Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Ipad forum

Suggestion for protection film for iPad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-49 of 49 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2011, 8:54:39 AM PST
B. Long says:
I just bought the Misho and it's Fantastic! It took about 5 seconds to put it on! It's guaranteed to not get bubbles (and it didn't), anti-glare, no fingerprints, no sticky surface, no need for water?, no lint got under it while applying. I paid a few bucks extra but it's worth it. Buy it...you won't be sorry!

Posted on Jan 23, 2011, 12:56:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 23, 2011, 12:57:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2011, 11:15:00 AM PST
T. Comes says:
Go with Wrapsol. It has a lifetime guarantee not to scratch and you can not even see that there is anything on the screen they also have a kit for front and back. I have put it on several Ipads now after they seen it on mine. Wal-Mart sells it and if you do not like it you can return it.

Posted on Jan 28, 2011, 9:34:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 30, 2011, 3:27:49 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 7, 2011, 8:02:48 AM PST
Bryan Collom says:
I have a Zagg screen protector. Its my second one(freak accident with a piece of glitter ruined everything). But the one I have on now is perfect. It protects my screen from everything. It takes about six times as long to acquire smudges than the actual screen. I installed it myself with no air bubbles at all. The one thing is. I requires patience. You HAVE to be patient when putting this thing on. Otherwise you doom yourself. But if you use the squeegee thing they give you very diligently the first few days. It'll be great. And I believe you do need a screen protector. I have an iPod touch. Without one. And just from in and out of my pocket there are a considerable amount of scratches on the screen. If you're going to shell out for an iPad. Pay the 20-30 dollars for a Zagg screen protector. They're definitely the best. Just YouTube "Zagg iPad scratch test"

Posted on Feb 7, 2011, 8:10:49 AM PST
Lazarus says:
I had a bad experience with a Zagg, and returned it. Too hard to put on, and you CANNOT do it without bubbles or prints.
In desperation I tried a redneck solution with surprising results. Clear contact shelf liner.
Goes on easy, you cannot get prints on it, and there is NO glare at all. There is however, a matte finish, rather than glossy, which is easy to see thru. Believe it or not, it is MORE sensitive to the touch screen, I think because there is no oily fingerprint residue to break the contact. It cost $4 for a huge roll of this stuff.
Trim around the edge with a single edge razor blade between the black border on the iPad and the aluminum frame.
The results and process, and cost of course, far out weighs the expensive Zagg. Try this, you may like it, and if you don't, you're out $4.

Posted on Feb 8, 2011, 5:35:08 AM PST
I have used both Zagg and BodyGuardz but prefer BodyGuardz. I use BodyGuardz my 2 ipods, 4-iPhones and iPad. I swear by them. Be patient applying and you get the hang of it. Bubbles..some but I have only had one case where they didn't disappear in a day or two. I am very tough on my iPhone when it comes to wear and tear and dirt. I replace my BodyGuardz every 8-10 months on my iPhone because of that. They also offer a nice discount for replacement and repeat business.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011, 10:47:22 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 11, 2011, 11:12:17 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2011, 9:18:17 PM PST
JDM says:
Get the Moshi. Hands down best screen protector. For the back (if you want protection), get the Incipio feather frost. For the full suite of accessories, get the Targus stylus and Rocketfish stand (from BBuy) for home use. I'm done shopping for accessories. Ok, the incase bonded canvas case (from the Apple store) for ultra-padded transport out of the house and the Speck pixel sleeve for around the house and you'll really be set--and done, period.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011, 2:15:31 PM PST
flowerchild says:
Thanks for your excellent and knowledgeable post. It's much appreciated as I am a new owner of an IPad!

Posted on Feb 13, 2011, 4:08:16 PM PST
Has anyone tried the Nanotech Coating? (spray-on stuff) It seems to have almost no press or reviews.

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 5:25:33 PM PST
LM says:
I have used my ipad so much that the oleophobic coating on the glass is wearing down. It is harder to get clean and almost impossible without some eyeglass cleaner.
My next ipad will get a protector. I can't recommend any one in particular because I haven't applied one yet but I think I'll go with the Moshi. It appears to be the only one that's almost impossible to mess up.

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 12:06:19 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 9, 2011, 2:23:39 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011, 7:54:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2011, 8:09:54 AM PST
flowerchild says:
Linda: I have had an Ipad since January. I know what you mean about keeping the screen clean. It seems any speck of dust or dirt is attracted to the screen. Well, I finally ordered a Moshi iVisor AG for iPad and I should receive it today. Was getting tired of constantly cleaning the screen and afraid that I would somehow scratch it! I'll come back here after awhile and let you know how this screen protector is working out!

~EDIT~ By the way, the reason I decided to purchase the Moshi was all the great reviews on its page!

Posted on Mar 18, 2011, 4:29:10 PM PDT
flowerchild says:
Okay, I've been using the Moshi iVisor AG for iPad for almost two weeks now. Extremely easy to apply if you make sure that your iPad screen is completely free of dust. You can see the screen easily through the iVisor without a problem and the stylus and/or your finger glides easily over the screen. I was a little hesitant prior to purchasing because of the price, but when you think about the cost of replacing the iPad due to neglect of the screen, it became cost effective. I am very happy that I decided to purchase this protection for a very expensive electronic.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011, 6:51:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2011, 6:57:35 PM PDT
Raven Wilder says:
I'm going to have to join with the "don't bother" crowd. The iPad uses Gorilla Glass, which is exceptionally scratch-proof and durable. A thin sheet of PET material or the 3M material used by Zagg (and Best Skins Ever, and a few other companies) isn't going to make a huge difference in protection, and it's going to change the experience of interacting with the iPad.

I put a Zagg skin on the original iPad, and it was OK... But with the iPad 2, I'm going without a screen protector and instead used the money to get a Squaretrade warranty with Accidental Damage coverage. If anything happens to the screen, I'll just have Squaretrade's coverage take care of it. Meanwhile, I'm using my iPad 2 without anything between myself and the screen, and it works a lot better than with the Invisible Shield in place.

Now, if you're using the Smart Cover (which I had, don't like, and don't recommend) then I would highly encourage you to put an Invisible Shield or Best Skins Ever on the back of your iPad, as the Smart Cover does nothing to protect the aluminum, and it is prone to getting scratched and scuffed.

Posted on Mar 26, 2011, 9:43:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 26, 2011, 9:47:09 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 26, 2011, 9:44:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 26, 2011, 9:47:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 26, 2011, 9:45:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 26, 2011, 9:46:28 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 26, 2011, 10:00:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2011, 10:03:42 PM PDT
Bo says:
I use Zagg also. I perfer to have Zagg employees install their screen protectors for me. They will make sure it is on right before you leave. Most malls have a Zagg kiosk. The iPad runs around $40 for screen only. The Zagg kiosks will honor lifetime replacement for small fee. For my iPhone they usually charge $5. I have had some kiosks replace for free without a receipt but I would recommend keeping your receipt and asking about the kiosks policy. They are franchised businesses with different policies. The Zagg screen protectors have a rubbery texture that some people dislike. I don't mind it. The important thing to remember with these screen protectors for your phone or iPad is to leave it on the device if there is any bubbles, damage or wear and return to kiosk and ask them to replace it. The first time you have one installed make sure you get full instructions on how to handle the device the first 24 hours to avoid problems with edges.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011, 7:26:15 AM PDT
flowerchild says:
Nix Cadavre: I purchased a Zagg shield for another system that I own and did not like it. In my opinion, it made the screen look very cloudy and when I needed to take it off, it pulled the whole entire screen up with it. Gorilla galss or no gorilla glass, I'd rather protect my $700 investment with one. I also took out the extra Apple Care protection plan!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011, 3:16:50 PM PDT
Regina says:
My recommendation is don't bother with a film. As long as you have a case, you shouldn't need one.

Posted on Mar 29, 2011, 10:51:44 AM PDT
i've had my ipad1 since day 1, in various cases, and even with a 5 year old daughter it still doesn't have a single scratch on it. the protective films are a waste of money in my book, unless you just don't take care of your stuff.

Posted on Mar 30, 2011, 12:05:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2011, 10:15:06 PM PDT
flowerchild says:
I'm still thrilled with my Moshi iVisor AG for iPad and have not regretted my purchase! I wonder what would happen to the iPad if my 4 year old grandson got a hold of it with one of his trucks. You folks really think that it's impervious to injury? I, for one, would rather not find out!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Ipad forum (45 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Ipad forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers