Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Gifts for the Rich?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012, 1:44:03 PM PDT
Miss says:
I have an Uncle that has a lot of money and I never know what to get him that he doesn't already have? Can anyone help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012, 7:54:16 PM PDT
Instead of buying him something why don't you do something with him

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 10:02:06 AM PST
FlyingAce says:
tickets to a show/sporting event/movies in his area
gift card for dinner

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 12:06:23 PM PST
K. Bierstein says:
Don't give gift cards to the wealthy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 12:27:07 PM PST
FlyingAce says:
Oh so what is your awesome suggestion then? Or are you just here to criticize me for being helpful?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 7:33:38 PM PST
fong01 says:
Give a gift in his name to a charity, like Heifer International or Samaritan's Purse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:44:12 PM PST
Swedey says:
A homemade or custom made by you item.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 10:25:27 AM PST
Peachy says:
Hello, I have two wealthy nephews...they do not want anything...I have made donations to charities in their names, I bought them lottery scratch tickets, they are also wine collectors....there are many fine wines out there for very reasonable prices, one year, when they were in their 20's...I had no extra money...so, I did have some handsome writing paper...I wrote them each a beautiful letter...how much they mean to me...how much fun they were when they were toddlers, specific things that I liked and respected about them...they loved it!

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 6:55:05 PM PST
Nirmak says:
Maybe an EDC "every day carry" Flashlight like the Preon 2 by four sevens

Here a fantastic review by Nutnfancy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YvBLRJX0jk

It's typically a great item because its very useful. Another great penlight might be the stream light stylus pro which is around $20 "about half the price", You can also look look up a review on this by nutnfancy.

The reason I think this is a great gift for someone with wealth is because even though it doesn't cost a lot of money its extremely useful and its an item many people with or without wealth would over look!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012, 5:42:37 PM PST
Lucy Liu says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 23, 2013, 8:24:48 PM PDT
Diamond Candles

I just bought my first candle and I am dying to see which ring I get inside. This is a REALLY great ideas to give to that special girl/girls in your life! They are perfect gifts for friends and family. I figured I would save all my other friends out there in the world a chance to save $5 on a wonderful gift for themselves or someone else they love! The unknown is killing em and I can't wait to get mine to burn it and spell it and find out which beautiful ring I get!

http://my.cndl.es/x/vKtN8

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013, 10:59:13 PM PDT
Caryatid says:
Peachy, that is a lovely idea! What a nice thing to do for your nephews.

To the person who wanted to get a gift for a wealthy uncle: It is a good idea to do what Peachy suggested, but if you don't have a lot of memories like that, or don't feel comfortable writing a long letter, there were two other good suggestions. Spending time with your uncle was one of the ideas, and that is a great one.

The other was getting him a gift card. I don't think that is tacky or bad, because everyone appreciates cash. Also, if you do that, you know that he can get some benefit from your gift. If you give him something that he doesn't need or want, that isn't as good. Of course, if you know for certain that he likes a particular charity very much, or even a hobby club e.g. something for amateur radio fans, or a municipal range or The Shriners or such, then that would be good too, to give a donation in his name. But if you are not certain, go with the gift card instead.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 6:51:23 PM PDT
Petagadget says:
Does he enjoy barbeque? You could buy him http://www.petagadget.com/gadget/stake-all-in-one-bbq-tool-30/ or http://www.petagadget.com/gadget/rib-o-lator-barbecue-rotisserie-100/ ... or maybe he loves wine and you could buy him some pretty unique decanter http://www.petagadget.com/gadget/dragon-wine-decanter-520/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers