Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle Accessory forum

Sharing books between 2 Kindles on different accounts

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 303 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 2, 2011, 11:30:50 AM PST
WMac says:
Thank you Thank you for all of your wisdom, everyone! I just purchased a "touch," my daughter has had the keyboard for the past year....I've read all 4 pages of information on sharing books. I now understand sharing between one account and/or registering and de registering with more than one account...you guys are the best!
;O)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011, 11:04:40 PM PST
musicmomma says:
If you register a Kindle to an account and download a book, you can read it. If you delete it before you are done you have to register the Kindle back to the accont and redownload it.

This does not work with the Kindle Fire though. You can register a Fire to an account to download a book but you have to keep the Fire on the account while you are reading the book. If you delete the Fire from the account the book is gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011, 11:11:10 PM PST
Neptune says:
If you keep a kindle/ebook file in your computer you can drag and drop any kindle compatible ebook from that file into any kindle that is plugged into the computer.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012, 7:47:13 AM PST
john h faris says:
I have what I think is a very simple question but I can't seem to find the answer. My wife and I just bought two kindles and they are registered to the same account. How do I arrange for our book purchases to go to both kindles?

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012, 8:21:41 AM PST
I just got a new Kindle fire. I want to transfer ALL of the books to the Kindle Fire including my archived books. So far I have not been able to do this. Can anyone help?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012, 7:36:54 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
Janis, all of the books in your Amazon account will be listed in the "cloud" section of your Kindle if it's registered to the same account you purchased them with. Just long-press each book to download it to your Kindle Fire. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that though, I only download the books that are in line to be read and then delete them from my Fire once I'm done so I have room for pictures, movies, and music. They'll still be stored in the cloud for you to access any time you want to re-read them.

By the way, there is no way currently to download all your books at once, you need to download them one at a time.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 11:00:29 AM PST
Now that I have my books on my kindle fire I want to completely remove my books from my other kindle so that I can give it away as a gift. I deregistered it but the books are still there. Can anyone help?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012, 3:13:01 PM PST
Lorene says:
I dont believe their is a limit on the number of kindle devices you can register. I have 7 registered. I am adding 5 more for my classroom. The only limitation is that the publisher will at most allow you to put your purchase on 5-6 devices. Then you must repurchase the book again to load onto more devices. For example, my 10 students are currently reading Hatchet. I placed it on 5 devices and then had to purchase another copy to place on the other 5.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012, 4:03:27 PM PST
Anina says:
You should transfer the books to the Amazon cloud or to your archives but to do that you will neeed to re-register it to yourself. Then de-register it and make the gift to someone else.
AM

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012, 7:09:57 PM PST
Having the books stay on the Kindle, after it is deregistered, is a powerful bonus to the person receiving the Kindle. The new owner has lots of books to immediately choose from. It doesn't cost you anything and having books already set up and ready to go makes it easier for the new user to learn the inner secrets of the Kindle at a slower pace. I have given away a number of my kindles and the new owners are absolutely delighted with the books I left behind for them to enjoy. And the best part is they don't have to learn how to put new books into collections right off the bat as that has been done for them. Amazon hit a home run with leaving the books on the kindles that are already on the kindle. I have most of my family now Kindle addicts from my passing down my older kindles to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012, 11:03:04 PM PST
Soozie3201 says:
I would just give it away with the books on it, after all you have bought them and read them on that kindle.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 10:55:22 AM PST
I purchased a Kindle for my granddaughter. I have her on my account. Her mother owns a Nook. How does she purchase a book for my granddaughter? If the granddaughter is on my account can she also read the books I have downloaded? I purchased a bunch of free kids' books for her and they are on my Kindle. When I register the new Kindle will she automatically have access to them? Thanks

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 1:49:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2012, 1:49:24 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
1) There are several ways mom can buy books for someone else. She can buy a gift certificate and give it to her daughter. (Many grocery stores sell Amazon gift certificates, or she can buy it online from amazon.com.) She can also set up her own amazon account and buy a book as a gift for someone else. It is important that she click in the "Gift" button, NOT the "buy" button. She'll be asked for the e-mail of the person she wants to buy the book for.

2) Yes, the granddaughter can view the books you've purchased since she's on your account. She can also buy more books and they'll be charged to your account.

3) When you register the new Kindle, if it's on your account, you can download any of the books in your account to her Kindle.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012, 9:10:05 PM PST
K C. Mullen says:
Any one know if 2 people can be reading the same book at the same time on two different devices? My son is reading a book on our Kindle and I want to read it as well on my iPad (Kindle ap). But I want to keep my "page" separate from his. Is there a way to keep the page on the device and not the book? We have one account...
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012, 4:17:25 AM PST
L. Leverton says:
Yes, anyone on the account can read the book, all at the same time. Turn off the sync feature and it won't sync between the devices and you can keep your pages separate.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012, 4:19:17 AM PST
L. Leverton says:
The problem with doing that is that you are using up one of your 6 licenses. SOme books have less. When you reach the limit you will be unable to put your own books on your own kindle because the kindles you gave away have them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012, 7:21:17 AM PST
A. Dietz says:
All you need to do is delete the book from one or more of the Kindles. Most books have a maximum of 6 devices at one time, but you can delete and add devices to move the book around.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012, 9:59:34 AM PST
Liz Johnsen says:
is ti correct to assume you can only be registered on one account. I have an account & my daughter has an account. we would like to share our books with each other. Can we also register our kindles on each others account for sharing books?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012, 1:42:08 PM PST
L. Leverton says:
You can only be registered to one account at a time. If you have any kindles except the fire, you can temporarily register to her account and download the books you want and then register back to your own account. Many relatives and friends do this dance, but fire owners can't do this or they lose all their content.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012, 3:04:03 PM PST
K C. Mullen says:
I just heard back from Amazon. It's an easy fix for me. So if you are trying to do what I am, here's what they said...

To turn Whispersync on or off on Manage Your Kindle at:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle:

1. Click Manage Your Devices under Your Kindle Account on the left side of the page.

2. Under Whispersync Device Syncronization at the bottom of the page, choose to turn the feature on or off.

Once you turn Whispersync off, your books will still open to the last page read on that device or Kindle reading application, but Whispersync will no longer sync bookmarks or the furthest page read with other devices or apps.

Good luck and happy reading!

Posted on Feb 3, 2012, 3:07:54 PM PST
C. Doyle says:
How do i put my photos onto my kindle??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012, 5:04:51 PM PST
Scoop says:
How do I set up an ebook file on my computer?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012, 5:30:06 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
C. Doyle: Which Kindle do you have?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012, 5:32:00 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
Scoop: We need more details. What are you trying to do? If you want to read Kindle books you've purchased from Amazon, you need to either install Kindle for PC (or Mac) or use the Kindle cloud reader. Creating the files to store those books is a function of the program, you don't need to do anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012, 9:12:59 AM PST
C. Doyle says:
i have a kindle keyboard 3g
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Accessory forum (831 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Accessory forum
Participants:  130
Total posts:  303
Initial post:  May 12, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers