Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Humor forum

what is the funniest book/books you have ever read?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 726-750 of 788 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 19, 2012 12:23:12 PM PDT
D. Mcfadden says:
For me, the answer is simple. It's a political satire e-book by a writer for the huffpost, Steven Clifford. The book is called Fools And Knaves: The True Story Of My Historic Presidential Campaign It's only 99 cents! Check it out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:35:43 PM PDT
I really like anything by Sophie Kinsella and Cecilia Ahern. I love the chick lit genre. I just recently read And the Winner Is by Erin Brady and laughed out loud while reading that book.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:18:55 PM PDT
About a year ago I was reading Tim Dorsey's Nuclear Jellyfish: A Novel (Serge Storms) in a coffee shop and started laughing so hard that the waitress thought I was having a seizure and came running over to throw down the Heimlich manuever. I was pretty well behaved after that until I was at the same place recklessly drinking ginger ale while reading Sijin Belle's Big Chicken with predictable results and I'm not sure if they will let back into the Coyote Cafe.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 8:00:42 PM PDT
Jon Stewart's Naked Pictures of Famous People...I just love it! I've read it a few times and even used parts of the book in my theatre classes for monologues and things like that.

Crystal Smith-Connelly
Author of For I Am Zeus: A Collection of Plays About Greek Mythology
http://crystalsmithconnelly.weebly.com/

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 7:48:47 AM PDT
Anna Baker says:
UpHill, by Jody Overend. An over-the-top chicklit romantic comedy for the over 50 set.
Grungia, by Jan Drabek. A feast of silliness and ambassadorship in an emerging African nation.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 3:16:48 AM PDT
The Supply Chain Mong this story tickled me throughout. All i'd say is its not particularly well written in places, but a laugh out loud story of somebody who hates his job and messes everything up daily.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 1:03:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 14, 2012 1:06:36 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 1:07:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 14, 2012 1:07:28 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 1:09:43 PM PDT
Believer14 says:
The funniest book I've read in a long time is a new book "The 5 Greatest Spankings of All Time". See link below. I laughed out loud on nearly every page.

The 5 Greatest Spankings of All Time

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 4:39:31 PM PDT
Hy Feema says:
I don't know if anyone has recommended this yet, it's actually from 1995 by Children's Author, Gary Paulsen. I found the 1st half of the book belly laughing funny the second half was a bit more philosophical, but overall a great read. I given it, as a gift, many times and have always gotten profuse thanks for it. Basically it's about learning to run the Iditerod from scratch. Give it a try esp if you like dogs.
...L Rubens

Winterdance::The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod[Paperback,1995]

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 9:04:01 PM PDT
derlogi says:
The Danzig Trilogy: The Tin Drum / Cat and Mouse / Dog Years. by German author Günter Grass

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:22:22 PM PDT
le petomane
life in a putty knife factory,h. allen smith
lost in the horse lattitudes, h. allen smith
catch 22
oscar levant

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 2:45:35 AM PDT
Dancing Naked ... in fuzzy red slippers by Carmen R Rutlen. Love it!

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 2:46:34 AM PDT
 http://carmenrichardsonrutlen.com/

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 10:52:22 AM PDT
MH says:
Anything by Ann Coulter - laugh out loud funny.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 6:00:26 AM PDT
bookerish says:
Tyler Stoddard Smith's Whore Stories: A Revealing History of the World's Oldest Profession is part Monty Python, part Eminent Victorians, all hilarious. Also, found out that James Lipton from Behind the Actor's Studio was once a French pimp. This book is weird, informative and funny as sh*t.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:50:10 AM PDT
Brad Lusa says:
Me Talk Pretty Someday by David Sedaris

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 10:29:21 AM PDT
Naked by David Sedaris.

There were two chapters in particular. One was called "Tics", in which he describes how hideous and out-of-touch he was in his high-school days, complete with his faux-afro, Coke-bottle glasses, platform shoes (that he could never stay on, btw), and gold jewellery that was so heavy it was constantly throwing him off the platform shoes.

The other was called "Kin," about a book of erotica his sister had found. When he got to the part about being repulsed by the book (he was just entering his teens), not because of the content and deplorable acts the characters did with one another, but because there were so many typos, I thought I was going to cough up a lung. It's brilliantly-written and my favourite of his books.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 10:33:38 AM PDT
David Sedaris is pretty hilarious. Also Ben Peller's "To Live" series...he makes life in L.A. laugh out loud funny. Also, "Down and Out in Paris and London" by George Orwell is always good for a laugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 10:36:42 AM PDT
I didn't realise George Orwell wrote comedy. Or do you mean it's just so ridiculous it's funny?

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 10:55:08 AM PDT
It's about being broke, and as the old saying goes, Orwell uses laughter to cut trouble down to a size where you can look at it. Speaking of which, Dan Jenkins is pretty darn hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 11:04:40 AM PDT
Thank you C. Moore and Reader/Wrestler. In this long "discussion" thread, this is the first time I've seen two people actually conversing.

: )

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 1:57:45 AM PDT
dar35 says:
Not an all-time classic, but I just read a 50 Shades parody called 50 Shades of Brown. I thought it was very funny. Anyone who read the original and thought it was really lame would enjoy this one, I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 8:21:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 8:24:03 AM PDT
Read Dear Diary I'm Wasted by Alexander Strenger. It's about this kid at SUNY BINGHAMTON who used to get wasted and write degrading journal entries about all the girls he took home from the bar, and he did it while he was still drunk. This book had me laughing so hard I nearly peed on myself. Dear Diary I'm Wasted Dear Diary I'm Wasted

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 8:57:57 AM PDT
I just read a new book called Stung Hard and it was a riot. The author apparently skewers the Duggar family from 19 kids and Counting and buy, he sure nails them to the wall. There's practically a laugh on every page. Give it a try!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Humor forum (266 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Humor forum
Participants:  601
Total posts:  788
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 31, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 64 customers

Search Customer Discussions