Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Judaism forum

End of the World Prophesies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2011 4:10:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2011 6:12:57 AM PST
paul best says:
The anointed prophets of God from long ago foretold many things concerning the future of this world. World = Epoch, an age, translated in the greek as AEON
Now with every country facing untold disasters, I think its time to confess we are now approching a critical stage for humanity's future sane, healthy, viable future.
Next year you will witness things which even the hardcore doubter will lay awake all night pondering the disasters unfolding all around his little island of self (ego) assuredness.
Please list some of the prophesies that strike deep into your soul which foretell of God's Wonders.
Every endtime prophesy is a cherished gem in my heart.
This is one I love immensely.
Isaiah 49:22
Thus said the Lord God:
I will raise My Hand to nations
And lift up My Ensign to peoples
And they shall bring your sons in their bosoms
And carry your daughters on their backs
Kings shall tend your children
Their queens shall serve you as nurses
They shall bow to you, face to the ground
And lick the dust of your feet
And you shall know that I am the Lord
Those who trust in My shall not be ashamed*

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 6:16:57 AM PST
paul best says:
*kings, queens, nurses*
*lick the dust*
*Ensign*.
anyone care to start a exgesis,
Allegorical/literal/ combination of both.
Near fulfillment/far away?
who will bow low to who?
why?
when?

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 6:23:48 AM PST
Lev says:
paul best says: "Next year you will witness things which even the hardcore doubter will lay awake all night pondering the disasters unfolding all around his little island of self (ego) assuredness."

Lev: Jews see no special significance in the year 2012, and the Jewish consensus is that no one can prophecy when Moshiach will come.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 8:29:26 AM PST
A. Caplan says:
Lev: Jews see no special significance in the year 2012, and the Jewish consensus is that no one can prophecy when Moshiach will come.
>Nor do we care. While Christians await the second coming, the end of the world, and their rewards after death, Judaism is about life. We strive to be righteous, not because we want to go to heaven, but because our G-d wishes it of us. That good feeling that you get inside when you sacrifice to help another is the reward. What happens to us upon death? We don't know. G-d has not told us and no one has died and come back. We just trust in G-d.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 8:42:31 AM PST
Allan says:
''While Christians await the second coming, the end of the world, and their rewards after death, Judaism is about life.''

Not quite true, A. Caplan.

Jews have been confidently predicting the End Time since before Yehoshua appeared on the scene.

In fact, that is why this Jew took his Sicarii and Zealot mates with him, along with their two swords, to start the rebellion against the Romans which would bring down G-d's heavenly hosts to put the Gentiles into their proper place.

Unfortunately for him, the promised support did not arrive, did it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 11:25:13 AM PST
paul best says:
Ahh i do recall reading christian sources that mention at the time of Jesus appearance, the Jews were expectinga Messiah , *like unto David*,,a real hero that slays Goliath, a King as Military Messiah.
How else could the Jews reign over all, unless through military exploits. Little did the Jews realize, its all about Spirit (healthy psychological constitution that makes a heart welcome for Gnosis).
*Not by might, not by powerr, but only by My Spirit*.
God did tell the Hebrews to fight heir enemies..But only until they became safely established in the land. Afterwards God would be their protector, not the sword, only through God.
Israel has a military today..whats up with that apostasy. No where in the Tanakh does it say *Israel make a grand army in My Name, money no object* I'd much rather have God on my side with not evena handgun, than all the military tech/A bombs in exsistence.
With God as Protector, ones enemey *smart bombs* are rendered *dumb cr*p*, completely worthless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 11:39:21 AM PST
A. Caplan says:
Allan says: Jews have been confidently predicting the End Time since before Yehoshua appeared on the scene.
"As you point out, we have our share of nuts. However, Judaism is predicated on our behavior now, not on some future event. Will G-d bring about and end of mankind? Both physics and Judaism say yes. However, both physicists and Jews (I guess especially Jewish Physicists:) don't sit around waiting for it to happen. We live our lives for today and for the foreseeable future, not for some event over which we have no control and for which we have no possible timeline.

Christians live so that they will go to heaven when they die; Jews live so that we are righteous today because G-d wants it. We are not interested in what happens to us when we die. We trust in G-d.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 11:43:13 AM PST
A. Caplan says:
paul best says: I'd much rather have God on my side with not evena handgun, than all the military tech/A bombs in exsistence.
>in World War I, German army belt buckles said "G-d is with us", or words to that effect. That didn't quite work out for them. I would rather have peace than all of the weapons on the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 3:13:30 PM PST
paul best says:
God is Peace, only, only, no other way will there be peace, until Messiah establishes His Holy Kingdom of Truth, Justice, Peace. Man has a zero cahnce at a peace treaty.
Read your history.
Agree with your idea about how christian fundamentalists/evangelists ( I was one for a 2 yr stink *typo on purpose, as the experience stunk)
have their heads in the clouds with dogmas and doctrines. They are cut off from life.
Jung, Plato, great classical music like Schnittke, Pettersson,,greek classics,,all this is basically nonexistent among evangelicals,,,impoverish souls.
Yet God wants me to minister to them one day far off.
*God grants grace to the humble*
Paul says *Knowledge tends to puff up ones spirit*...christians take all scriptures, Tanakh and New Testament completely out of context, ALWAYS, 100% of the time. and think Paul says that knowledge is not good, as it will give one a big ego.
not what Paul says at all. Christian ideology is too puerile for me to deal with. Once tgey realize I am gnostic, they stop talking with me and just stare.
Joel Osteen went to evangelize Jerusalem , thinking he would make a impression of the Jews there,,,not one Jew was the least bit interested attending his service. Even the Messianic Jews had no interest in what Joel had to say..

The Jews respect intelligence/talent/gifts of art as a sign that God is with that man.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 2:06:32 PM PST
Mens Sana says:
The Wehrmacht belt buckles, in both WWI & WWII read: GOTT MIT UNS.
http://tinyurl.com/6njspml

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 6:26:44 AM PST
anne says:
Has there ever been a side that didn't believe god was with them?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 6:43:37 AM PST
Allan says:
anne says: Has there ever been a side that didn't believe god was with them?

Allan: How could there be? Innana, Marduk, Zeus, Thor, Bran, et al always were on the side of the people who believed in them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 12:32:39 PM PST
jeffesq613 says:
Do anti-Semitic trolls believe that G-d is with them?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 12:37:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 12:39:37 PM PST
jeffesq613 says:
While what you say contains some basic truths about Judaism, traditional Judaism does require a Jew not only to care about the coming of the Messiah, but to anxiously await it. This is a fundamental belief, #12 on Maimonides' list of 13 principles of faith for a Jew.

<Principle XII. The era of the Messiah

And this is to believe that in truth that he will come and that you should be waiting for him even though he delays in coming. And you should not calculate times for him to come, or to look in the verses of Tanach to see when he should come. The sages say: The wisdom of those who calculate times [of his coming] is small and that you should believe that he will be greater and more honored than all of the kings of Israel since the beginning of time as it is prophesied by all the prophets from Moses our teacher, peace be upon him, until Malachi, peace be upon him. And he who doubts or diminishes the greatness of the Messiah is a denier in all the Torah for it testifies to the Messiah explicitly in the portion of Bilam and the portion of "You are gathered (towards the end of Deut)". And part of this principle that there is no king of Israel except from the house of David and from the seed of Solomon alone. And anyone who disputes this regarding this family is a denier of the name of God and in all the words of the prophets.>

http://www.mesora.org/13principles.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 1:44:09 PM PST
Allan says:
jeffesq613 says: Do anti-Semitic trolls believe that G-d is with them?

Allan: Do you, like your foul, evil mate, believe the Nazis and other real antiSemites heckled their victims to death?

Or do you have, as is the case in so many other things, your own idiosyncratic definition of antiSemite, jeffesq613?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 1:51:32 PM PST
jeffesq613 says:
You think one has to murder a Jew to be an anti-Semite?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:25:16 PM PST
Jeff,

Over on Robby's thread, Allan seems to be playing the part of a supporter of Jews. I don't know exactly what he's saying, since I have him on ignore. But at least one Xian poster, mistook him for a Jew, and started asking him questions, as if Allan was a person who could answer them.

It was a bit more than I could stomach. So I explained who Allan is, to the poster.

Tragically, one our friends, who seems to be harboring a grudge against me, announced to the poster, that Allan is very well studied in Judaism, and that he has read several 'versions' of the Tanakh.

So now, we have people, out there, who think that there are different versions of the Tanakh, and that Allan is an authority on them. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 3:08:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 3:19:29 PM PST
Allan says:
jeffesq613 says: You think one has to murder a Jew to be an anti-Semite?

Allan: No, but you did see the post in which I provided accepted definitions of antiSemites and antiSemitic actions.

I see nothing here which meets those accepted definitions.
As you know, your use, and the use by your mob here, is a desecration of the Jewish dead.

It is a gutless, cowardly, underhand insult to all who have paid the supreme price at the hands of real antiSemites, all just to boost your ego.

I doubt even the worst of the Skinheads and Neo-Nazis would waste their time on someone as insignificant as you and your ilk here.

In fact, they would see you as invaluable allies on the basis of the incalculable damage you are doing to real Jews, real Judaism, and what you describe as the secular State of Israel.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 3:33:51 PM PST
Mens Sana says:
Likely not, until the defeat. At that point they knew God was not with them, and found it necessary to rationalize why.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 5:25:08 PM PST
Allan says:
Mens Sana says: Likely not, until the defeat. At that point they knew God was not with them, and found it necessary to rationalize why.

Allan: I still can't work out why, as the Tanakh keeps telling us, the Hebrew deity insisted on making all those successive conquerors of his Chosen People so much richer, more powerful, and, at least technologically, smarter just so he could use them to smite his people when they got out of line.

Why not just hit them with a plague of, say, boils, or leprosy, or some such until they learned to behave themselves again?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 6:18:50 PM PST
jeffesq613 says:
I have posted numerous examples of statements made by anne and threads started by anne that no reasonable person could see as anything other than anti-Semitic. anne does not seem to be quite as ecumenical as you in her taunting of religious people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 6:23:16 PM PST
jeffesq613 says:
The one thing that keeps so many ignorant Rabbis in business is that their congregations know less than they do. How much more so with Allan discussing Tanakh in a Christianity forum. Allan didn't even realize that the Shimon and Levi story was part of the Tanakh. He thought Rabbi Frand was disclosing some kind of hidden Jewish secret. And then you saw his total lack of knowledge about the tribe of Benjamin story at the end of the book of Shoftim and the beginning of Shmuel I. He's a total fraud.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 7:13:26 PM PST
Allan says:
If you could afford to be honest with yourself, jeffesq613 you'd know that ''taunting'' or heckling'' are nothing at all like challenging.

As in: have you yet checked up on Mungo Man, have you read yet the Johns Hopkins experiment, and so on?

These are challenges you can not afford to meet, so have to pretend I am taunting or heckling you.

As always, you are lying to yourself to protect your precious dignity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 7:43:55 PM PST
Amen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 8:39:57 PM PST
Mens Sana says:
Allan,
God is always on our side . . . until he isn't . . . and that is usually rationalized as due to sin, as in, "We sinned and offended God mightily." But he is still our God, because he chose us; he is just p.o.'ed . . . and he will take us back after we make amends. And did did hit his people with leprosy, boils, and such (though no epidemics). Illness was the result of sin, just as health and wealth were his blessings.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Judaism forum (978 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Judaism forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions