Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Customer Discussions > History forum

Zombies in History

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 7:26:52 AM PST
vvv says:
The Walking Dead is Musselman in German and what the concentration camp prisoners were called according to PIEPEL. Hitler's G.I. Death Camp describes the prisoners as zombies.

So when we see scary zombies in The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season, we don't realize that physically they resemble concentration camp victims.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:22:01 AM PST
I apologize, you misunderstand me. I doubt there is a logical reason as to why that highway was filled with cars with dead bodies EXCEPT the writer got lazy and forgot his story world. That's kind of a BIG mistake to make and really hard to backtrack and explain. They should have MADE SURE to show head trauma or however they justified it ~

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:19:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 6:29:20 AM PST
Actually, I've not read that, but I'll have to make a point to... Sounds fascinating!!! I know there's a movie of that same name that I've been meaning to see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:18:11 AM PST
I fully acknowledge my mind may not be as well as I would hope... a tad on the sick side, perhaps....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:17:07 AM PST
I'm jealous

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:36:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 5:38:11 AM PST
W.T. Keeton says:
The real history of zombies is actually very interesting (more so than the fictionalized versions, frankly, if not nearly as spectacular).

The Serpent and the Rainbow

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:08:11 AM PST
That's what I'm saying, there could be a very logical reason there are dead bodies in the cars. With all the chaos of people running from a major city, accidents happen, and people die in their cars. The turn, and others kill the zombies as they struggle to get out since they can't undo their seatbelts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:03:48 AM PST
You slow mo and rewind.....

.....and I've got a sick mind?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:02:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 8:19:19 AM PST
I've got a replica (I hope) of the lament configuration.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:56:22 AM PST
Actually, and I'm no mathematician, but what are the odds of EVERYBODY there having the necessary head trauma to prevent them from returning as a zombie. And I did look pretty closely ~ the magic of a DVR (rewind and slow motion) ~ NOBODY appeared to have been "chomped" on... And considering a zombies lack of coordinated hand control, IF they had turned, wouldn't they still have been stuck in the car, secured with a seatbelt?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:53:40 AM PST
It took a sick mind to think of pinhead and his cenobites... lol ~ I did love the puzzle box though...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:29:01 AM PST
My monster of choice is Pinhead and his cenobites.

Sometimes if its too real it's harder to watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:04:57 AM PST
Its not so hard to believe some people were killed in their cars, zombiefied and unable to undo their seatbelts, and then killed by other survivors.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:46:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:50:21 AM PST
DarthRad says:
For serious zombie survivalists, here is a book for you:

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

And for gun enthusiasts, here is a forum to discuss zombie survival weapons:

http://www.amazon.com/These-Weapons-items-will-killed/forum/Fx5EGIX0LNG17Y/Tx3F28BYDJ2BOUD/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=1400049628

The calibers I would choose would be a .223 (longer range, get them at a distance), and 9mm (both calibers are very common, especially in police and military armories, which might be the only outposts left in a Zombie Apocalypse) and probably a 22lr revolver, because you can find 22lr in most Walmarts and sports stores that sell them, and in the more rural areas, they are very common. And you don't want to become dependant on magazines.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:33:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:37:58 AM PST
JagdTiger says:
There is that new zombie film with a twist..."warm bodies"...coming soon.

A cure has been found!.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:16:52 AM PST
Yea ~ not a fan of that ~ Hubby watches though ~ He likes... I prefer total fiction for my entertainment... My monster of choice is a witch, then maybe vampire, then ummm, perhaps werewolf, then I guess zombies... but, if I can think of another monster, it would rank before zombies...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:56:27 AM PST
WR, I just remembered another series by the makers of "Walking dead" called "Hell on wheels".

No Zombies, though.

It's more real than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:44:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 12:44:43 AM PST
You are confused.

The traditions of "The Club" reach back into the dim dark past.

Practioners of its finer arts gather on the Humoristians thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:36:23 AM PST
Actually, I believe I'm the founder of that club... But, I can't be sure... Trying to recall the details of whether or not I created that club, confuses me...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:32:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 12:32:51 AM PST
As Joe Walsh would say, "Welcome to the club".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:24:19 AM PST
I am so confused... lol ~

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:22:53 AM PST
Woah, Rainlover are you glad you got that off your mind?

You must remember "Dead skunk" by Louden Wainright

Crossin' the highway late last night
He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right
He didn't see the station wagon car
The skunk got squashed and there you are!
You got yer
Dead skunk in the middle of the road
You got yer dead skunk in the middle of the road
Stinkin' to high Heaven!
Take a whiff on me, that ain't no rose!
Roll up yer window and hold yer nose
You don't have to look and you don't have to see
'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory
You got yer
Stinkin' to high Heaven!
Yeah you got yer dead cat and you got yer dead dog
On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frog
Got yer dead rabbit and yer dead raccoon
The blood and the guts they're gonna make you swoon!
You got yer
Stinkin' to high Heaven!
C'mon stink!
You got it!
It's dead, it's in the middle
Dead skunk in the middle!
Stinkin' to high heaven!
All over the road, technicolor man!
Oh, you got pollution
It's dead, it's in the middle
And it's stinkin' to high, high Heaven

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:01:07 AM PST
And how in the world does a zombie sneak up on you? Seriously ~ I can be driving on the highway, with my windows rolled up and literally GAG if I pass a dead skunk SOMEWHERE near the road. Now I realize, dead humans and dead skunks are completely different. And to be perfectly honest, I've never actually smelled a dead human (thankfully), but don't you imagine they would REEK? I'm not talking slightly offensive... I'm imagining highly repulsive.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 11:58:15 PM PST
And what is up with slow zombies and super fast zombies???? Why are some ridiculously slow while others seem to move at cheetah speed?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:56:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 11:57:25 PM PST
Well ~ spoiler alert ~ The graphic novels are VERY close to what the series follows. If you like the surprise, then wait until the series is over, THEN read the graphic novels... I stopped reading them when the series came out. But, I apparently am still further than whatever season I'm in. But, I think this season will catch me up...

But, I still have a problem with the inconsistencies. I have no problem with the "fantasy" of it all ~ I just wish the writing were more consistent. Example ~ if your already infected, (remember, everybody is) ~ then why is getting bit by them so bad if it's just tiny bite? Why can't disinfecting the area be enough ~ why does anybody bit, die? or have to die?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions