Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > History forum

Will Israel start World War III within the next 136 days?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 5:47:12 PM PDT
patrick says:
it would kill millions, even if it didnt kill millions in --Israel--.

you know what would happen next, if believed to originate in Tehren.
retaliation at least X10.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 5:49:22 PM PDT
patrick says:
they were airbursts, but nowhere near that high...

in the realm of 400-1500 feet, I think..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 5:51:45 PM PDT
patrick says:
are they?

in that case, maybe I will take another look...I was a little sceptical of the Soviet bogeymen coming to get us, of course, my own politics have changed since my teens...but I take the global muslims far more seriously as a malaise and threat than the Reds under my bed.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 5:59:55 PM PDT
patrick says:
It would appear that Iran is the only stable government in the middle east in spite of the Islamophobia being pushed

oh, I guess its 'stable"...frightful govts are as likely to be stable as good ones are, possibly more so.
oh, 'Islamophobia" eh, ok...lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 6:03:54 PM PDT
patrick says:
they interfere in the affairs of their neighbors every day in that region...they continually sprout rhetoric at Israel, while arming. That IS an attack, that IS a threat.

If I know my neighbor is an unbalanced ranting madman fixated on some strange feud with me of his own creation,
and then I hear he has applied for a gun license..I am entitled to join those dots.
Id have to act.
Not demand evidence of who he attacked last.
Who had your madman in Aurora Colorado attacked last?
Since no precedent could be found, obviously youd have had to conclude that he was quite safe to be armed.He never shot anybody b4.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 6:07:29 PM PDT
patrick says:
Russia and China have given strong warnings of reprocussions should Iran be attacked

this nonsense again.
What repercussions?
ie, what repercussions are Russia and/or China actually threatening from themselves.

Of course there will be damn repercussions if the Israelis go in.
It will hardly be a fging no news week, will it?
There are repercussions if Iran gains the Bomb. Dont you get that?
But I know you, you are the "Iranophile" who even finds Dinnerjad quite cute, a victim of western and Zionist smear.
Youre tripping, on every score.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 6:09:03 PM PDT
patrick says:
In fact many proclaim that Israel detonates their own explosions just to propagandize the Israeli public into a state of constant fear.Can you imagine an entire nation with PTSD?

oh, "many" claim that, do they?
Ive never heard of it b4, but Ive heard many lunatic claims paralleling it...they all come from the same old bunches!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 6:10:54 PM PDT
patrick says:
what Arab hate was taught in Israeli schools?

and why does this 'international pressure" you claim changed it, come to bear on Hamas and Hezbollah, and the brainless bile muck they telecast to their children?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 6:33:26 PM PDT
I seriously doubt Israel is faking incoming rockets just to terrorize their own citizenry.

Iron Dome is specifically designed to defend against short range rockets and artillery (fired from 4 to 70 km away) directed at population centers.

According to the Wikipedia article "Iron Dome":

After the IDF killing of Zohair al-Qaisi, the secretary general of the Popular Resistance Committees in Gaza on 9 March 2012, more than 300 rockets were fired on Israel. Some 177 fell on Israeli territory. The Iron Dome system had successfully intercepted at least 56 rockets (directed at population centers) in 71 attempts.

Israel also has the Arrow system for intercepting longer-range ballistic missiles. According to the Wikipedia article "Missile Defense Systems of Various Countries":

Arrow is considered one of the most advanced missile defense programs currently in existence.[3][4] It is the first operational missile defense system specifically designed and built to intercept and destroy ballistic missiles.[5][6] Initial operating capability of Arrow 3 is expected in 2014.[7] The first Arrow battery was declared fully operational in October 2000. Although several of its components have been exported, the Israeli Air Defense Command within the Israeli Air Force (IAF) of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) is currently the sole user of the complete Arrow system.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 6:33:52 PM PDT
Bingo.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 7:27:52 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
First Jews have to start with the small anti Jewish trolls too stupid to realize exactly what they are. Why not email them your address LAD?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 10:03:59 PM PDT
Diva says:
Lawrence A. Dickerson says:

Israel can't even defend themselves against rockets fired out of Gaza.The Iron Dome missile defense systems intercept approximately 50% of incoming rockets.

LMAO

As means of self defense Israel can erase Gaza in 2 minutes flat but you are gonna whine about it.
By the way, the Iron Dome system was 85% successful, that's why Obama authorized additional
680 million to continue developing it.
You are just mouthing your mega mug off and forgot to change your depend.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 10:30:15 PM PDT
Aluf B. says:
patrick:

It is day there when you receive my post.

Thanks for your post, it made me laugh...................... and laugh again.

Good night dear,

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 10:40:24 PM PDT
patrick says:
my pleasure..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 10:43:19 PM PDT
patrick says:
one wonders about these 'boob-quakes" they have in Iran..

why isnt every western beach filled with infidels with T&A spilling over everywhere , struck by a Mag 8 earthquake..?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012, 11:49:02 PM PDT
Lj3d says:
That's right. Because I'm not a psychic, prophet etc. I made the event up back in 04 and if it had happened, you would definitely have heard about it. Now if something like it occurred tomorrow, it still does not make me a prophet or psychic because I failed to predict it to the letter, and because I know I made it up.

A lot of people who claim to be prophets depend on the vagueness of their predictions not being questioned by a significant number of people. This allows the prediction to get more credibility and less questioning over time. I did a survey on prophecy in the mid 1970s and less than 20% could be said to have come anywhere near true and I made various allowances.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 6:07:47 AM PDT
Jeff Marzano says:
Lj3d says:

[A lot of people who claim to be prophets depend on the vagueness of their predictions not being questioned by a significant number of people.]

Well there's been many false prophets throughout history and they still exist today.

Nostradamus is a strange case. Some of his statements seem to indicate that he was seeing small glimpses of the future. But that information is combined with other statements that cannot even be interpreted. Then when people try to interpret them they get even more confused.

The book The Late Great Planet Earth gave a specific date for when Jesus Christ would return which I think was back in the 1980s. The book was very popular until the day after that date. But many people still view the author as a prophet.

To me Mohammed was a false prophet since he said things that contradict Christianity. How serious that is I don't know but it raises questions about a religion that is followed by millions.

Hitler was a prophet of sorts for the German people. He was presented to them as a sort of messianic figure.

Joseph Smith said he received tablets from weird angels or something along those lines. I guess he felt he was like Moses.

Warren Jeffs took the manipulation and brain washing of people to new and unimaginable heights. Jeffs is in prison now with no hope of ever being released. But yet his followers plan on erecting a gigantic statue of their beloved prophet on the grounds of their new so called church anyway.

It's a long list.

Abraham. Moses. Ezekiel. Jeremiah. Those guys were real prophets.

Jeff Marzano

<< Ezekiel 2:5 >>

As for them, whether they listen or not-- for they are a rebellious house-- they will know that a prophet has been among them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 7:24:06 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Actually the US wants the data from the iron dome because we want to use it at some of our overseas bases. If it were so bad then why would the US contemplate using it? And seriously what is LADs dumb point? It appears to be the only system that works and is far ahead of anything to date. Stupid LAD post that makes no sense, but of course nothing he posts makes any sense.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012, 7:30:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012, 8:30:01 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Most people attribute Islam to the followers of Abraham but there is no proof. When Mohammed began Islam the Arabs were all pagans and worshipped idols. If they were descended from Abraham they would have been monotheists not polytheists since they would have followed Abrahams ideals from his time dowm, but they didn't. Its a nice fairy tale. So when they state they are descendents of Abraham it doesn't appear to be true.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 8:02:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012, 8:03:00 AM PDT
Genetic studies have shown that Jews and Arabs are related.

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2009/01/shared-genetic-heritage-of-jews-and.html

...the genetics of Arabs and Jews have been pretty extensively researched. The classic study dates to 2000, from a team lead by Michael Hammer of University of Arizona. They looked at Y-chromosome haplotypes - this is the genetic material passed from father to son down the generations.

What they revealed was that Arabs and Jews are essentially a single population, and that Palestinians are slap bang in the middle of the different Jewish populations (as shown in this figure).

Another team, lead by Almut Nebel at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, took a closer look in 2001. They found that Jewish lineages essentially bracket Muslim Kurds, but they were also very closely related to Palestinians. In fact, what their analysis suggested was that Palestinians were identical to Jews, but with a small mix of Arab genes - what you would expect if they were originally from the same stock, but that Palestinians had mixed a little with Arab immigrants. They conclude:

We propose that the Y chromosomes in Palestinian Arabs and Bedouin represent, to a large extent, early lineages derived from the Neolithic inhabitants of the area and additional lineages from more-recent population movements. The early lineages are part of the common chromosome pool shared with Jews (Nebel et al. 2000). According to our working model, the more-recent migrations were mostly from the Arabian Peninsula...
So, as far as male lineage goes, the genetic story is very clear. Palestinians and Jews are virtually indistinguishable.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 8:27:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012, 8:36:48 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
There has to be some reason for the disparity between the achievements of the Jews and Arabs because I can't believe it is just culture, although culture may play a small part. When you consider that one fifth of all Nobel prize winners were Jewish, and the amount of everyday innovations and discoveries in Israel compared to the over 1 billion Arabs and their discoveries, somebody is doing something right, while somebody is doing something wrong. Maybe its time they focused on improving themselves, becoming democratic, getting rid of the religious leaders who preach hate and start working on the conditions that are keeping them down. They are not contributing anything to mankind and its time they started.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 8:40:00 AM PDT
Maybe the fact that the Jews were forced from their homelands and had to learn to live by their wits made them more interested in learning etc.

However keep in mind that during the European Dark Ages the "keepers of the flame" as far as science and math are concerned were Muslims. They made significant advances in math, chemistry, and astronomy.

Agree that a society where the highest form of education is becoming an expert on the Koran and its commentaries would tend to stifle progress in other areas.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 8:47:17 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Doesn't seem like they are going anywhere but down. Maybe they think they will take over Israel and use what they have built but it is flawed thinking. The major tech corporations are all looking to build branches in Israel but will take a hike if Israel is destroyed. Cisco, IBM, Motorola, Apple, Intel and many others are looking to increase their Israeli presence.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 8:53:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012, 8:53:46 AM PDT
Agree that if the Palestinians were to give up their attacks on Israel and desire to eradicate the Jewish state (not all Palestinians believe this way or do those things, of course) then at some point it might be possible for Israel to relax some of the restrictions on trade etc which limit Palestinian development, and foreign businesses might have more confidence that they could locate in Palestine without having to worry about war adversely affecting them.

It reminds me of the situation in the American South prior to desegregation. The unwillingness of white Southerners to give up their peculiar caste system was a significant factor in retarding the economic development of the South.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012, 8:57:29 AM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
With the high tech companies you need people with high tech skills and this is where Israel excels. I don't think the Arabs because of their poor education have those skills and if they do they go to the US.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  1879
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers