Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

battery replacement

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2010, 9:42:08 AM PDT
rechargable batteries eventually stop recharging. What happens to Kindle then?

Posted on Aug 5, 2010, 10:01:22 AM PDT
If the Kindle is out of warranty, this is one option if you don't want to send it back to Amazon. I haven't had problems so far with my Kindle so I haven't done the change out myself, but it looks fairly easy.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Kindle-2/624/1

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 9:29:56 AM PST
There are excellent battery replacement kits available for the Kindles. And if you replace your own battery rather than sending your Kindle back to Amazon for a replacement then you do not have to redownload all your books. Since I have over 1200 books on my Kindle DX preserving the current library was very important to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:07:16 AM PST
It's likely that you will have replaced the Kindle with a newer, less expensive, model long before the battery fails.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:09:45 AM PST
I have a Kindle, a Kindle 2, a Kindle Fire, a Kindle DX and a Kindle Fire HD.

The Kindle DX remains my preferred e-reading device.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 4:23:14 PM PST
@John: I have multiple kindles (generations) and I favor the K2i. I recently replaced my almost 4 year old kindle with a new battery for about 20 bucks; it looks and works like the day I bought it. I have the newer kindles, but find this one to be my favorite because it seems to be the strongest workhorse of the bunch. Replacing the battery of almost any kindle product, is readily available if you google it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer