Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Why Amazon Prime sucks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 421 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2017, 6:28:28 AM PDT
Kyle Manning says:
Wrong!!! average Prime delivery on my last ten orders have been 5 days...i would have gotten that anyways with out prime...?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2017, 1:05:35 PM PDT
Agreed. This is very true with their ever shrinking Movie lists. Netflix, Starz and others are taking it over...?!! n

Posted on Jul 29, 2017, 1:02:12 PM PDT
Amazon, you are confusing me. I have been a loyal customer for several years (6 yrs.), movies and videos had been easy to find and able to save to your watch list, but with fire TV and kindle service has been confusing and unreliable. Now they have cut back on the most critically acclaimed and timeless movies, they are now being bumped to other movie apps, ie Starz, HBO, Showtime, and of course Netflix. Netflix is not bad, yet it will take time to get used to once you are on fire tv.

Posted on Jun 10, 2017, 10:10:04 PM PDT
I'm a Prime member for several years and just had a online chat with Amazon regarding a Prime shipment that was unexpectedly delayed. The rep said that it was USPS fault and USPS said it was Amazon's fault. The Amazon rep said that my consolidation prize was a free month of Amazon Prime (that I pay for on a yearly basis.) Anybody else experiencing this type of customer service? Just interested since I'm condersidering cancelling this ridiculous service.

Posted on Jun 9, 2017, 7:24:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 11, 2017, 1:10:13 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2017, 7:52:14 PM PDT
J.O.B. says:
The shipping times have become absolutely hideous. It is awesome ordering that new laptop and waiting a week before amazon even gets around to shipping it. Psyche. I am done with Prime and would not recommend it.

Posted on Mar 29, 2017, 11:35:54 AM PDT
BWH says:
Just cancelled my Prime membership after having it for many years. Now they are charging tax on top of the $99 fee. Not worth it anymore. Many orders the past year have not been delivered on time. The video streaming services are also inferior and not worth it.

Sorry Amazon, you've lost me as a Prime member. You're getting to bid for your britches.

Posted on Mar 27, 2017, 6:19:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 27, 2017, 6:22:49 AM PDT
MrsVisich says:
All I wanted was a delivery when promised so I chose Amazon Prime a few years ago because, at that time, they delivered when they said they would. Now?...I have to be vigilant in waiting for my order! Yet they have no problem in charging my CC for my membership fee. That Amazon does quite quickly. And it's not just one instance. I've complained more than once and was given a half a$$ed answered by their PR lacky about how inventory is sometimes not there. Really? Then don't label items as PRIME (and, no, it did not indicate on the web page that the item(s) were not available) if they can't be delivered within a major metropolitan area in less than 3 days. Now I'm debating on dropping my PRIME membership and going back to old school shopping.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2017, 8:13:20 PM PDT
rich says:
Amazon prime sucks because the supposed free library has dried up so they can soak you more $ for unlimited where all the decent books now are offered. Free shipping used to be a unique value but now almost everyone offers fir any reasonable value purchase (not $3.99 you cheapskate) and at holidays. I've had it since it was first offered and just canceled auto renew. I will not renew if they don't start offering readable books again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2017, 12:10:03 PM PDT
Earl C. says:
Prime Sucks !!
Two years ago, when they wanted to attract prime customers, Primes 2 day delivery meant that you would have it in 2 days. Not anymore. You would think that they would give a rats ass but noooooo, not anymore. Now you are lucky to get it in 4 days. Give them a call and you talk to someone who can't speak English and the phone connection sucks big time.
Amazon in my opinion is going to ruin the one niche that they created and built their name on and I will become a prime member of the past.

Posted on Mar 2, 2017, 4:51:07 PM PST
Libsy says:
Lately Prime just sucks big time. I have been using it for years, but many of my friends have told me of their dissatisfaction as of late. Just today I had a major issue, and had to spend nearly two hours on the phone on a work day to try and get a package delivered on time with UPS. They were totally incompetent (both UPS and Amazon) and offered no real solution. Why am I paying $99 for Prime? Walmart never messes up and I can get things shipped for free without any membership. Prime is just going downhill fast. Full of excuses and they just don't cut it anymore.

Posted on Feb 13, 2017, 5:51:04 PM PST
Billy says:
I've had prime for a couple of hours now. Prime benefits are difficult to find and the value is not clear. the free shipping is obvious but walmart matches that. very few kindle books and movies are actually free and those are tricky to find. I would like to see a separate UI / webpage exclusively for prime members. I'm heavily invested in Amazon but I'm wondering if that's a good idea after experiencing prime. I'll continue to use it and I may change my mind, but my initial thoughts are that this is a non-event.

Posted on Feb 6, 2017, 9:21:11 PM PST
No decent movies - at least shipping is free but Prime movies suck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2016, 5:03:16 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2017, 5:34:43 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 21, 2016, 10:40:30 AM PST
jones says:
Amazon locked me out of my account and i was just trying to cancel my prime and i have no way of accessing my accout what a load of BS

Posted on Dec 4, 2016, 4:17:22 PM PST
Jerry says:
I suddenly can't play any prime music on my iPhone. no one to contact no one to help. the prepackaged answers online describe methods that are blatantly impossible to fix ("go to menu", but there is NO menu on the app to go to!)
This seems to be the simplest of things that prime provides, but it doesn't provide any music at all.
It's like have one fly in your soup- you don't want to eat any of it.

Posted on Oct 13, 2016, 1:00:50 PM PDT
because order in wednesday it arrives till monday... back in the day it will arrive on friday and with out prime.
Rrime movies it's a joke. I gladly would change all of prime "perks" for real 2 day shipping.
for movies I use netflix for music spotify.all of these services are subpar in amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2016, 7:46:18 PM PDT
V. Beckham says:
Jeff Bezos has lost the magic. Too many fake products, lousy customer service and broken guarantees. My last three orders have been late. Customer service is a joke unless you like dealing with foreign accents. On my last order I was told at 8:30 pm to wait 1-2 hours for a supervisor to call me back. I laughed, told the girl to cancel my order and was told she could not and I would have to return the item after delivery. I told her no, that if it was delivered I would put the box on the street. We'll see. I just went online and cancelled Prime. No more Amazon.

Posted on Aug 7, 2016, 1:13:49 AM PDT
Robert D. says:
So many amazon employees, so many amazon prime accolades!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2016, 8:10:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 16, 2016, 8:14:26 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2016, 8:09:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 16, 2016, 8:14:34 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 16, 2016, 7:24:54 AM PDT
RP says:
Amazon Prime is now a masquerade.
50% of the Items that I have ordered in the last four weeks has no arrived on time. When checking on the last item this morning the CSR said it would be one to two months.
When I ask about there Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Fine Print they said it did not count because the product was not in stock.
It would be nice if someone with deep pockets could peruse a class action.

Posted on Jul 15, 2016, 4:40:27 PM PDT
Compugeek says:
so so soooo many times you DO NOT get your stuff in 2 days. sometimes a week. CS says it is only 2 days from the time they actually ship it, so it can be WHENEVER....

Posted on Jun 2, 2016, 5:47:26 AM PDT
Ben says:
Prime as a whole has devolved into something that I no longer want because it just doesn't "deliver" on its promises. 2 day shipping is no longer even a thing...which is all that I want prime for. I am going to cancel prime until 2 day shipping returns to the way it was. Most other sites now offer free shipping so paying $100 a year for something I get for free elsewhere is no bargain. Not only have you lost a Prime member (since its inception) but most likely a shopper also.

Posted on May 10, 2016, 4:57:54 PM PDT
Sometimes when I watch a movie on prime I like to read information on the movie. Prime sucks at getting release dates wrong. It seems like not too difficult a task to get the information correct. Other than that it's worthe the money.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  285
Total posts:  421
Initial post:  Apr 28, 2011
Latest post:  29 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 39 customers