Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Last Page Read

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2012, 9:52:01 AM PDT
Does anyone know a quick way to get to my 'last page read' if I've lost my place?

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 9:55:14 AM PDT
Which Kindle?

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 9:57:53 AM PDT
OP posted more info in this thread - http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=TxK6IQOXTQIFXP&newContentID=MxQ2ROT6108IVD&newContentNum=2#Mx2A2I7VD4DGS9W

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 10:00:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012, 10:01:40 AM PDT
This may give you a starting point - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200711730

Edit - In particular this page - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200729890

which shows the menu with the option to "sync to furthest page read"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 10:03:20 AM PDT
Sorry. I did a P.S. when I realized I'd left it out. I have a Kindle Touch. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 10:20:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012, 10:20:43 AM PDT
@Carole: Forum hints

Thank you for telling us which model of Kindle; that is always a most excellent move! But next time, instead of starting a brand new thread to add your P.S., post another message in the original thread. Or, you can use the small blue 'edit this post' link to your box to correct/ add more info to your original post.

Fyi, there's an orange 'track this discussion button' to your left. It will send you an email whenever someone adds to this discussion.

I will post this comment both here and on your P.S. thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 12:16:12 PM PDT
Thanks very much...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 4:39:33 PM PST
I hope that I am putting this comment in the proper place. To me the "furthest page read" is not very useful for non-fiction books because I jump around while exploring the book. What I would like is a simple way to always return to the last page that I have read (not the furthest page that I have read) when I am switching between my different devices. I realize that having such an option would require that I make sure that I am connected either via wifi or 3G when I finally turn the device off. But it seems to me that Amazon could provide a simple update to the software/menus that would allow a choice between "last" and "furthest." When reading/studying non-fiction books, I find the "furthest page read" to be basically useless. Is there already a way to do what I want to do without having to log in to Amazon and use "Manage my Kindle?" Thanks, DavidS
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Brightness Won't Change 36 7 hours ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2873 7 hours ago
Sharing downloaded Prime (mostly free) videos with child's Fire tablet 11 7 hours ago
Shipping to Puerto Rico 51 7 hours ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6644 7 hours ago
Fire stick drops network connection 2351 7 hours ago
Fire Kids Edition 2 Year Worry-Free Guarantee. 64 7 hours ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 9257 7 hours ago
Home Screen icon size 20 8 hours ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 6121 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers