Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Health forum

Unvaccinated children/adults health history

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5951-5975 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 7:05:23 AM PDT
DeDona says:
Lol. This coming from someone who uses scienceblog.com and quackwatch.com to self educate herself. Lol. I see you managed to contaminate this forum to.
Your reply to DeDona's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 7:13:07 AM PDT
DeDona says:
Really? I breastfed all three of my girls and they have no known allergies. It's also very important to feed them healthy nutritous foods as well as supplements to keep their immune systems strong. I juice for them daily to. Got to keep them away from those satisfaction desserts. :p

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 7:15:59 AM PDT
DeDona says:
Don't forget hypocritical.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:38:54 AM PDT
apriljeff says:
lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:43:11 AM PDT
apriljeff says:
umm anecdote and hypocritical?? huh

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:45:00 AM PDT
apriljeff says:
If you feed healthy nutritious foods, they don't need supplements.. You proved my point. Breastfed, bottlefed= no difference...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:52:18 AM PDT
apriljeff says:
ask me anything, I'll be more than happy to give you facts from legitimate sites, even if I know the answer already...Those 2 sites you mentioned, they use legitimate sites to back them up also. Come on, try it...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 11:18:51 AM PDT
Apriljones- earlier this year the AMA or AAP made a public announcement that indeed the choice in what you feed your baby DOES matter, that formula is NOT the equivalent of breastmilk. They pretty much called it an important health decision

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 11:33:03 AM PDT
apriljeff says:
You just hide them in your underwear drawer and gorge after they've gone to bed, don't you?? You just keep talking about all those ooey, gooey, yummy desserts! Now, just go eat it.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 11:47:54 AM PDT
J. Galligan says:
Yes, April as a contaminator is well said. It's called stuck on stupid.............

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 11:54:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012, 12:09:28 PM PDT
DeDona says:
Ha! What pure and utter nonsense! It's clear that you have limited education when it comes to nutrition. Then again, considering where you get your sources from(scienceblog and quackwatch), it's very understandable. As much as I feed them nutritous foods they still don't get enough vitamin intake and omega 3. All three of them are light eaters and some foods they prefer cooked then raw such as broccoli and brussle sprouts which you know kills off the enzymes when heated. This is a couple of reasons I choose to give them supplements. I guess there's a reason for why my kids have no allergies and yours do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 11:58:57 AM PDT
DeDona says:
"Stupid is as stupid does" Mr. Forest Gump

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 12:08:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012, 12:14:58 PM PDT
DeDona says:
apriljones says:
Breastfed, bottlefed= no difference...
There is a reason for why formula comercials constantly point out that their formulas "are like" breastmilk. I think your biased views are interfering with your common sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 12:13:12 PM PDT
Vsandiford says:
April, no room in your mouth for your wisdom teeth is probably an indicator of poor nutrition -- either yourself or, more likely your mother or previous maternal generation. Everything has to do with nutrition. Maybe some children are more vulnerable to the effects of either the vaccine or the preservatives in vaccine because of poor nutrition.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 12:18:56 PM PDT
DeDona says:
Yes oh wise Google Queen. I bow down to you. <<gagging>>

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 12:29:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012, 12:30:30 PM PDT
DeDona says:
This is one reason why I chose not to have my newly born babies vaccinated. Every baby should have a chance to build up their own natural immunity. Besides, they were all getting enough antibodies from my breastmilk anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 12:33:43 PM PDT
Not necessarily. The human is "evolving" because we no longer need wisdom teeth. Some have them but not enough room for them, others (like me) are lucky and never get them at all. Some only have 1, 2 or 3 of the four. It's called micro-evolution. In one of my high school classes only about 3/5s of us actually had all 4.

Considering the buds for the future teeth are present at birth, it would have to be maternal nutrition IF it had anything to do with nutrition. I doubt my mother was so nutritionally deficient that mine just never formed, yet I had no major problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 1:35:22 PM PDT
Vsandiford says:
Amanda, possibly a genetic change. Possibly a nutrition deficiency of a large segement of the population.

Check out Weston Price's, "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" - a classic. Also the research on cats by Pottenger (google it). People eating traditional diets have room for their wisdom teeth to grow in. When humans started eating processed foods and got away from their traditional native foods, in future generations changes in the jaw appeared causing teeth to be crowded, they develop dental caries (cavities) and there is not room to accomodate wisdom teeth.

This is not from "mercola.com" or from anecdotal evidence. This is respected scientific data.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 1:35:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012, 1:41:33 PM PDT
You know, Lesli...From reading your comments throughout, it seems you are already biased against vaccines and therefore any info that says the vaccines are good will just go through one ear and out the other.

DON'T START A POST IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO LISTEN TO A SIDE CONTRARY TO YOUR BELIEFS.

My daughter has received all the recommended shots. She is 4 years old, and has had 2 ear infections, some colds (only really started once she started daycare), and a few other illnesses (we are currently going through a bout of Hand, Foot, Mouth disease (WHICH IS VIRAL). She has been exposed to Chickenpox, but since she had the vaccine, never caught it.

BTW, Neil Z. Miller is not even a scientist, only a researcher. Russel Blaylock is a conspiracy theorist that 1: has never done any studies on ANYTHING, including vaccine safety, 2: Claims that vitamin supplements (Brain Repair Formula is his product) will prevent Dementia and Alzheimer's, and 3: Claims the Soviets were responsible for creating widespread drug usage and other health epidemics in America.

Sources for 2 and 3: http://www.newportnutritionals.com/ http://w3.newsmax.com/newsletters/blaylock/issues/sept09bwr/blaylock_sept09bwr_63.pdf

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 4:21:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012, 4:22:51 PM PDT
Darks: "On that note, my mother uses homoeopathic remedies on my autistic sister. Shes 10, I think."

You're not sure how old your sister is?

Darks: "She responds well to them, we find. The likelihood of the homoeopathy having a placebo effect on her is very small, considering the fact that my sister has absolutely no idea what the little sugar pills are for."

And you can't fathom that _your_ interpretation of the effect of a homeopathic preparation could be subjective?

At least homeopathy (magic water) isn't going to harm children, assuming the water itself isn't contaminated. The same can't be said for other treatments that are inflicted on children believed to be "vaccine-damaged" - chelation, chemical castration with Lupron and the latest form of child abuse, bleach enemas.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/bleaching-away-what-ails-you/

Remember, these are the same people who go on ad nauseam about "toxins" in vaccines, but think giving children bleach enemas is the way to go.

By the way, antivaxers just got some badly needed tactical support. Nope, not from NaturalNews, an Italian court or VAERS - instead, it turns out that the Taliban is on your side.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/world/asia/taliban-block-vaccinations-in-pakistan.html

Yep, vaccination is just another of those evil Western plots against right-thinking folks.*

*the claim that the CIA could use vaccination for espionage is truly idiotic, seeing that needles used for vaccination could be disposed of by authorities to prevent any subsequent use for DNA testing (which is what was supposedly intended earlier to help track down Osama bin Laden). The Taliban is using this excuse to punish their own children in hopes the West will be blamed. Truly sick, but no sicker than much of what we hear from antivaxers in supposedly more enlightened countries.

Speaking of which, thanks to Brian for being the second hardcore antivaxer to respond to questions about vaccine effectiveness and safety - confirming that he too opposes every single vaccine currently on the pediatric schedule and can suggest no level of safety that would make vaccines safe enough for him. Yet another "unbiased" antivaxer.**

**I am concerned however that Brian appears to concede a degree of historic usefulness to the tetanus vaccine (though he wouldn't give it to any kids now, for some obscure reason), and maybe the rabies vaccine. He's liable to be drummed out of the antivax corps for lack of purity.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 8:01:28 PM PDT
"And you can't fathom that _your_ interpretation of the effect of a homeopathic preparation could be subjective?"

It certainly wasn't with her brother who had severe Eczema all over his body and when he started homeopathy it disappeared and hasn't come back. It also wasn't a placebo effect either as we weren't expecting this result, his remedies were for undoing the damage caused by his vaccines, not for treating his Eczema.

"Speaking of which, thanks to Brian for being the second hardcore antivaxer to respond to questions about vaccine effectiveness and safety - confirming that he too opposes every single vaccine currently on the pediatric schedule and can suggest no level of safety that would make vaccines safe enough for him. Yet another "unbiased" antivaxer.**"

What exactly is the point of this Andrew, you have to be one of the most biased people on here, yet you want us to look like we are the only ones on here with biases?

What is wrong with having a different opinion to yours on vaccines? People have different religions yet we are taught to respect other people's beliefs and views, and not to ridicule them because of it. Do you lack the maturity to be able to do this?

A lot of people on these forums are here because they or their children have either died or been injured by vaccines, should they not be heard, do their children not matter? Or are they are just acceptable collateral damage to your precious herd immunity? You post all of these stories about children dying from childhood diseases which are truly devastating, yet you basically dismiss our children's stories as anecdotal and meaningless, why is it that their children are worthy of sympathy and respect yet our children are not?

If vaccines were linked causally with Autism (1 in 88) and neurological disorders (1 in 6) would that be enough for you to say that we should stop vaccinating? What if childhood cancer and autoimmune disorders were also linked, would that be enough for you to change your views on the benefits vs risks? What kinds of risks are acceptable to you with vaccination? Please answer so we can all gauge just how "unbiased" you really are?

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 10:27:43 PM PDT
Francis C. says:
30yr old male, breast fed as a child, never vaccinated for anything. I travel a lot and have been all over Europe and South America (and I don't stay in the 5 star hotels). I also have a very bad (and frequent) habit of chewing on my fingers, so I get exposed to A LOT of crap I shouldn't be.

I am quite healthy, with zero maladies in any category. As a child I had a very strong immune system and always got over colds fast when I got em, but usually I never got sick. These days I only get sick if my body is under A LOT of stress, or other similar situations where my behavior is the likely culprit.

the only other contribution I can make to this discussion is to note that a friend of mine, 4 years younger than me, was a very healthy and perfectly normal 6 year old until the day she got a certain vax (I don't remember which). She's had mild autism ever since. Take it for what you will.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:29:37 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
Wow can you get any more unintelligent? You do know humans have evolved, don't you? Probably not...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:30:08 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
Guess you couldn't think of a thing, figures...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:36:31 PM PDT
apriljeff says:
That is NOT respected scientific data, sorry... imagine being told to feed your child bone broth and sea salt, raw milk, butter, bone broth, and chicken liver pate, and limiting their intake of fruits and vegetables..crazy, right?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Health forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Health forum
Participants:  819
Total posts:  7261
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 44 customers