Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How can I download photos to my Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2011 10:33:48 AM PST
diazyn says:
Can someone tell me how to download some photos to my kindle?

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 11:25:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2011 11:26:00 AM PST
Check out Andys Basten's Blog (www.kindleworld.blogspot.com) or Stepeh Windwalker's blog (http://kindlehomepage.blogspot.com/) you can search for instructions on how to do it. Also, Bufo's blog (http://ilmk.wordpress.com/)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 8:34:23 PM PST
ShirleyKat says:
One easy way is to simply create a zip file of a bunch of photos and drag the zip file into Kindle's documents folder. I strongly suggest that you prepare the photos first by reducing them to 600 x 800 pixels and changing the RGB mode to grayscale. Whatever name you give the zip file will become the book name and you turn pages in that book to go through the photos.

If you are not familiar with this kind of image editing, you can send photos to Amazon to be converted and returned individually as .azw files. You could then put them all in one collection. For details start at chapter 8.3 in your user manual.

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 9:49:00 PM PST
krystalspin says:
What ShirleyKat said, except you don't have to zip them and you're supposed to make another folder on your Kindle's root directory -- the same level as the Documents folder, not in it -- and call it Pictures. Then you put groups of photos/pictures (as JPG files) in sub-folders in that folder - whatever you title the folder will be the name of the 'album' that appears on your Kindle's homescreen. Each jpg will be a page in the album that opens like a book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 9:59:04 PM PST
Q says:
@Diane M Budzyn

The thought never crossed my mind since the Kindle screen is a limited resolution and grayscale ... and it is only black & white.

Why would you want to?

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 1:02:01 PM PST
Dante says:
Terry, people have been looking at black and white photos since the camera was developed. A lot of the great photographers only used b&w, because it can give a photo a certain feel and look that you cannot get with colour.
Pictures actually look pretty good on the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2011 3:40:36 PM PST
Gpamelac says:
Many convert thier photos to B&W cause they may want thier photos to have
a vintage look and color was not around way back when.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions