave so I have never worn it in a public setting. If I feel a need to wear something when I'm using my hot tub, like it's the middle of the day and my neighbors are in their back yard, I'll wear it then. My back yard is fairly private, but a person can see through a fence so i usually wont tub nude in the middle of the day

Posted on Oct 14, 2009, 3:08:36 PM PDT
Wonder Woman says:
I have to admit, I laugh when I see any man wearing a speedo, TMI for me!

Posted on Oct 19, 2009, 11:27:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2009, 9:47:45 AM PST
Square Peg says:
This weekend I spent hours on line looking at men in Speedos. I am totally obsessed with the look. I scanned Google, E-bay, and Amazon looking at picture after picture of men clad in the tight-fitting, incredibly sexy nylon and spandex bikinis. I bought one off E-bay and am currently bidding on three used Speedos from another guy my size exactly. I am also more committed than ever to my diet and losing 9 more pounds.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2009, 12:40:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 2, 2009, 9:42:28 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2009, 5:17:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2009, 6:41:55 AM PST
Square Peg says:
Hey Edward, it's great to hear from a man after my own heart--a lover of a smooth Speedo-clad body! Who knows, I am so anxious to wear a Speedo for my 1/2 mile swim that I might lose the weight in a month. I am very committed to it and pleased with my new body. I use Nair for Men for hair removal--have you tried it? I have not checked out Skinz yet, but I will. I belong to a Bally's in Miami. Are you close by?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009, 10:02:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 2, 2009, 9:43:11 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009, 11:39:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2009, 9:47:19 AM PST
Square Peg says:
Congratulations on your weight loss. I know how hard it is to lose weight. As I lose weight I become more self-confident. It is getting to be a huge boost to my ego. Today I won three Speedos on E-bay. I also bought another one (waist size 34") as an incentive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009, 2:08:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 25, 2010, 5:43:27 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009, 5:22:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2009, 9:49:26 AM PST
Square Peg says:
I agree Edward. I actually look forward to stepping on the scale every morning. (How sick is that?) I hope you are right about getting down to a 32 waist at 160. I am not sure that I can bring myself to wear a tiny piece of nylon fabric yet. When the day comes, I will post a picture of myself. Thanks for being a great on-line pal.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009, 7:15:53 PM PDT
GeorgeNJ says:
You might also want to check out www.skiviez.com for their selection of swim suits. Diesel has some nice ones. It's kind of late in the season, but Skiviez has good sales on past season items.

I belong to a club in a fairly conservative town, and I find that most guys use a speedo type suit for lap swimming. Ironically, it's the younger guys (when not part of a team) who seem the most shy about wearing speedo suits, and who tend to disparage older guys (ie those over 35!) who do wear them -- part of the snobbery of adolescence, I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009, 11:30:17 AM PDT
Edward says:
Thanks, George, for this information. I had never heard of skibiez.com. I went there and found great underwear. I'm glad to know about this site! This swimwear was not my choice of style. However, for those who wear them for lap swimming, they would be fine. I just find them to be too wide on the sides. I like a skimpier suit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009, 11:43:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 25, 2010, 5:43:14 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fashion forum (248 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fashion forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  673
Initial post:  Oct 12, 2009
Latest post:  May 11, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers