Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Holiday Music forum

Jackie Gleason Christmas Special

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2009, 8:43:59 AM PDT
L. Ammon says:
I am desperately looking for a copy of a Jackie Gleason Christmas special. It's not a Honeymooners episode, but it's from his T.V. show. It was the poor soul traveling through different nursery rhymes. I believe it was from Christmas 1963.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012, 1:16:16 PM PDT
D. Ric says:
"The Jackie Gleason Christmas Special" "The Poor Soul in Christmas-Land (25 Dec. 1954)"
A Lot of People have been looking for this particular Christmas Special for years now.
I have been looking for it for at least 10 years. No one seems to have a copy of this
great masterpiece of the "Great One". If you come across it, please let me know!
It is one of the Best shows I remember seeing as a child, and from my annual search for this classic, I am not the only one who wants this TV Special.
onlineshopr@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012, 1:35:05 PM PDT
L. Ammon says:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Jackie-Gleason-Christmas-Special-1965-RARE--480481679

I bought a copy from this site. The quality is horrible, but it's better than nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 10:00:47 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2012, 10:11:58 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012, 6:53:21 PM PDT
I agree. Jackie Gleason's The Poor Soul in Christmas-Land is the "greatest". I wish I could find a copy on DVD or VHS. Can't find it anywhere and also have been looking for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012, 6:17:07 AM PDT
L. Ammon says:
Try the site I listed above (if it's still available). It lets you at least see it. Maybe someday it will get restored.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012, 10:43:33 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 1, 2012, 10:45:46 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 1, 2012, 10:55:04 AM PDT
L. Ammon says:
Unless there's a different special in 1963, it's not on the Christmas special from 1963. I don't remember this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012, 11:18:28 AM PDT
RSJ/Jake says:
I'm not at home so I will check my infor and get back. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Richard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012, 7:25:24 PM PDT
RSJ/Jake says:
Here's the info on the gleason xmas special 1963, in which frank fontaine sketch appeared. No mention is made of a Poor Soul sketch.

This is a historic film site and minimum charge for any material is 250.00, so I passed.

http://www.historicfilms.com/tapes/24100

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012, 8:29:03 AM PDT
L. Ammon says:
That's a really interested site! I bet the one you are looking for is his regular weekly show from Miami and the one I have is a special holiday show they showed every year. They both just happened to be from 1963. The one I have is no talking at all. The whole thing is the Poor Soul going from nursery rhyme to nursery rhyme. I remember it so well because I was about 6 at the time and taking dancing lessons, and it drove me crazy that all those little girls got to dance on his show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012, 8:54:43 AM PDT
RSJ/Jake says:
No. The linked xmas special is really a special one off. You can read the overall show description by the minutes on the right side,

I had seen Fontaine do his Chicken Licken routine on several different shows over the years at the time, but this was the one and only time I ever saw him do the little red riding hood routine.

RSJ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012, 12:53:15 PM PDT
L. Ammon says:
I've been playing around on the internet and realized I had the date wrong for the Poor Soul special, it's actually 12/25/65, not 1963.

Posted on Dec 4, 2013, 2:03:48 PM PST
martel says:
I have an old beta video copy from around 1986. It was as from a Detroit PBS telecast when I was living way up on Lake Huron. Our local cable company picked up the Detroit PBS channel. I NEED to transfer this to dvd, but my beta machine died a few years ago. I remember the colour being spectacular and hopefully the tape has stood up well as rarely played

Posted on Dec 4, 2013, 2:13:26 PM PST
L. Ammon says:
I found a copy of a copy of a copy somewhere on the internet last year. The quality is horrible, but it was better than nothing.

Posted on May 17, 2014, 2:52:04 PM PDT
Toy Geek says:
I, too, have been looking for a copy of "The Poor Soul in Christmas-land" for years. I have recently learned that there were 3 versions of this special: 1 in 1956 (B/W), 1 in 1965 (B/W) and then 1 more in 1966 (color). I remember seeing the '65 and '66 versions, but have never seen the '56 version. Would be nice for all 3 to surface, be restored, and released on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2014, 8:27:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2014, 8:31:48 PM PST
i want the poor soul christmas special that was recorded in color on miami beach. i was one of the singers on the show and i want a copy for my grandaughter. best christmas gift for a child that you could publish! the show was wonderful! please reply if you can help me...evexprima1@aol.com
I was on the l965 inBW and on the l966 repeat done in COLOR. Please tell me where to find these on DVD. evexprima1@aol.com

Posted on Nov 6, 2014, 8:45:47 AM PST
martel says:
Sent you an e-mail

Posted on Nov 21, 2014, 3:45:54 AM PST
J. Lackey says:
I too remember this back in the 60's. I cannot believe this is not on DVD. Also, the Jackie Gleason show episodes with crazy gugenheim. If anyone knows if this Christmas special will ever be released on DVD, please let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2014, 6:29:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2014, 6:31:00 PM PST
I have the show on dvd--quality is poor but watchable-sound is ok-better than nothing--I can send you the dvd for you to take to a professional to copy it---better than nothing---just pay postage to you and back to me--glad to help out---wonderful show--cant believe its not on dvd---merry Christmas=studranger@optonline.net-----email me

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015, 9:32:31 PM PDT
RSJ/Jake says:
Are you referring to the xmas special dec. 21, 1963, if so, I MUST have it...

Respectfully.

Richard jacobson, m.d.
adhddoc5@yahoo.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015, 9:33:07 PM PDT
RSJ/Jake says:
Are you referring to the xmas special dec. 21, 1963, if so, I MUST have it...

Respectfully.

Richard jacobson, m.d.
adhddoc5@yahoo.com

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2016, 4:09:54 AM PDT
J. Lackey says:
I remember this also and have been looking too. It seems that its not available on DVD or blu-ray. Also, cannot find his show with Frank Fontaine either.

Posted on Dec 7, 2016, 8:09:18 AM PST
Who has a copy of the sing in which Jackie Gleason sings about "the lights" in the 12 Days of Christmas?

Posted on Dec 7, 2016, 8:10:21 AM PST
Jackie Gleason sings about "the lights" in the 12 Days of Christmas, who recorded when? who published the song?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Holiday Music forum (81 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Holiday Music forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2009
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers