Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > History forum

The Evil Eye IX

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-209 of 209 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012, 8:40:57 PM PDT
Aluf B. says:
Cobalt:
:-)

Rachel
Your reply to Aluf B.'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 3:29:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012, 3:30:57 AM PDT
TN says:
Easter came from Ishtar, goddess of fertility => eggs and rabbits during the pagan celebration of Easter, which RCC later adopted or merged with Jesus' resurrection.

You ought to know more about history :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 5:51:49 AM PDT
Actually, Easter came from Hester. But, it's so close to Passover, I'm not going to raise a stink about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 9:32:37 AM PDT
Cember says:
It is obvious that the Jews are the group you are referring to, since you are quoting Stuart Littlewood. As I understand it, the all-powerful supernatural being chose the Jews as an instrument for getting out his message.

God did not elevate the Jews to any position of supremacy above all others any more than an advertiser sponsoring the Rachel Maddow Show is elevating HER (or MSNBC) to 'a position of supremacy above all others.

According to Islamic teachings, in the Koran (3:110), as translated by Yusuf Ali, 'Ye [Muslims] are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in God." It is the Koran that claims that Allah (SAW) ordains lying, treaty and vow breaking, brutal eviction, murder, and especially war to achieve the goal of Muslim temporal supremacy. If anyone turns God into an excuse to do evil, it is the followers of the Prophet (pfui).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 9:44:58 AM PDT
Cember says:
So why do you keep bringing up your 'granny tales' about Israeli spies dancing on the roof of a white van?

BTW, dancing on van-tops seems very unspy-like. Spies, at least according to the novelists, try to remain as inconspicuous as possible, in order to better complete their missions.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 10:07:19 AM PDT
Susanna says:
Oh is it on the roof now? I think that is a new development and a response to posters who challenged him on exactly how one dances inside a van, and how did some woman in an apartment manage to see them dancing inside the van.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 11:36:49 AM PDT
Cember says:
I don't think he's bright enough to follow a border collie.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 9:21:25 PM PDT
Aluf B. says:
TN;
Actually, Whatever I might know or not know about historical facts, makes it different from wishing the best to my friends.

If I am with you on the Islam forum, it is because of the violence. Were it not for that, I would respect that religion too.
MY goal is that they should respect me and my beliefs, so i am not going to knock down anybody's beliefs at all. Except that Jews did NOT kill Jesus.

Happy Easter, dear. If you don't celebrate that is also fine with me.

Rachel

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 9:29:22 PM PDT
Aluf B. says:
Cember:

Chag Kasher V'sameack= Happy Passover,dear.

As for LAD, well I think in this case the border collie might bit him. Woof!

Rachel
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  209
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers