Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

amazon Echo

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 401-425 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 4:45:51 PM PST
randy says:
'If you do not purchase a qualifying product while the promotion is in effect, the offer will not apply'.This was one of the conditions for the 99$ promotion. I requested an invitation to purchase the first day it came on the Amazon site. So far I have not received an invitation to purchase. I do not know if this is because I did not buy a 'qualifying product' or just because.I have no idea what a 'qualifying product' is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 4:48:35 PM PST
Josue says:
What qualifying purchase are you referring to?

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 5:00:41 PM PST
Charlie Fox says:
too bad Ron, you would love this device....I've only had it for an hour and it's soooo cool!

I too have spent a great deal of $$$ with Amazon and have a collection of kindles and fires.....but luckily for me, my random name came up in the Echo draw.

Maybe you'll be in the next group.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 5:10:00 PM PST
Jaehn says:
It means if you don't purchase the Echo while the $99 promotion is going on you can't try to get it for that price later after that offer is gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 5:10:08 PM PST
Whorn32 says:
I talked to Echo support. They said that public release was very far away.

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 5:39:34 PM PST
P. Burks says:
Just noticed that as of today, the Amazon Echo app is in the Google Play Store, so still keeping my fingers crossed that I will get an invite and be able to use the app on my android phone.

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 6:01:34 PM PST
Francie says:
Got my Echo tonite. The sound coming out of it is remarkable and beautiful. I do wish it were completely wireless though so I could take it into any room without plugging it in.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 6:38:51 PM PST
monilee says:
I'm able to use it on my android phone. When I used the link in the email Amazon sent from my phone it took me to the Google play store to install it. When I opened the app it had all the information from the app on my kindle fire hdx on it already.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 6:50:25 PM PST
Sarida says:
Rocker is bringing the Bourbon, and I made popcorn.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 6:50:54 PM PST
Sarida says:
You know, I wondered the same thing.

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 6:53:15 PM PST
T. Madsen says:
Anyone else surprised by the lack of reviews online? Just the one guy that said it was a 10 and a sweet old dude on YouTube.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 7:16:58 PM PST
Whorn32 says:
It is because so few people got them. I talked to Echo support and they said that people were invited based not there buying amounts and there habits on using Amazon. They also are not supposed to be available to the public for a long time.

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 7:17:32 PM PST
Whorn32 says:
Best $99 ever spent!

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 8:05:05 PM PST
HiDefGuy says:
I registered for an invite within a minute of the device information going live, ages before it was first reported in blogs, so being invited has nothing to do with order. I didn't get an invite, but probably like you spend a ton of money at Amazon. My guess is that invites are being sent to Folks who purchased a Kindle Fire device from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 8:14:31 PM PST
I can't say for sure. But if Amazon does not honor the $99 for prime members, the company will incur tremendous ill will. I believe that so long as you ask for an invite while the promotion is on, you will eventually get one at the promotional rate.
I have had personal experiences with Amazon that illustrate. I applied for a store card and got $40. When my mom applied, she only got $10.
When we complained, the bank refused to give us the $30, but Amazon made up the difference with a promotional credit.
I think Amazon really does want to keep customer's good will -- particularly the good will of Prime Members.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 8:23:50 PM PST
Tim W. says:
When I signed up for the chance to buy an Echo, the message read:

"Thank you for your request. If selected, you will receive an e-mail with an invitation to purchase in the coming weeks."

When I read "If selected," I knew it was a crap shoot whether I would get an invitation. IMHO, Ammy made no promise to honor. If I eventually get an invitation, that's cool. If I don't, then I didn't need it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 8:41:15 PM PST
Jaehn says:
I have 2 Kindle Fires and haven't gotten an invite yet, so that theory's no good!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 8:42:43 PM PST
Jaehn says:
LOL, I saw that video. Coolest old dude on the block.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 9:25:46 PM PST
Birddogger says:
#1 Does anyone know the odds of getting Echo invite?

#2 Are they still sending out invites

Posted on Nov 20, 2014, 9:37:55 PM PST
Here's one reason that Amazon may have inserted "weazel" language in the invite. What if people sign up for Prime Membership solely to get the Echo at the reduced price? I doubt that if people are new to Prime that they will be invited, but I still think that the rest of Prime members who request an invite within the promotional time period will get an invite at the discounted price. I guess you and I will have to wait to see if I am wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 9:52:27 PM PST
Yes, Ron, out of their hundreds of thousands of customers, they have chosen to pick on you. Personally. How could they do it? How, Ron?? HOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 10:01:16 PM PST
THEIR, Whorn32 please!!! Their. There. They're different words.

I'm sorry. I really can't help myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014, 11:53:37 PM PST
TriCel, thanks for the report. I think I read that they were planning to later let the user choose their own Awake word (instead of using 'Alexa' as the word, so 'Echo' might be workable for you later.

- A

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014, 5:03:24 AM PST
Sarida says:
That's the way I think. If I get an invitation, then I'll purchase it at $99. For me, $199 is too much for a toy like that when I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini w/retina.

I keep thinking that having an "Echo" means I'm too stinkin' lazy to just push the button on the iPhone and ask Siri. If Siri doesn't know, then I know how to run search engines.

We have a television in the library where I work. I was gone one day and the next day the head librarian asked me where I kept the remote. I showed her. She said that she, the principal and assistant principal looked and looked for it, because there was a news event they wanted to watch. I took her over and showed her the "POWER" button on the front of the machine.

So, I suspect Echo would make me just as lazy :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014, 5:14:41 AM PST
Tinker-bella says:
First world problems.

If the perceived slight on your part by Amazon personally singling you out without an invite for an electronic gadget is your biggest problem in life, consider your life blessed and move on. (Incidentally, I haven't received one either.)

Or stay angry and petulant, and let the stress destroy you from the inside out. Your choice.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Cannot filter my Amazon wishlist by price drop 195 1 minute ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 687 6 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 8664 6 minutes ago
list versus covers 5 10 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1483 13 minutes ago
Kindle keyboard turn on minutes left in a chapter? 2 26 minutes ago
August, 2017 What are YOU reading? 54 40 minutes ago
Kindle reading aloud 54 41 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3778 46 minutes ago
Zoom In on Cloud Reader 21 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  264
Total posts:  1904
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2014
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 50 customers