YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now NYNN
Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Who wamts to be friends?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 626-650 of 830 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:27:20 AM PDT
Splinker says:
I thought I was on my Splinkerville thread. Please forgive the intrusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:28:57 AM PDT
Splinks could always go for Spam, spam, spam, eggs, chips and spam.

There's not a lot of spam in that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:58:09 AM PDT
A. Customer says:
Don't be daft! ;)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 3:22:16 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
I popped over and said hello to your friend Anna! I don't know how often I'll be on these last few days this week, but I will try my best! I'll be back more often next week after my freaking grad party is over. It is on Saturday and I wish it was Sunday already. There will so many people and my sunburn is making me want to rip my hair out strand by strand. I'm not even sure who IS coming anymore. Family I think...just pray there won't be any crazy stakers that show up claiming to be my long lost Uncle Kevin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 3:29:02 PM PDT
Haha! OK. Have fun at your party.

P.S. What will you do if your real long-lost Uncle Kevin shows up?

P.P.S. Try making a paste with baking soda and water and putting it on your sunburn.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 3:35:34 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
I'll try to have fun!

P.S. Well, I won't want to run the risk of him not being the real long lost Uncle Kevin so I will have to send him away. But I will do it nicely and perhaps even send him off with a plate of food. Lord knows we'll have enough left over!

P.P.S. I will try that! Thanks.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 3:54:30 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
Ick. My mom makes me feel like a bratty teenager sometimes. She keeps nagging on me to clean the toilets--gross--but I haven't had time to hardly breathe these past two days and she says it should have been done yesterday. Kind of hard to clean the toilets when I'm busy being outside with you setting up for my party.

So I just went to clean the toilets, but I'm not doing it without gloves because that's nasty only my step dad is in the shower and he always leaves the bathroom door open and closes the bedroom door instead so I can't go in there to get the gloves to clean the toilet and she's throwing a hissy fit because I haven't done it yet! Jeez. At least I'm going to do it. I could just pretend I forgot. -.-

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:26:30 PM PDT
Lol! You don't put your hand in the toilet, do you? I use a toilet brush, so I don't use gloves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:32:43 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
Yeah...we got rid of our toilet brush a while ago because it was gross and never bought a new one so...yes, my hand goes in the toilet, hence the much-needed gloves.

The nasty chore is finished now and I don't have to hear about the freaking toilets anymore!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 5:29:35 PM PDT
Get yourself a toilet brush! You could ask for it for a graduation present. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 6:07:43 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
Lol! I'm not sure my parents would know what to say to that.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:16:52 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
I start college next flipping week!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:19:27 PM PDT
A. Customer says:
Anna, how about inviting Ani to Ed's new site?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:21:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 2:22:48 PM PDT
I introduced her to Obesessed on the other Quirky thread.

Do you think Ed's site might be too adult? I'd worry about that a little.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:22:51 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
Who am I emailing and why?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:26:14 PM PDT
A. Customer says:
That's why I thought I would run it past you first. So far it's fine, no worse than some of the threads here, and I would certainly jump on anything too salacious. But I think she might enjoy the book talks, and maybe the book club?

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:27:19 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
-clears throat- Am I speaking english here?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:29:56 PM PDT
A. Customer says:
Sorry Ani, we are talking about you and not to you, and that's really rude of me. Didn't know you were still here. One of the posters from here has created a new book discussion site and forum, I was wondering if you might like to join us over there. It's a moderated forum, so no risk of being trolled. Email me if you want to take a look ( in my profile) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:30:33 PM PDT
Hahaha!!! Sorry. It's probably like your parents talking about you.

A poster started a website for some people who got tired of trolls and down voting. But so far it's adults and can get a bit racy. I was just worried about corrupting you!

But I'm sure you are old enough and smart enough to decide for yourself which threads to post in.

Click on twinny's profile and email her if you are interested. :)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:33:31 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
I don't know if I'll join in or anything, but I've emailed twinny and I will check it out. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:37:24 PM PDT
I've just been lurking so far, too. I haven't had time to register (I need to think of a good name!)

So are you excited about starting college? Is this at the college you are going to? If so, it will give you a chance to get acquainted with the campus. Is it a large campus?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:39:41 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
I'm both excited and nervous to start. I know it's only a six week class and just a student development one at that, but it's my first college class. It is at the same college, but it's only a community college. I'm doing that for two years. The buildings are all spaced out weird. Some are across streets, others are clustered together. I'll need a map for sure!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 4:43:05 PM PDT
I went to a community college for three years (I liked it!) Then I transferred to a state college.

There was no difference in the caliber of classes or teachers. I had some amazing instructors at both places and a few that were less than amazing at both places.

It's a great way to get your general ed classes out of the way and way less expensive.

Every college I've gone to (I've taken classes at 5) has been spread out. Lot's of walking. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 4:46:03 PM PDT
Miss Ani Rae says:
I imagine I will like it, but that doesn't make me any less nervous. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 5:21:46 PM PDT
Of course not. Anytime you do something new you get nervous.

I'm always nervous on the first day of school, even though my students are half my size! And I was terrified on my first day of college.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  830
Initial post:  Mar 28, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers