Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Amazon Echo (no invite questions)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2017, 8:55:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2017, 8:55:53 AM PDT
John Tuthill says:
Check out the Alexa Skills, there are several for cocktail recipes. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-alias%3Dalexa-skills&field-keywords=drink+recipes&sprefix=Drink+rec%2Calexa-skills%2C161&crid=3BGRY1VFN4M9R

Posted on Apr 27, 2017, 8:39:15 AM PDT
Carlos Perez says:
I registered for an invite because you never know...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2017, 2:31:37 PM PDT
Dan says:
@woody, I just looked at it closer too. at this time, I am wondering how it will share with family and friends. it would require echo features not available at this time. I guess I will keep watch on this device.

Posted on Apr 26, 2017, 2:29:10 PM PDT
Dan says:
echo, echo on the wall, who has the best looking selfie of them all...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2017, 2:03:27 PM PDT
Woody says:
@Dan That's what I thought when I first saw the notice in my email and it's the reason I asked to be put on the invitation list. However, further reading leaves me to question its utility as a security device.

Posted on Apr 26, 2017, 1:45:28 PM PDT
Dan says:
amazon announces the echo look. to me unless it is a security camera, who really needs one that gives fashion advice and takes selfies...maybe there will eventually be an update for security. until then 200 bucks is just too much. what do you think?

Called the Echo Look, the $200 gadget uses its depth-sensing camera and LED lights for style selfies and fashion advice. It lets people take full-length photos and videos of their outfits using just their voices, so they can more easily compare looks and share their fashion pictures with friends.

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-reveals-its-newest-device-the-echo-look/

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2017, 4:17:14 PM PDT
coloradolady says:
I tried live chat. Now i can't find where it was. We talked for almost n hour n then she sent t me n email of what to try. None of it made sense. Ill find message n see if n e one an explain it. Thank u Woody.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2017, 2:45:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2017, 2:46:10 PM PDT
Woody says:
@coloradolady Have you tried calling Alexa tech support? They are pretty good about walking you through fixes for problems with your Echo.

From within the Alexa app, select Help & Feedback --> Call Customer Service Answer the questions using the dropdown menu, enter the phone number at which you'd like to be called back and they will call you right back.

Use the CALL Customer Service option, NOT Email Customer Service. It really helps to get a live human on the phone trying to help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2017, 2:35:49 PM PDT
coloradolady says:
I have been using my gate n tried ur suggestion n nothing. I don't know what to do or if I can call n e one to come fix it. I'm a senior n all this digital is confusing to us old timers. I'm glad u have a better concept on how to do things with ur devices. Thank u for ur suggestion. I'm ready to put my Echo out in the n let my male English Bulldog use it as a fire hydrant. LOL. If u think of n e thing else I can try, let me know. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2017, 8:11:23 AM PDT
Woody says:
Thanks, Cheryl. But that's not relevant because a) I meet those criteria and b) the color command works fine with my other lights--the color ones. So it's some other nuance I haven't figured out yet.

It doesn't really matter to me, since I can't imagine caring to change the color temperature of my white lights very often. I just tested it to report my results here.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2017, 7:44:43 AM PDT
Cheryl Jones says:
I got an email from amazon echo last night and it was talking about changing colors but it also said this. don't know if this is helpful.

Customers using Philips Hue bulbs must have hub v2 with the skill enabled.

Posted on Apr 15, 2017, 7:38:34 AM PDT
Carlos Perez says:
I just got "That command blah blah" as well

:-(

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2017, 12:44:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2017, 12:48:21 AM PDT
Woody says:
"Alexa, set the lightstrip to green." :-)

Evidently, you can also adjust the color temperature of white Hue lights. For example, "Alexa, set the bedroom light to cool white." However, when I tried it just now, Alexa told me "That command doesn't work on device 'bedroom'." Not sure why it doesn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2017, 11:49:23 PM PDT
Dan says:
you could at least posted the command :-) thanks for the heads up.

Posted on Apr 14, 2017, 2:53:09 PM PDT
Woody says:
Heads up for you folks who use Alexa to control your Phillips Hue lights: the Hue Skill now allows you to instruct Alexa to set the color of your lights--assuming, of course, that you have color Hue bulbs. It also works with Hue lightstrips. I haven't yet gotten a chance to try it with my Hue Blooms and Hue Go lights but I suspect they will work too.

Yes, there were ways to do this with third-party skills, but having this functionality within the basic Hue skill is a big improvement. Now I can change the colored lights over my couch to white when I want to read, all without getting up to use the Hue app on my phone.

Posted on Apr 14, 2017, 2:40:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2017, 2:42:08 PM PDT
Julie says:
I did find some headphones that paired with the Echo, my phone, and other sundry Android devices I have: Otium Wireless Bluetooth Sports Headphones In-Ear Earbuds Sweatproof Earphones Stereo with Mic Bass Noise Cancelling Bluetooth V4.1 for iPhone Android Smartphones

There is a flash deal going on at the moment. I bought them for $9.99 with a Slickdeal, figured I couldn't go wrong at that price. They work quite well for music, podcasts, Audible, etc!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2017, 8:58:00 AM PDT
Like a country-western angel!

Posted on Apr 14, 2017, 8:56:35 AM PDT
Carlos Perez says:
Alexa sings!?!?!

Posted on Apr 11, 2017, 7:10:14 AM PDT
Julie says:
Hm... nothing on the actual headset of make or model that I can see. I remember how to set it to pair, and I did it through the app, it did see the bluetooth device but gave an error message it was unable to pair. This is a pretty old headset!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2017, 1:15:20 AM PDT
Dan says:
it may take a while for it to sync with the echo. how long did you wait after adding it before asking?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2017, 11:02:30 PM PDT
I have the same issue

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2017, 1:45:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 10, 2017, 1:46:37 AM PDT
Dan says:
could be too old. what is the model number of the headset? maybe someone here can help you get it connected.

Posted on Apr 9, 2017, 5:40:38 PM PDT
Look at the version of bluetooth and buy the one with the highest number. Some version of
4 should be a minimum. You probably won't find a 5 on the market but stay away from the 2s and 3s. The more recent revisions are far better at starting and maintaining connections.

Posted on Apr 9, 2017, 9:05:47 AM PDT
Julie says:
Anybody using Bluetooth headphones connected with an Echo Device? I can't get my old set to pair and I'm looking for a recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2017, 4:54:44 PM PDT
Joy Feeney says:
Must watch fight between Angry Alexa Amazon Echo VS Google Home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK17k65CAno&list=PLq5CMRbIQdDhLGKGH05xOLJpoyu9XvT-x&index=2
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 334 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 7220 10 seconds ago
We're Quirky And Proud Of It! Join Grace The Bichon, Mighty Mouse, Snapper, Wookie The Hound, Pear Eating Turkeys, Cats Playing Ice Cube Soccer And A Herd Of Giraffes! No Rude Big Goats Allowed! Tally Ho! 9876 6 minutes ago
Freetime Games Constantly Getting Uninstalled 7 7 minutes ago
Sent gift Kindle book to typo'd email address. Can't seem to change addy! 0 13 minutes ago
Kindle First 1 17 minutes ago
Check mark next to books downloaded 0 30 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 6431 31 minutes ago
Read personal documents in cloud reader 6 42 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 2044 44 minutes ago
IP Configuration Failure 40 45 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1048
Total posts:  8333
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2014
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 133 customers