Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Ebay vs Amazon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 29, 2012, 10:44:40 PM PST
Kevin S. Zic says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012, 7:53:54 PM PST
Swedey says:
I never buy from self-promotors on Amazon, there are enough vendors who follow the rules.

Very rarely do I buy home decor items online, I prefer to see them. I usually prefer American made. Better yet, handmade.

I always check prices between several vendors, including making the item myself where applicable.

Posted on Feb 26, 2012, 6:40:53 AM PST
A. Freimann says:
The one thing about buying on eBay is you can often find free shipping. If only Amazon would allow that without forcing Amazon Prime! I mean, finding free shipping on eBay does NOT cost $80 per year.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012, 3:27:43 PM PST
Asuigeneris1 says:
I am a minimalist, I only decorate with candles, plants, a few prints, interesting lighting and water fountains....enough for ambiance and nothing beyond, I don't want to be some old women with thimble/figurine collections. : P

Not even hip on much in the way of furniture, more tabletops or bookcases...the more junk people have, less is best.

...far less stressful to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012, 5:09:40 PM PST
Ellie Hunt says:
I love my amazon prime. Do the math .. eighty purchases equals $1 per order. Best bargain in America.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012, 5:39:42 PM PST
A. Freimann says:
Oh there's no question at all that it's a fabulous deal! It's just for some of us (like me) an $80 hit at once is somewhat of a hard hit to take, that's all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012, 6:41:35 PM PST
Match up with a student (with an "edu") account and get one year of prime free!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012, 8:45:00 PM PST
NellieRose says:
Is that true?! *poor college student who would love this*

Posted on Feb 29, 2012, 8:24:48 AM PST
CindyD says:
The starter of the thread, Kevin S. Zid, is NOT interested in your Decor thoughts.

He put a link up to HIS website to sell HIS items outside of the online stores he listed to gain attention. Just another person who is getting around the rules by posting a bogus question.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012, 5:26:20 PM PST
LOL-
Thank you for pointing that out. I was one of the idiots who went to his link. I did NOT make a purchase but I was thinking that he was some sort of designer.
LMAO@me.
I seriously doubt that anyone would purchase any of his wares as most of those things (at least on page one) don't appear to be of any great value.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012, 7:48:31 PM PST
Asuigeneris1 says:
Duh...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012, 12:18:47 AM PST
CJC says:
Generally free shipping on eBay comes with increased buy out prices. I order several things a month from Amazon as their prices are unbeatable and I pay no sales tax. The 80 dollars a year for free 2 day shipping is an excellent value even with out the video service. Try to find free 2 day shipping on eBay and let me kow how that works out for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012, 3:17:19 AM PST
Asuigeneris1 says:
There are few things in this world, that I need in two days anyway : P

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 12:51:28 PM PST
N. Gonzales says:
There is UP's and DOWN's to both sites, i'm an established seller on both, and I personally prefer to sell on AMAZON. Since EBay's fees are just ridiculous at times, but I guess it does depend on what your selling and buying =)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jan 29, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers